|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Clarissa the nickname 'Mrs Dalloway'?
2. Who is described as being foreign-looking, with a Roman nose?
(a) Clarissa Dalloway.
(b) Laura Brown.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) Clarissa Vaughan.
3. What is the maid's response to Leonard's alarm?
(a) She panics and starts to cry.
(b) She goes to the phone to call the police.
(c) She turns her head away and conceals a smile of triumph.
(d) She panics and runs to the kitchen.
4. Why did Barbara come to New York?
(a) To escape a disapproving family.
(b) To open a florist shop.
(c) To be near her lover, an opera singer.
(d) To sing opera.
5. What sort of top is Clarissa wearing?
(a) A blue turtleneck.
(b) An elegant silk shirt.
(c) A knitted top.
(d) A man's cotton shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which novel is Laura Brown reading?
2. What sudden change in Virginia has occurred?
3. Where does Virginia's body finally come to rest?
4. Literally, what does the word 'porcine' mean?
5. What is the last thing Virginia truly perceives?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)