|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this chapter set?
(a) A london suburb in 1941.
(b) Richmond-on-Thames, 1941.
(c) New York in 1994.
(d) A London suburb in the year 1923.
2. What does Leonard intend to do when he goes upstairs?
(a) To have an afternoon nap.
(b) To sit and wait for Virginia.
(c) To listen to the news on the radio.
(d) To read letters.
3. What is the maid's response to Leonard's alarm?
(a) She turns her head away and conceals a smile of triumph.
(b) She goes to the phone to call the police.
(c) She panics and starts to cry.
(d) She panics and runs to the kitchen.
4. What is the problem with the faces of George Washington?
(a) They have been destroyed by weather.
(b) They don't quite match.
(c) They have inappropriate expressions.
(d) One is missing its nose and the other is eroded.
5. What literary device is used in the phrase 'it runs like veins of brilliant metal'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the slabs of italic type in this chapter?
2. Where is Clarissa when Willie Bass sees her?
3. What is the meaning of the word 'obfuscation'?
4. What is the woman under the arch doing?
5. What has appeared in the window-box of the woman next door?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)