|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which novel is Laura Brown reading?
(a) Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
(b) Virginia Woolf by Vanessa Bell
(c) Mrs Dalloway by Vanessa Albee
(d) Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf by Edward Albee
2. What is disturbing Laura?
(a) She's experiencing a dreamlike feeling that she cannot shake.
(b) She is experiencing a strange fear that her pregnancy will go wrong.
(c) She's experiencing an upset stomach and feels embarrassed.
(d) She is experiencing a sudden aversion to her husband and child.
3. Which character does Virginia wish to avoid?
4. What is the problem with the faces of George Washington?
(a) They have inappropriate expressions.
(b) They have been destroyed by weather.
(c) They don't quite match.
(d) One is missing its nose and the other is eroded.
5. What is the meaning of the word 'obfuscation'?
(b) Darkly obscure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Virginia feel inside herself?
2. Where is Clarissa when Willie Bass sees her?
3. What literary device is represented by 'sinister beauty'?
4. What literary device is used in the phrase 'it runs like veins of brilliant metal'?
5. What does Leonard intend to do when he goes upstairs?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)