|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device is represented by 'sinister beauty'?
2. In what way does Laura think she is similar to Virginia Woolf?
(a) She thinks both of them could arrange flowers beautifully.
(b) She has a big nose, and so does Virginia.
(c) She has a husband who doesn't quite understand her.
(d) She thinks she has a touch of the same brilliance.
3. What does the word 'ubiquitous' tell us about the Jack Russell terriers.
(a) That they are big dogs that many people own.
(b) That they are noisy little pests and many people object to them.
(c) That they are really small dogs.
(d) That they have become very common. Lots of people seem to have them.
4. What has appeared in the window-box of the woman next door?
(a) A dandelion.
(b) A single gerbera.
(c) A rose.
5. What worries Leonard about Virginia's behavior?
(a) She is unable to work.
(b) She is being rude to Nelly.
(c) She is relying too much on coffee and alcohol.
(d) She is refusing to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of top is Clarissa wearing?
2. What is the meaning of the word 'obfuscation'?
3. For whom does Virginia leave notes?
4. What does 'the new world--the rescued world' refer to?
5. Why is she 'allowed' to be self-indulgent at the moment?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)