|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Virginia get along with her neighbors?
(a) She doesn't. She doesn't know them.
(b) They are good friends and look out for each other.
(c) She can't stand them because they never paint their shutters.
(d) Sometimes they clash, but on the whole they get on well.
2. How does Virginia see herself?
(a) As a closet lesbian.
(b) As merely a gifted eccentric.
(c) As a great writer.
(d) As a privileged wife.
3. Where does Virginia's body finally come to rest?
(a) Under a bridge in London.
(b) Under a jetty at Richmond.
(c) Against a bridge piling at Southwark.
(d) Against a bridge piling at Southease.
4. What pet-name does Laura have for Richie?
5. What does Virginia put in the pocket of her cardigan?
(b) A handful of pebbles and small rocks.
(c) Two suicide notes.
(d) A large stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard intend to do when he goes upstairs?
2. What literary device is used in the phrase 'it runs like veins of brilliant metal'?
3. What worrying symptoms does she think about?
4. What is the maid's response to Leonard's alarm?
5. What color is Laura's gown?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)