|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Leonard when Virginia goes to talk to him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In his study.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the printing room.
2. What color is Laura's gown?
(a) A soft green.
(d) Pale aqua.
3. What is important about the imagery of the squirrel's tail?
(a) It reminds us to look out for squirrels when we are driving.
(b) It's imagery never been used previously in literature.
(c) Its question mark shape links to Laura's musing about death.
(d) Its shape makes us question ourselves on environmental issues.
4. What is the neighbors' garage made of?
(a) White clapboard.
(b) Bricks painted blinding white.
(d) White stucco.
5. In what way does Virginia see Clarissa coming to her senses.
(a) By marrying a suitable man
(b) By calming down and looking at things rationally.
(c) By recognizing her difficulties.
(d) By marrying for love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is used in the phrase 'it runs like veins of brilliant metal'?
2. What can Leonard not easily distinguish?
3. What does Laura seem to have learned through her time in the kitchen with Richie?
4. What does Laura tell Richie she will do today?
5. What is the woman under the arch doing?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)