|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Leonard about Virginia's behavior?
(a) She is refusing to eat.
(b) She is unable to work.
(c) She is relying too much on coffee and alcohol.
(d) She is being rude to Nelly.
2. To what is Laura's love for Richie compared?
3. What is the problem with the faces of George Washington?
(a) One is missing its nose and the other is eroded.
(b) They have inappropriate expressions.
(c) They don't quite match.
(d) They have been destroyed by weather.
4. What does Laura intend to do in the hotel room?
(b) Read Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Read Mrs Dalloway.
5. What crisis looms before tea?
(a) Squabbles about the meaning of life.
(b) The failure of the cake.
(c) The later arrival of the sugared ginger.
(d) The crisis over the dying thrush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dozes on a slatted bench?
2. Vanessa resembles a sculpture of which period, according to Virginia?
3. What are Virginia and Marjorie doing when Vanessa arrives?
4. Why was Oliver dropped from his leading role in a thriller?
5. What material is used for the counter top in Clarissa's kitchen?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)