|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sudden change in Virginia has occurred?
(a) Her hands look arthritic.
(b) Her hair is quickly going white.
(c) She is no longer beautiful.
(d) She seems too happy.
2. What does writing, when inspired, give to Virginia?
(b) Profound satisfaction.
(c) A kind of madness.
(d) A sense of timelessness.
3. What crisis looms before tea?
(a) The failure of the cake.
(b) The later arrival of the sugared ginger.
(c) The crisis over the dying thrush.
(d) Squabbles about the meaning of life.
4. What breed of dog is mentioned in this chapter?
(a) Old English sheepdog.
(b) Chow Chow.
5. What does Leonard worship above all else?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word 'obfuscation'?
2. As she drives, in what does Laura find consolation?
3. What literary device is used in the phrase 'it runs like veins of brilliant metal'?
4. What does Laura intend to do in the hotel room?
5. What does the word 'emanate' mean?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)