|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is important about the imagery of the squirrel's tail?
(a) Its shape makes us question ourselves on environmental issues.
(b) Its question mark shape links to Laura's musing about death.
(c) It's imagery never been used previously in literature.
(d) It reminds us to look out for squirrels when we are driving.
2. What language did Virginia hear sparrows using?
3. What is little Richie's response to his mother's return?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is overwhelmed with love and relief.
(c) He's annoyed because he's been having a fine time playing and wanted this to continue.
(d) He tells her to come back later when he has finished his game.
4. What is the very long chapter in Richard's novel concerned with?
(a) A woman shopping for nail polish.
(b) A woman giving birth.
(c) A meditation over the breaking of an egg.
(d) The uses of sandpaper.
5. What gives Mrs. Latch's garage the look of a miniature house?
(a) The way the door has a green-shuttered window in it.
(b) The way the door has two little red windows in it.
(c) The size and shape of it compared to the main house.
(d) The way the door has a cantilevered front extension, like a storm porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginia imagine appearing as a jellyfish?
2. How does Virginia describe Ralph?
3. Who is Ralph?
4. What does Virginia fear?
5. Where would Clarissa like her ashes to be scattered?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)