|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ralph?
(a) Leonard's assistant.
(b) Virginia's eldest son.
(c) Leonard's brother.
(d) Leonard's boyfriend.
2. Who has a voice like a parakeet, according to Virginia?
3. What is the very long chapter in Richard's novel concerned with?
(a) The uses of sandpaper.
(b) A meditation over the breaking of an egg.
(c) A woman giving birth.
(d) A woman shopping for nail polish.
4. What does the word 'emanate' mean?
(a) To flow from a source.
(b) To become important.
(c) To persuade people to join a religion.
(d) To raise higher.
5. What is little Richie's response to his mother's return?
(a) He tells her to come back later when he has finished his game.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He's annoyed because he's been having a fine time playing and wanted this to continue.
(d) He is overwhelmed with love and relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Leonard when Virginia goes to talk to him?
2. What does Virginia imagine appearing as a jellyfish?
3. What annoys Leonard?
4. Where would Clarissa like her ashes to be scattered?
5. What jewelry is Laura wearing?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)