|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frantig's condition make Dalgard decide to do?
2. Where does the team of 91-Tangos get dinner?
3. Where does Dalgard agree to deliver monkey samples to the team from USAMRIID?
4. Why does Nancy's brother call?
5. Who does C.J. Peters select to lead the mission into the monkey house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nancy Jaax explain her belief that Ebola is airborne?
2. Even though C.J. Peters has a strong dislike for Joe McCormick, why does he also respect him?
3. Why do Nancy and C.J. not ask for respirators when they go to visit the monkey house?
4. Why does Peters select Jerry Jaax to lead the mission into the monkey house?
5. Why does Preston characterize the emergence of HIV as "subtle"?
6. Why is Joe McCormick critical of the way USAMRIID had handled Ebola research in the past?
7. What is ironic about the position that C.J. Peters leaves USAMRIID for?
8. Why does Gene Johnson supply the team with short-wave radios?
9. Why does the Kenyan government require that all visitors to Mount Elgon have an armed guard?
10. What does Preston carry in his backpack that no one else knows about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On page 228, General Russell explains that he wants soldiers with certain qualifications for the biocontainment mission at Reston.
a. What are the qualifications for the soldiers who will be doing the biohazard containment work?
b. Why are those qualifications chosen?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize how USAMRIID organize and execute the biocontainment procedure at Reston.
a. What do they do well?
b. What mistakes are made?
c. Do you agree or disagree with how they handle the media?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Charles Monet, Peter Cardinal, Mr. Yu G., and P.G. What is similar in their characters and what is different? How do these similarities and differences affect their fates? How does it affect how they become infected in the first place? Explain why you think Preston chose each of these characters for case studies in the book.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)