|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rhonda Williams in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) The battery for the blower on her suit cut off.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She got stuck with a needle.
(d) She lost her gloves.
2. How long does the CDC test for Ebola take according to McCormick?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Thirty days.
3. How much do the 91-Tangos get paid?
(a) Seven dollars an hour.
(b) They work for free.
(c) Fifty dollars an hour.
(d) Ten dollars an hour.
4. How many bags of monkeys are given to the team from USAMRIID?
5. What does C.J. Peters suggest Nancy do?
(a) Go to Kansas to be with her father.
(b) Stay and continue working on the outbreak.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Stay home with her kids for a few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rhonda's dream, what is the monkey holding in its hand?
2. What does Frantig's condition make Dalgard decide to do?
3. Who is the commander of the United States Army Medical Research and Development Command?
4. How many other people are traveling with Preston?
5. Finish this sentence: At the end of the decon process, the monkey house was the only place on earth where: ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jerry like the idea of shooting the loose monkey?
2. Why does the team from USAMRIID decide to wear civilian clothes?
3. What is the Army's policy about hazard pay for biohazard work?
4. Why do Nancy and C.J. not ask for respirators when they go to visit the monkey house?
5. Why does Gene Johnson supply the team with short-wave radios?
6. Why do the remaining monkey workers leave the monkey house for good?
7. Describe the evolution of the "AIDS Highway".
8. Why does the Kenyan government require that all visitors to Mount Elgon have an armed guard?
9. What is the compromise that the CDC and USAMRIID come up with?
10. What are the three methods of stopping a virus?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)