|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all laboratory beakers in a hot zone made of?
2. Who is Nancy's buddy in the Level 4 lab?
(a) Peter Jahrling.
(b) C.J. Peters
(c) Ron Trotter.
(d) Jerry Jaax.
3. What reason does Preston give for visiting Kitum Cave?
(a) He wants to take samples of guano.
(b) He wants to take samples of the crystals.
(c) He wants to interview the locals.
(d) He wants to look around.
4. Why is McCormick afraid he has been infected?
(a) He stabbed himself with a needle used on an infected woman.
(b) He breathed the same air as the Ebola patients.
(c) He shared food with the patients.
(d) He prepared the dead bodies for burial.
5. How do Nancy Jaax, Peters, and Gene Johnson travel to meet Dan Dalgard?
(a) In official Army vehicles.
(b) In civilian cars.
(c) In Army tanks.
(d) On public transportation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Army, the CDC, and Hazleton decide to let the virus run its course?
2. In Rhonda's dream, what is the monkey holding in its hand?
3. How long does the CDC test for Ebola take according to McCormick?
4. What percentage of men and women of child-bearing age who live around Mt. Elgon are thought to be HIV-positive?
5. Where do monkeys tend to aim when they spit at you?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Army's policy about hazard pay for biohazard work?
2. What are three reasons that Jerry chooses Captain Mark Haines to enter the building first with him?
3. Why does the team from USAMRIID decide to wear civilian clothes?
4. What is the memory that Nancy has of her father and her childhood?
5. What are the results of Nancy's examination of the monkey's stomach?
6. Why does the Kenyan government require that all visitors to Mount Elgon have an armed guard?
7. Why doesn't Jerry like the idea of shooting the loose monkey?
8. What are Dan Dalgard's recommendations for work in the monkey house?
9. Why do Nancy and C.J. not ask for respirators when they go to visit the monkey house?
10. Why do the remaining monkey workers leave the monkey house for good?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)