|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nancy's brother call?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To tell her that he is moving to Reston.
(c) To tell her not to wear a space suit any more.
(d) To tell her that her father is dying.
2. How has the area around Mt. Elgon changed since McDonald was a boy?
(a) The land was all forest and grassland.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Travel took a lot longer.
(d) There wasn't corn everywhere.
3. What do the frying pans release into the air?
(a) Formaldehyde gas.
(c) An experimental vaccine.
(d) Bacillus subtilis niger.
4. What does the monkey's intestine look like?
(a) It is torn.
(b) It is normal.
(c) It has hemorrhaged.
(d) It is full of blood.
5. During the second Reston outbreak, what does the CDC do?
(a) Close all labs using monkeys for research.
(b) Require all monkey workers to get tested for Ebola.
(c) Ban people from traveling to areas with Ebola outbreaks.
(d) Effectively stop most monkey importation into the U.S. for several months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do the 91-Tangos get paid?
2. What room does Dalgard give the Army permission to enter and euthanize the monkeys?
3. What does Jerry tell Nancy about his day?
4. Why does Milton Frantig apologize to Dalgard?
5. What do USAMRIID scientists eventually conclude about Ebola?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three reasons that Jerry chooses Captain Mark Haines to enter the building first with him?
2. Why does Nancy Jaax refuse to transport the dead monkeys?
3. Why does Preston characterize the emergence of HIV as "subtle"?
4. What are Dan Dalgard's recommendations for work in the monkey house?
5. Why does the Kenyan government require that all visitors to Mount Elgon have an armed guard?
6. What does Preston carry in his backpack that no one else knows about?
7. What are the three methods of stopping a virus?
8. How does Nancy Jaax explain her belief that Ebola is airborne?
9. Why do the remaining monkey workers leave the monkey house for good?
10. Why is Joe McCormick critical of the way USAMRIID had handled Ebola research in the past?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)