|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the staff do at the hospital in Maridi that ended the outbreak of Ebola Sudan?
(a) They consulted local tribal doctors.
(b) They got vaccinated.
(c) They moved to Zaire.
(d) They all ran off into the bush.
2. What is a "hatbox"?
(a) Where the space suits are kept.
(b) A place to store tape and bandages.
(c) A decontamination room.
(d) A biohazard container.
3. Where are most of the monkeys who die located?
(a) Room A.
(b) Room F.
(c) Room 6B.
(d) Room 21.
4. Who was Peter Cardinal's doctor at Nairobi Hospital?
(a) Dr. Shem Musoke.
(b) Dr. Antonia Bagshawe.
(c) Dr. David Silverstein.
(d) Dr. Nancy Jaax.
5. What disease did Peter Cardinal die from?
(a) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major metropolitan area is Reston, VA closest to?
2. What did Peter Jahrling ultimately realize had infected the monkeys?
3. What disease does Dan Dalgard think the dead monkeys contracted?
4. Why does Nancy's father want to go to Mexico?
5. Who is the colony manger at the Reston Monkey House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is veterinary pathology?
2. Why is Nancy angry with her father?
3. Compare Peter Jahrling's and Gene Johnson's offices.
4. What is a diamond knife?
5. What are sentinel animals used for?
6. Why are the workers burning the fields? What impact could this have on the migration of microbes and the biodiversity of an area?
7. How does the mixing of monkey species relate to the idea of HIV's origin?
8. How does Nancy Jaax's hobby help her confidence?
9. Why is Dan Dalgard uneasy at the end of Part 2 Chapter 4?
10. Describe the typical shapes of viruses and how Marburg compares to them.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)