|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom Geisbert's job at the Institute?
(b) Director of Veterinary Pathology.
(c) Electron microscope operator.
(d) Security guard.
2. What sport does Nancy Jaax participate in?
(a) Martial arts.
3. Who worked in the Yambuku Mission Hospital?
(a) The government.
(b) Spanish doctors.
(c) The Zairean military.
(d) Belgian nuns.
4. How big is a typical virus flask?
(a) The size of a large bowl.
(b) The size of a person's hand.
(c) The size of a person's thumb.
(d) The size of a fingernail.
5. Which fort are Nancy and Jerry Jaax assigned to in the Army?
(a) Fort Dix.
(b) Fort Detrick.
(c) Fort Bragg.
(d) Fort LeBoeuf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Nancy Jaax from?
2. What level of biolab are Tom and Peter examining the sample in?
3. What other disease does Peters suggest Jahrling test the sample for?
4. Where was the headquarters of Gene Johnson's Kitum Cave expedition?
5. What kind of animal lived on the roof of Peter Cardinal's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a diamond knife?
2. Describe "third spacing".
3. Why is Nancy angry with her father?
4. Describe what Tom Geisbert sees in his cell samples.
5. What is unusual about the house where Nancy Jaax lives?
6. What are the results of the three tests that Jahrling runs on the monkey samples?
7. Why doesn't Johnson's Kitum Cave expedition study large animals such as leopards or elephants?
8. Why did Ebola Zaire affect mainly women?
9. Describe the behavior of the weaverbirds on page 5. What about their behavior would make them interesting to an epidemiologist?
10. What irritates and concerns Peter Jahrling about the samples that Dan Dalgard sends him?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)