|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is a Racal suit?
2. What is in the samples that Dan Dalgard sends to USAMRIID?
(a) A throat wash.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Blood serum.
(d) Bits of monkey spleen.
3. What kind of animal lived on the roof of Peter Cardinal's house?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A weaverbird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A rock hyrax.
4. Who was Peter Cardinal's doctor at Nairobi Hospital?
(a) Dr. Nancy Jaax.
(b) Dr. David Silverstein.
(c) Dr. Shem Musoke.
(d) Dr. Antonia Bagshawe.
5. What is on the brush Tom Geisbert uses to fish out the sample slices?
(a) A piece of thread.
(b) A monkey hair.
(c) A human eyelash.
(d) A diamond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nancy's father want to go to Mexico?
2. What is the name of the doctor who treats Charles Monet?
3. Who did Peter Cardinal spend most of his time with while he was on vacation?
4. Where had Peter Cardinal and Charles Monet both been before they got sick?
5. What is the Boniface strain a test for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a diamond knife?
2. What is the military and political crisis that Peters worries about?
3. What disturbs Dan Dalgard at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. How does Preston distinguish parasites from predators?
5. Describe the behavior of the weaverbirds on page 5. What about their behavior would make them interesting to an epidemiologist?
6. Describe the typical shapes of viruses and how Marburg compares to them.
7. What does Nancy Jaax do in Gene Johnson's lab?
8. What are sentinel animals used for?
9. Explain how viruses are both considered "alive" and "dead".
10. What is pseudomonas?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)