|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peters travels to exotic locales, what does he enjoy doing?
(a) Learning the local dialect.
(b) Eating whatever the locals eat.
(c) Finding the best local herbal remedies.
(d) Meeting the local health professionals.
2. Who is another prime candidate that the scientists fear might break with Marburg?
(a) Jerry Jaax.
(b) Gene Johnson.
(c) Dan Dalgard.
(d) Nancy Jaax.
3. Who picked up the sample of Peter Cardinal's blood in Washington, DC?
(a) Tony Johnson.
(b) Nancy Jaax.
(c) Eugene Johnson.
(d) Jerry Jaax.
4. What disease does Dan Dalgard think the dead monkeys contracted?
(a) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
5. What is a rongeur used for?
(a) To euthanize monkeys.
(b) To disinfect a person's hand.
(c) To open skulls.
(d) To sterilize needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Nancy work in Level 3?
2. What major metropolitan area is Reston, VA closest to?
3. What does it mean to put a sample "in the beam"?
4. How many monkeys are imported into the United States each year for medical research?
5. What is the fatality rate of Marburg virus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dan Dalgard uneasy at the end of Part 2 Chapter 4?
2. What is pseudomonas?
3. What are Geisbert's electron microscope photographs definitive proof of?
4. What irritates and concerns Peter Jahrling about the samples that Dan Dalgard sends him?
5. Describe "third spacing".
6. What are sentinel animals used for?
7. How does the mixing of monkey species relate to the idea of HIV's origin?
8. Describe what Tom Geisbert sees in his cell samples.
9. How does Nancy Jaax's hobby help her confidence?
10. Describe the behavior of the weaverbirds on page 5. What about their behavior would make them interesting to an epidemiologist?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)