|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the staff do at the hospital in Maridi that ended the outbreak of Ebola Sudan?
(a) They all ran off into the bush.
(b) They got vaccinated.
(c) They consulted local tribal doctors.
(d) They moved to Zaire.
2. What is the fatality rate of Ebola virus?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Ninety percent.
(c) Twenty five percent.
(d) Ten percent.
3. Who was the index case of Ebola Sudan?
(a) Mr. P. G.
(b) Heinrich P.
(c) Charles Monet.
(d) Mr. Yu G.
4. What did Peter Jahrling ultimately realize had infected the monkeys?
(a) Ebola Zaire.
(c) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
5. Why can't Nancy work in Level 3?
(a) She can't keep up with the work and her family.
(b) She couldn't pass her written tests.
(c) She can't tolerate the vaccines.
(d) She is afraid of needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Charles Monet and his lady friend travel to Kitum Cave?
2. What is the name of the doctor who treats Charles Monet?
3. What is the genetic code of Ebola?
4. What is listed as Charles Monet's official cause of death?
5. What kind of animal lived on the roof of Peter Cardinal's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the house where Nancy Jaax lives?
2. What is a diamond knife?
3. Explain how viruses are both considered "alive" and "dead".
4. Why are the workers burning the fields? What impact could this have on the migration of microbes and the biodiversity of an area?
5. Describe what Tom Geisbert sees in his cell samples.
6. What irritates and concerns Peter Jahrling about the samples that Dan Dalgard sends him?
7. What is pseudomonas?
8. What are Geisbert's electron microscope photographs definitive proof of?
9. What are the results of the three tests that Jahrling runs on the monkey samples?
10. Why is Dan Dalgard uneasy at the end of Part 2 Chapter 4?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)