|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Nancy Jaax from?
2. What is the Boniface strain a test for?
(a) Ebola Sudan.
(b) Ebola Zaire.
(c) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
3. What are viruses made of?
(c) DNA or RNA.
(d) Oxygen and hydrogen.
4. Where are the latest monkeys to die being kept?
(a) Room A.
(b) Room X.
(c) Room H.
(d) Room F.
5. Where does Dr. Peter Tukei work?
(a) At USAMRIID.
(b) Nairobi Hospital.
(c) For the CDC.
(d) The Kenya Medical Research Institute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ebola virus named for?
2. Who is the strain of Ebola Zaire in the U.S. Army's freezers named after?
3. Why does Jahrling originally think the samples are NOT Marburg?
4. What is Colonel C.J. Peters' official title at USAMRIID?
5. What is in the samples that Dan Dalgard sends to USAMRIID?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dan Dalgard's recommendations for work in the monkey house?
2. What are three reasons that Jerry chooses Captain Mark Haines to enter the building first with him?
3. Describe "third spacing".
4. What is the Army's policy about hazard pay for biohazard work?
5. Describe the evolution of the "AIDS Highway".
6. Why does Peters select Jerry Jaax to lead the mission into the monkey house?
7. How does the mixing of monkey species relate to the idea of HIV's origin?
8. What are the results of the three tests that Jahrling runs on the monkey samples?
9. Explain how viruses are both considered "alive" and "dead".
10. What did the first radio reports say that frightened lab workers in the monkey house?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)