|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Jaaxes spend Thanksgiving?
2. What is the fatality rate of Marburg virus?
(a) Twenty five percent.
(b) One percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Ninety percent.
3. What is the Boniface strain a test for?
(a) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
(b) Ebola Zaire.
(d) Ebola Sudan.
4. What sport does Nancy Jaax participate in?
(d) Martial arts.
5. When Peters travels to exotic locales, what does he enjoy doing?
(a) Finding the best local herbal remedies.
(b) Meeting the local health professionals.
(c) Learning the local dialect.
(d) Eating whatever the locals eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another prime candidate that the scientists fear might break with Marburg?
2. What does Tom Geisbert think has infected his cells after looking at them through the electron microscope?
3. Where did the initial outbreak of Ebola Zaire begin?
4. Who is the strain of Ebola Zaire in the U.S. Army's freezers named after?
5. Why did Peter Cardinal want to go to Kitum Cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Geisbert's electron microscope photographs definitive proof of?
2. Why are the workers burning the fields? What impact could this have on the migration of microbes and the biodiversity of an area?
3. Why is Nancy angry with her father?
4. What is pseudomonas?
5. How does the mixing of monkey species relate to the idea of HIV's origin?
6. Why doesn't Johnson's Kitum Cave expedition study large animals such as leopards or elephants?
7. What is the military and political crisis that Peters worries about?
8. How does Preston distinguish parasites from predators?
9. What is unusual about the house where Nancy Jaax lives?
10. Compare Peter Jahrling's and Gene Johnson's offices.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)