|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Peter Cardinal spend most of his time with while he was on vacation?
(a) His sister.
(b) His nanny.
(c) His mother.
(d) Charles Monet.
2. Which fort are Nancy and Jerry Jaax assigned to in the Army?
(a) Fort Bragg.
(b) Fort Detrick.
(c) Fort Dix.
(d) Fort LeBoeuf.
3. Who was Peter Cardinal's doctor at Nairobi Hospital?
(a) Dr. Antonia Bagshawe.
(b) Dr. Nancy Jaax.
(c) Dr. Shem Musoke.
(d) Dr. David Silverstein.
4. What does Jahrling tell Dalgard is "definitely" present in the monkey house?
(c) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
5. Where did the first identified victims of Marburg virus work?
(a) In a sugar factory.
(b) As monkey traders.
(c) In a factory that made vaccines.
(d) At USAMRIID.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Dan Dalgard think the dead monkeys contracted?
2. What is the Boniface strain a test for?
3. Where does Dr. Peter Tukei work?
4. What is a rongeur used for?
5. What is the first symptom after being exposed to a filovirus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the workers burning the fields? What impact could this have on the migration of microbes and the biodiversity of an area?
2. Why is there no known video footage of the Reston mission?
3. Why does the team from USAMRIID decide to wear civilian clothes?
4. How is the virus in the monkeys like the Andromeda Strain?
5. Why doesn't Johnson's Kitum Cave expedition study large animals such as leopards or elephants?
6. How does Preston distinguish parasites from predators?
7. Why does the Kenyan government require that all visitors to Mount Elgon have an armed guard?
8. What irritates and concerns Peter Jahrling about the samples that Dan Dalgard sends him?
9. What is the military and political crisis that Peters worries about?
10. Why doesn't Jerry like the idea of shooting the loose monkey?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)