|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charles Monet originally from?
(b) South Africa.
(d) The United States.
2. About how many cells does each slice of the sample Tom Geisbert makes with the diamond knife contain?
(a) About two.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) One hundred.
3. What are viruses made of?
(b) DNA or RNA.
(d) Oxygen and hydrogen.
4. Who did Peter Cardinal spend most of his time with while he was on vacation?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His sister.
(c) Charles Monet.
(d) His mother.
5. What does the word "filovirus" mean in Latin?
(a) Deadly virus.
(b) Harmless virus.
(c) Thread virus.
(d) Ring virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the initials USAMRIID stand for?
2. Who is the first person Dalgard calls after talking to Peter Jahrling?
3. What color is a Racal suit?
4. How many monkeys are imported into the United States each year for medical research?
5. Where are Tom Geisbert's children staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Preston distinguish parasites from predators?
2. Why can't a monkey be autopsied in front of other monkeys?
3. What does Nancy Jaax do in Gene Johnson's lab?
4. What irritates and concerns Peter Jahrling about the samples that Dan Dalgard sends him?
5. What are Geisbert's electron microscope photographs definitive proof of?
6. Describe the behavior of the weaverbirds on page 5. What about their behavior would make them interesting to an epidemiologist?
7. What are the results of the three tests that Jahrling runs on the monkey samples?
8. What is the military and political crisis that Peters worries about?
9. What is Nancy Jaax's dilemma as a veterinarian and as a scientist?
10. How does Nancy Jaax's hobby help her confidence?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)