|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Nancy work in Level 3?
(a) She can't tolerate the vaccines.
(b) She is afraid of needles.
(c) She can't keep up with the work and her family.
(d) She couldn't pass her written tests.
2. Why did Peter Cardinal want to go to Kitum Cave?
(a) To see bats.
(b) To practice his caving skills.
(c) To collect crystals.
(d) To photograph elephants.
3. Who worked in the Yambuku Mission Hospital?
(a) Spanish doctors.
(b) The Zairean military.
(c) The government.
(d) Belgian nuns.
4. Where does Dan Dalgard spend Thanksgiving?
(b) Washington DC.
5. Where are the Sese Islands?
(a) In the Indian Ocean.
(b) In Lake Victoria.
(c) In the Pacific Ocean.
(d) In the Atlantic Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Geisbert think has infected his cells after looking at them through the electron microscope?
2. Where are all of the monkeys euthanized?
3. Who does Dan Dalgard contact at USAMRIID?
4. What other disease does Peters suggest Jahrling test the sample for?
5. What does Tom Geisbert realize the "pepper" is that he sees in the cells?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is veterinary pathology?
2. How does Nancy Jaax's hobby help her confidence?
3. Why are the workers burning the fields? What impact could this have on the migration of microbes and the biodiversity of an area?
4. Describe "third spacing".
5. Why is it not in the best interest of a virus to kill its host?
6. What is a diamond knife?
7. What are Geisbert's electron microscope photographs definitive proof of?
8. What is Nancy Jaax's dilemma as a veterinarian and as a scientist?
9. Why is Nancy angry with her father?
10. Explain how viruses are both considered "alive" and "dead".
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)