|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the colony manger at the Reston Monkey House?
(a) Shem Musoke.
(b) Bill Volt.
(c) Dan Dalgard.
(d) Jerry Jaax.
2. Where did the Jaaxes spend Thanksgiving?
3. Who worked in the Yambuku Mission Hospital?
(a) The Zairean military.
(b) Belgian nuns.
(c) Spanish doctors.
(d) The government.
4. What is wrong with Nancy's father?
(a) He is dying of cancer.
(b) His house has been burned down in a fire.
(c) He just lost his wife.
(d) He has been laid off from his job.
5. What pet lives with Nancy and her family?
(a) A dog.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) A python.
(d) A parrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ebola virus named for?
2. About how many cells does each slice of the sample Tom Geisbert makes with the diamond knife contain?
3. What does Tom Geisbert think has infected his cells after looking at them through the electron microscope?
4. What is the first symptom after being exposed to a filovirus?
5. What is the name of the doctor who treats Charles Monet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pseudomonas?
2. Why are crab-eating macaques described as "competitors" of humans in their natural environment?
3. How does Nancy Jaax's hobby help her confidence?
4. What are sentinel animals used for?
5. What is the military and political crisis that Peters worries about?
6. What is a diamond knife?
7. What irritates and concerns Peter Jahrling about the samples that Dan Dalgard sends him?
8. Describe the typical shapes of viruses and how Marburg compares to them.
9. Describe what Tom Geisbert sees in his cell samples.
10. What are the results of the three tests that Jahrling runs on the monkey samples?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)