|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Peter Jahrling's license plate?
(b) VRS HNTR.
2. Why can't Nancy work in Level 3?
(a) She can't keep up with the work and her family.
(b) She can't tolerate the vaccines.
(c) She couldn't pass her written tests.
(d) She is afraid of needles.
3. What are red eyes often a sign of?
4. Where is Charles Monet originally from?
(b) The United States.
(d) South Africa.
5. What are "inclusion bodies"?
(a) Cell nucleoids.
(b) Cracks in the cell.
(d) Crystal-like blocks of pure virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jerry and Nancy Jaax meet?
2. How many new monkeys die at the monkey house over Thanksgiving?
3. What do people who have been confined to the Slammer receive when they get out?
4. What is the Boniface strain a test for?
5. Where does Dan Dalgard spend Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it not in the best interest of a virus to kill its host?
2. What disturbs Dan Dalgard at the end of Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. What does Nancy Jaax do in Gene Johnson's lab?
4. What is veterinary pathology?
5. Why can't a monkey be autopsied in front of other monkeys?
6. Why is Dan Dalgard uneasy at the end of Part 2 Chapter 4?
7. What are sentinel animals used for?
8. Explain how viruses are both considered "alive" and "dead".
9. Describe the behavior of the weaverbirds on page 5. What about their behavior would make them interesting to an epidemiologist?
10. Describe what Tom Geisbert sees in his cell samples.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)