|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ebola virus named for?
(a) The Ebola River.
(b) The Ebola Institute, where it was identified.
(c) John Ebola, the index case.
(d) Dr. Ebola, the person who first isolated it.
2. Where does Dr. David Silverstein live?
(a) Marburg, Germany.
(b) Reston, Virginia.
3. What is wrong with Nancy's father?
(a) His house has been burned down in a fire.
(b) He has been laid off from his job.
(c) He just lost his wife.
(d) He is dying of cancer.
4. When Nancy and Jerry Jaax get promotions, where do they both end up working?
(a) At the CDC.
(b) At USAMRIID.
(c) At the Institute for Chemical Defense.
(d) At the WHO.
5. Where does Dan Dalgard spend Thanksgiving?
(a) Washington DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other disease does Peters suggest Jahrling test the sample for?
2. What is the first symptom after being exposed to a filovirus?
3. What is the characteristic smell of pseudomonas?
4. What is Tom Geisbert's job at the Institute?
5. Where does Jahrling go to view the samples of monkey virus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nancy angry with her father?
2. Describe what Tom Geisbert sees in his cell samples.
3. What is the difference between an electron and a light microscope?
4. Why can't a monkey be autopsied in front of other monkeys?
5. How does the mixing of monkey species relate to the idea of HIV's origin?
6. Describe the behavior of the weaverbirds on page 5. What about their behavior would make them interesting to an epidemiologist?
7. Why are crab-eating macaques described as "competitors" of humans in their natural environment?
8. What is unusual about the house where Nancy Jaax lives?
9. What is veterinary pathology?
10. Why is Dan Dalgard uneasy at the end of Part 2 Chapter 4?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)