|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter Jahrling ultimately realize had infected the monkeys?
(c) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
(d) Ebola Zaire.
2. What state is Nancy Jaax from?
3. Why do elephants travel into Kitum Cave?
(a) To find water.
(b) To get salt.
(c) To escape poachers.
(d) To have their babies.
4. What color is a Racal suit?
5. How big is a typical virus flask?
(a) The size of a person's hand.
(b) The size of a fingernail.
(c) The size of a person's thumb.
(d) The size of a large bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nancy's father want to go to Mexico?
2. Why do Charles Monet and his lady friend travel to Kitum Cave?
3. What is Tom Geisbert's job at the Institute?
4. Where does Dan Dalgard spend Thanksgiving?
5. Where are the latest monkeys to die being kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Tom Geisbert sees in his cell samples.
2. What is the difference between an electron and a light microscope?
3. Why can't a monkey be autopsied in front of other monkeys?
4. What is a diamond knife?
5. What does Nancy Jaax do in Gene Johnson's lab?
6. Why is Nancy angry with her father?
7. Compare Peter Jahrling's and Gene Johnson's offices.
8. What irritates and concerns Peter Jahrling about the samples that Dan Dalgard sends him?
9. Describe the typical shapes of viruses and how Marburg compares to them.
10. What is unusual about the house where Nancy Jaax lives?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)