|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Milton Frantig's diagnosis?
(a) He has Ebola.
(b) He has Marburg.
(c) He has a human variant of simian hemorrhagic fever.
(d) He has the flu.
2. Who decons out with Rhonda?
(a) Jerry Jaax.
(b) Mark Haines.
(c) Charlotte Godwin.
(d) Gene Johnson.
3. Where does the group stop for beer and charcoal?
4. What is the name of the rapid Ebola test developed by the Army?
(a) Tango test.
(b) Ksiazek test.
(c) Elisa test.
(d) T-61 test.
5. What does Jerry tell Nancy about his day?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) It had gone well.
(c) It was lonely.
(d) No one had stuck themselves with a needle.
6. How many monkeys are still inside the monkey house?
(a) Five hundred.
(c) A thousand.
(d) One hundred.
7. What does Rhonda Williams not like about working on the "bleed table"?
(a) She can't stand the sight of blood.
(b) She doesn't like needles.
(c) She doesn't like working with Captain Haines.
(d) The monkeys' eyes are open.
8. Why is the road to Mt. Elgon so familiar to the author?
(a) He had traveled there a lot in his work.
(b) He saw many photographs of the area during his research.
(c) He lived in Africa for a time as a child.
(d) Gene Johnson had given him a vivid image of the area.
9. What is Robin MacDonald's profession?
(a) He is a medical doctor.
(b) He is a hunter and safari guide.
(c) He is an epidemiologist.
(d) He is a veterinarian.
10. How are the trunks of Gene Johnson's gear transported to Reston?
(a) In a yellow school bus.
(b) In an unmarked white van.
(c) In Gene's car.
(d) In an Army trunk.
11. Why does Milton Frantig apologize to Dalgard?
(a) For exposing others to the virus.
(b) For getting sick.
(c) For quitting his job.
(d) For going outside wearing a jumpsuit.
12. What is Joe McCormick's title?
(a) General Commander of USAMRIID.
(b) Head virologist of the CDC.
(c) Chief of the Special Pathogens branch of the CDC.
(d) President of Disease Research at the CDC.
13. How does Dalgard instruct his staff they should treat the blood and tissue samples?
(a) Without any special precautions.
(b) As if they were infected with bacteria.
(c) As if they were a deadly Level 4 hot virus.
(d) As if they were HIV.
14. Where does the CDC recommend that Frantig go to be treated?
(a) The Slammer.
(b) CDC headquarters.
(c) In the monkey house.
(d) A local hospital.
15. What paper is the newspaper article about the mission printed in?
(a) The Reston Connection.
(b) USA Today.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the second Reston outbreak, what does the CDC do?
2. Who is Nancy's buddy in the Level 4 lab?
3. What illness do the symptoms of the monkeys remind Jerry of?
4. What is another name for the biocontainment pod?
5. What does the monkey's intestine look like?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)