|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dalgard is worried that whom may have been exposed to the hot agent in the monkey house?
(a) Employees from the laundry service.
(b) Workers on the air handling system.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) A telephone repairman.
2. Where has the gear and equipment used for the Reston mission been used before?
(a) In Sudan.
(b) A monkey house in Pennsylvania.
(c) Kitum Cave.
(d) At the CDC.
3. What does C.J. Peters suggest Nancy do?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Stay home with her kids for a few days.
(c) Stay and continue working on the outbreak.
(d) Go to Kansas to be with her father.
4. Why does Nancy's brother call?
(a) To tell her not to wear a space suit any more.
(b) To tell her that her father is dying.
(c) To tell her that he is moving to Reston.
(d) To ask for money.
5. Where does C.J. Peters believe that Frantig should be taken for treatment?
(a) In the monkey house.
(b) CDC headquarters.
(c) A local hospital.
(d) The Slammer.
6. Where does the group stop for beer and charcoal?
7. What reason does Preston give for visiting Kitum Cave?
(a) He wants to take samples of guano.
(b) He wants to take samples of the crystals.
(c) He wants to interview the locals.
(d) He wants to look around.
8. What room does Dalgard give the Army permission to enter and euthanize the monkeys?
(a) Room A.
(b) Room Z.
(c) Room F.
(d) Room H.
9. What does McCormick observe in the Ebola victims in the Zande village?
(c) Red eyes.
(d) All answers are correct.
10. Why is the road to Mt. Elgon so familiar to the author?
(a) He had traveled there a lot in his work.
(b) He lived in Africa for a time as a child.
(c) He saw many photographs of the area during his research.
(d) Gene Johnson had given him a vivid image of the area.
11. During the second Reston outbreak, what does the CDC do?
(a) Ban people from traveling to areas with Ebola outbreaks.
(b) Require all monkey workers to get tested for Ebola.
(c) Close all labs using monkeys for research.
(d) Effectively stop most monkey importation into the U.S. for several months.
12. How many other people are traveling with Preston?
13. Who is the commander of the United States Army Medical Research and Development Command?
(a) Philip K. Russell.
(b) Jerry Jaax.
(c) David Huxsoll.
(d) C.J. Peters.
14. What is bacillus subtilis niger?
(a) A bacteria that acts like bleach.
(b) A deadly bacteria with effects similar to Ebola.
(c) A bacteria that emits noxious fumes.
(d) A harmless, but tough to kill bacteria.
15. What do the frying pans release into the air?
(a) An experimental vaccine.
(b) Bacillus subtilis niger.
(d) Formaldehyde gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Preston bring with him to help disinfect anything he might contaminate?
2. What happens in the monkey house a month after the building was deconned?
3. What is the fatality rate of Ebola Reston among the monkeys?
4. How many workers are employed in the building during the mission?
5. What does Frantig's condition make Dalgard decide to do?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)