|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Nancy Jaax's collaborator in her experiments to see if Ebola was airborne?
(a) Peter Jahrling.
(b) Gene Johnson.
(c) Philip K. Russell.
(d) C.J. Peters.
2. What reason does Preston give for visiting Kitum Cave?
(a) He wants to take samples of guano.
(b) He wants to look around.
(c) He wants to interview the locals.
(d) He wants to take samples of the crystals.
3. In Rhonda's dream, what is the monkey holding in its hand?
(a) A monkey biscuit.
(b) A face mask.
(c) A vial of Ebola.
(d) A syringe.
4. Finish this sentence:
At the end of the decon process, the monkey house was the only place on earth where: ___________________________.
(a) Ebola could infect humans.
(b) Nothing at all lived.
(c) Ebola had mutated to only be infectious to animals.
(d) Bacillus subtilis niger lived.
5. What must all of the animal caretakers at the monkey house now wear?
(a) Chemturion suits.
(b) Surgical scrubs.
(c) Racal suits.
6. What is Joe McCormick's title?
(a) President of Disease Research at the CDC.
(b) Head virologist of the CDC.
(c) Chief of the Special Pathogens branch of the CDC.
(d) General Commander of USAMRIID.
7. Who is Nancy's buddy in the Level 4 lab?
(a) C.J. Peters
(b) Jerry Jaax.
(c) Peter Jahrling.
(d) Ron Trotter.
8. What is Milton Frantig's diagnosis?
(a) He has Marburg.
(b) He has a human variant of simian hemorrhagic fever.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He has Ebola.
9. Why is the road to Mt. Elgon so familiar to the author?
(a) He had traveled there a lot in his work.
(b) Gene Johnson had given him a vivid image of the area.
(c) He lived in Africa for a time as a child.
(d) He saw many photographs of the area during his research.
10. What infectious virus has Peters studied in Bolivia?
11. What does MacDonald say is missing in the forests of Mount Elgon?
(d) Armed guards.
12. What is an "askari"?
(a) A local health official.
(b) A safari guide.
(c) An armed guard.
(d) A priest.
13. How long does it take for the frying pan treatment to decon the building?
(a) Three days.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) One month,
(d) One week.
14. What do all four monkey caretakers in the monkey house have in common?
(a) All eventually contract another fatal virus.
(b) All show symptoms of having Ebola.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) All eventually test positive for Ebola Reston.
15. When would the reconnaissance mission begin?
(b) 1030 hours.
(d) 0500 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many monkeys are still inside the monkey house?
2. What paper is the newspaper article about the mission printed in?
3. Who does C.J. Peters run into in front of the monkey house?
4. What does McCormick observe in the Ebola victims in the Zande village?
5. How has the area around Mt. Elgon changed since McDonald was a boy?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)