|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nancy and Jerry Jaax get promotions, where do they both end up working?
(a) At USAMRIID.
(b) At the Institute for Chemical Defense.
(c) At the WHO.
(d) At the CDC.
2. Why are the villagers of Kasensero famous?
(a) Everyone is immune to Marburg virus.
(b) They have found a cure for Ebola.
(c) They are known as smugglers.
(d) They have many doctors there.
3. Where did the initial outbreak of Ebola Zaire begin?
(c) Bumba Zone.
4. How many children does Nancy Jaax have?
5. What does Tom Geisbert think has infected his cells after looking at them through the electron microscope?
(a) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
6. Who is the first person Dalgard calls after talking to Peter Jahrling?
(a) Nancy Jaax.
(b) C.J. Peters.
(c) Bill Volt.
(d) Tom Geisbert.
7. What is a "hatbox"?
(a) A biohazard container.
(b) Where the space suits are kept.
(c) A decontamination room.
(d) A place to store tape and bandages.
8. What is listed as Charles Monet's official cause of death?
(a) Fulminating liver failure.
(b) Ebola virus.
(d) Catastrophic heart failure.
9. What did the staff do at the hospital in Maridi that ended the outbreak of Ebola Sudan?
(a) They got vaccinated.
(b) They all ran off into the bush.
(c) They moved to Zaire.
(d) They consulted local tribal doctors.
10. What are red eyes often a sign of?
11. What is the fatality rate of Marburg virus?
(a) Twenty five percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) One percent.
(d) Ninety percent.
12. What do the initials USAMRIID stand for?
(a) United States of America Reconnaissance and Investigation of Infection and Disease.
(b) United States Army Major Research and Investigation Division.
(c) United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases.
(d) United States of America Medical Research and Investigative Department.
13. What major metropolitan area is Reston, VA closest to?
(a) Raleigh, NC.
(b) Richmond, VA.
(c) Baltimore, MD.
(d) Washington, DC.
14. What do people who have been confined to the Slammer receive when they get out?
(a) A medal.
(b) A cake.
(c) A sample of their own blood.
(d) A certificate of good health.
15. Where is Charles Monet originally from?
(a) South Africa.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Nancy work in Level 3?
2. Where are the Sese Islands?
3. What does it mean to put a sample "in the beam"?
4. Who cultures the sample from Monkey 053?
5. Where are the latest monkeys to die being kept?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)