|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 1 Highway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Dan Dalgard think the dead monkeys contracted?
(c) Simian hemorrhagic fever.
2. What is Ebola virus named for?
(a) Dr. Ebola, the person who first isolated it.
(b) The Ebola Institute, where it was identified.
(c) The Ebola River.
(d) John Ebola, the index case.
3. What major metropolitan area is Reston, VA closest to?
(a) Baltimore, MD.
(b) Raleigh, NC.
(c) Richmond, VA.
(d) Washington, DC.
4. What do USAMRIID scientists eventually conclude about Ebola?
(a) It can spread through the air.
(b) It will never infect humans again.
(c) It has mutated to only infect humans.
(d) It cannot spread through the air.
5. About how many cells does each slice of the sample Tom Geisbert makes with the diamond knife contain?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) About two.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel C.J. Peters' official title at USAMRIID?
2. Who does Dalgard not invite into the monkey house to survey the scene?
3. What is located behind the monkey house?
4. How many biocontainment levels are in USAMRIID?
5. What is the first symptom after being exposed to a filovirus?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)