|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5 Medusa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. David Silverstein live?
(a) Reston, Virginia.
(c) Marburg, Germany.
2. What is the fatality rate of Marburg virus?
(a) Ninety percent.
(b) Twenty five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) One percent.
3. What is Tom Geisbert's job at the Institute?
(b) Director of Veterinary Pathology.
(c) Security guard.
(d) Electron microscope operator.
4. What are red eyes often a sign of?
5. How big is a typical virus flask?
(a) The size of a large bowl.
(b) The size of a person's thumb.
(c) The size of a fingernail.
(d) The size of a person's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "inclusion bodies"?
2. What is the "first line of defense" against a hot agent?
3. What does the word "filovirus" mean in Latin?
4. Why do elephants travel into Kitum Cave?
5. What is Ebola virus named for?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)