|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 15, how does Jerry feel about Frost's death?
(a) He has reached a peace about it.
(b) He seems to have forgotten about it.
(c) He realizes it's for the best.
(d) He is still upset about it.
2. What does Ricardo say will happen if he tells his story to Jerry?
(a) Ricardo will have to kill him.
(b) It won't help the investigation anyway.
(c) Ricardo will lie.
(d) He will never believe it.
3. Who does Jerry interview as a reporter in Battambang?
(a) A musician.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A governor.
(d) A writer.
4. What drugs does Ricardo have that interest Smiley's investigation?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what do Martello and his people monitor to help find Drake Ko?
(a) The Hong Kong border.
(b) The bank account.
(c) Police reports.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smiley do when he learns Jerry did not return to England?
2. Why doesn't Jerry hurt Smiley when he attacks him at Elizabeth's apartment?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 17, how did Smiley's men lose track of Drake Ko for a short period of time?
4. What does Mr. Hibbert say he used to run in China?
5. How does Smiley believe Drake Ko will bring Nelson to Hong Kong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry tell Drake Ko when he lands on the island?
2. How does Jerry use a bookstore to try to find Charlie?
3. What happens to Smiley and his team at the end of this novel?
4. What does Smiley do when Jerry reports Collins as watching Elizabeth's apartment?
5. Why does Jerry believe Nelson will land on the island of Po Toi?
6. Why does Jerry follow Elizabeth in Part 2, Chapter 19?
7. What agreement does Smiley reach with the American agents?
8. What does Ricardo do the Jerry at the end of their meeting?
9. How does Jerry figure out who Ricardo is?
10. How does Jerry help Luke when Luke gets kicked out of his apartment?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)