|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Craw feel when he sees High Haven up close for the first time?
2. Why is the Moscow money laundering operation case Connie discovers closed?
(a) It is old.
(b) It is outside of their jurisdiction.
(c) It is lacking evidence.
(d) It is prejudicial.
3. What does Frost do while Jerry takes pictures at the Hong Kong bank?
(a) He shakes his head.
(b) He tells him to hurry up.
(c) He closes his eyes.
(d) He waits outside.
4. What type of business is Indocharter?
(a) They build office buildings.
(b) They charter planes.
(c) They are an investment firm.
(d) They are a temp agency.
5. What nationality is Craw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Luke?
2. How do the people of Tuscany feel about Jerry and "the orphan"?
3. Whose job did George Smiley take over?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 10, how does Peter describe Elizabeth's relationship with her mother?
5. Who does Smiley think he sees in his wife's house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Smiley visits the Worthingtons in Part 1, Chapter 10, what does he read in their letters?
2. What does Jerry do after receiving his telegram in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. How do Jerry's pictures of the bank account help Smiley's investigation?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 6, why does Jerry visit Craw?
5. What happens after Jerry's father dies?
6. Why does Jerry befriend Frost?
7. What does Smiley learn about Drake Ko from "Who's Who"?
8. How does Craw feel about Phoebe's spy work?
9. What is Jerry's relationship with Smiley?
10. Why do the journalists visit High Haven in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)