|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people call Jerry the "Honourable Schoolboy"?
(a) Because he supports the education system.
(b) Because he looks younger than he is.
(c) Because he always tells the truth.
(d) Because of the books he carries.
2. Whose job did George Smiley take over?
(a) Karla Vientiane.
(b) Bill Haydon.
(c) Connie Sachs.
(d) Yunnan Province.
3. When does Jerry first meet Frost?
(a) The day before Jerry goes to the bank.
(b) A few weeks before Jerry went to Hong Kong.
(c) The day after Jerry goes to the bank.
(d) The day Jerry goes to the bank.
4. Why can't Smiley tell Lacon about the Hong Kong Bank pictures?
(a) His secretary sends him away.
(b) Lacon sends him away.
(c) He doesn't have enough proof yet.
(d) It's too late to go to his office.
5. Who rejects the Canadian journalist's article about High Haven?
(a) A university press.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A radio show.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the telegram Jerry gets in Part 2, Chapter 2, who is dying?
2. What does Craw do when he first visits High Haven?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, to what does Smiley devote his time at work?
4. Who does Smiley pretend to be when he meets with Peter Worthington in Part 1, Chapter 10?
5. What type of business is Indocharter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Phoebe share about Liese Worth with Craw?
2. Why is Smiley interested in the Russian money laundering case?
3. What does Smiley do when he moves into his new office in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What does Jerry learn about Drake Ko from visiting the race track?
5. When Smiley visits the Worthingtons in Part 1, Chapter 10, what does he read in their letters?
6. In Part 1, Chapter 6, why does Jerry visit Craw?
7. What does Smiley learn about the staff of Indocharter after he first investigates the company?
8. What is Jerry's relationship with Smiley?
9. Why do the journalists visit High Haven in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. What does Smiley do to check for spies in his office?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)