|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerry tell Charlie he wants to interview him?
(a) For an article on Hong Kong.
(b) For police information.
(c) For a novel.
(d) For an article on Ricardo.
2. What does di Salis learn Nelson has recently helped to build in China?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A helicopter
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
3. Who does Charlie say helped him get the job at Indocharter?
(a) Elizabeth's parents.
(c) His father.
4. What is the name of the island where Jerry waits for Nelson and Drake Ko?
(a) To Poi.
(b) Po Toi.
(c) Bo Moi.
(d) Ko Boi.
5. Why does Nelson join the anti-English movement?
(a) He was forced.
(b) It was popular.
(c) He felt oppressed.
(d) It was a paying job.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 15, what does Jerry ask the female reporter about?
7. What does Smiley decide to do to Ko at the end of Part 1, Chapter 12?
(a) Arrest his friends.
(b) Drop hints for him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Arrest him.
8. Why does Elizabeth tell Jerry about Charlie?
(a) Because he knows more about spying.
(b) Because she wants to misdirect Jerry's work.
(c) Because he might know where Ricardo is.
(d) Because she wants to make Jerry jealous.
9. What does Connie learn Drake did to Nelson after the war?
(a) Made him live with other relatives.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Gave him money.
(d) Sent him to school.
10. Where does Ricardo say Tiu told him to fly with a pack of opium?
(c) Hong Kong.
11. How does Jerry get Elizabeth to take him to her apartment in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(a) He holds a gun to her.
(b) He promises her safety.
(c) She invites him.
(d) He buys her drinks.
12. How does Di Salis feel about Mr. Hibbert's stories?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is annoyed.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is entertained.
13. While at Elizabeth's apartment in Part 2, Chapter 19, who does Jerry ask her about?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Drake Ko.
14. What does Tiu say will happen to Ricardo if he completes the opium mission?
(a) He will be richly rewarded.
(b) He will be promoted.
(c) He will be a hero.
(d) He will be Tiu's personal assistant.
15. Who does Collins say was with Elizabeth Worthington when he met her in Vientiane?
(a) Drug dealers.
(b) Body guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jerry take Elizabeth before dinner in Part 2, Chapter 13?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 17, how did Smiley's men lose track of Drake Ko for a short period of time?
3. What does Jerry say Elizabeth sold him in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. When Jerry and Elizabeth go to Hong Kong to find Nelson, what does Elizabeth show Jerry?
5. Why does Jerry make a report at the military base after meeting with Ricardo?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)