|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerry begin to avoid customs in Part 2, Chapter 18?
(a) He doesn't want to be traced.
(b) They steal money from him.
(c) They know he is a spy.
(d) He lost his passport.
2. Where are the scars on Elizabeth's face?
(a) Her cheeks.
(b) By her eye.
(c) Her chin.
(d) Her forehead.
3. What warning does Jerry give Drake Ko?
(a) That the Circus knows about Nelson.
(b) That Ricardo is still alive.
(c) That the FBI has joined the case.
(d) That Elizabeth is there.
4. Why does Elizabeth tell Jerry about Charlie?
(a) Because she wants to misdirect Jerry's work.
(b) Because she wants to make Jerry jealous.
(c) Because he might know where Ricardo is.
(d) Because he knows more about spying.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 17, how did Smiley's men lose track of Drake Ko for a short period of time?
(a) He got on a plane.
(b) He was on a boat.
(c) He crossed the Hong Kong border.
(d) He checked into a hotel.
6. Around Christmas, who does Smiley request information about Ricardo from?
(a) The Cousins.
(c) The Circus.
7. Why does Ricardo sell the opium a little at a time?
(a) That was Tiu's order.
(b) Because that's all people will buy.
(c) So he doesn't have to carry the large package.
(d) For spending money.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what do Martello and his people monitor to help find Drake Ko?
(a) Police reports.
(b) The bank account.
(c) The Hong Kong border.
(d) The weather.
9. Who does Guillam give the contract between Smiley and the American agents to?
(a) The Cousins.
10. Where does Jerry travel when Smiley orders him to find Ricardo?
11. How does Elizabeth know Charlie Marshall?
(a) They are rivals.
(b) She worked with him.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) She lived with him.
12. How does Jerry imagine Elizabeth got her scars?
(a) From a childhood accident.
(b) From a robbery.
(c) From a bar fight.
(d) From one of her lovers.
13. Who does Enderby appear to form an alliance with in Part 2, Chapter 18?
(a) Drake Ko.
(b) The Americans.
14. After meeting with Mr. Hibbert, what does di Salis research?
(a) Mr. Hibbert's real name.
(b) Nelson's real name.
(c) Liese's real name.
(d) Drake's real name.
15. Why does Smiley believe Drake Ko was going to smuggle Nelson out of China?
(a) Because Drake Ko had a bank account in Hong Kong.
(b) Because Nelson lost all his power in China.
(c) Because Nelson wrote a letter about it.
(d) Because Drake Ko built a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jerry get Elizabeth to take him to her apartment in Part 2, Chapter 19?
2. Why does Jerry try to attack Smiley when he shows up at Elizabeth's apartment?
3. Who is shot by the Cousins' helicopter?
4. Who does Jerry interview as a reporter in Battambang?
5. When Jerry and Elizabeth go to Hong Kong to find Nelson, what does Elizabeth show Jerry?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)