|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people call Jerry the "Honourable Schoolboy"?
(a) Because of the books he carries.
(b) Because he always tells the truth.
(c) Because he looks younger than he is.
(d) Because he supports the education system.
2. What role does Sally Cale play in the relationship between Drake Ko and Liese Worth?
(a) She helps them hide from the law.
(b) She introduced them.
(c) She sells drugs to them.
(d) She pays them.
3. Where does Jerry stay while he is in Hong Kong?
(a) A flat.
(b) A cottage.
(c) High Haven.
(d) A boathouse.
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 4, where does Smiley want to send an agent?
(c) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
5. What happens before the Moscow money laundering operation case is closed?
(a) A meeting of spies happens.
(b) A press conference is held.
(c) A formal request to investigate is sent.
(d) An interrogation is given.
6. What is Jerry Westerby working on writing in Tuscany?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A series of short stories.
(c) A novel.
(d) A magazine mini-series.
7. Who does Phoebe know Liese Worth used to live with in Vientiane?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A spy.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A politician.
8. Who sends Jerry to report on Hong Kong?
(b) He decides to go there himself.
(c) His editor.
9. What is Jerry nervous about as he walks to the Hong Kong bank?
(a) Being followed.
(b) Being captured.
(c) Being lost.
(d) Being robbed.
10. Who rejects the Canadian journalist's article about High Haven?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A university press.
(d) A radio show.
11. Why is Jerry nervous about going to Hong Kong?
(a) He is supposed to be somewhere else.
(b) He doesn't speak the language.
(c) He doesn't know anything about the assignment.
(d) He doesn't have any money.
12. In Part 1, Chapter 9, why must Phoebe Wayfarer be convinced she is safe?
(a) She is afraid of losing her job.
(b) She is afraid of enemy attacks.
(c) She is afraid of heights.
(d) She is afraid of being caught.
13. What does Smiley have Molly hide when she retrieves paper work for him in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(b) Phone numbers.
(d) Bank account numbers.
14. After leaving the Hong Kong bank, how does Jerry feel about Frost?
(a) He doesn't care about Frost.
(b) He feels bad for him.
(c) He thinks they will be great friends.
(d) He is angry at him.
15. What does Smiley do with the agents in Hong Kong?
(a) Offers them early retirement.
(b) Pulls them in.
(c) Gives them new jobs.
(d) Fires them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What account does Drake Ko have at the Hong Kong bank?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 9, how is Phoebe Wayfarer's spy work described?
3. According to the telegram Jerry gets in Part 2, Chapter 2, who is dying?
4. When does Jerry first meet Frost?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Smiley do with some of the retired agents?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)