|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Luke unable to write an article about High Haven after he visits it for the first time?
(a) His editor won't let him.
(b) He isn't sure what is important.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He has writer's block.
2. When Craw and Phoebe go out to dinner in Part 1, Chapter 9, what does Phoebe mostly talk about?
(a) The spying she wants to do.
(b) The people she writes about.
(c) The newspaper she works for.
(d) The spying she used to do.
3. Why do people call Jerry the "Honourable Schoolboy"?
(a) Because of the books he carries.
(b) Because he always tells the truth.
(c) Because he supports the education system.
(d) Because he looks younger than he is.
4. What does Craw do when he first visits High Haven?
(a) Yells through the door.
(b) Climbs the gate.
(c) Throws rocks at the windows.
(d) Breaks the intercom.
5. What does Jerry tell Craw about after he meets Drake Ko for the first time?
(a) What Ko spent on lunch.
(b) How Ko shook his hand.
(c) The woman in Ko's car.
(d) The way Ko spends his money.
6. Who does Jerry spend the weekend with in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) His brother.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
7. What type of journalist is Phoebe Wayfarer?
(a) A gossip reporter.
(b) A human interest reporter.
(c) A sports columnist.
(d) An advice columnist.
8. What does Jerry do when he walks to the bank in Hong Kong?
(a) Goes very quickly.
(b) Makes a lot of turns.
(c) Avoids stepping on cracks.
(d) Turns around a few times.
9. Who does Drake Ko name his boat after?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
10. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what do some people want to warn the Governor of Hong Kong about?
(a) Natural disasters.
(b) Financial disasters.
(c) British spies.
(d) Russian spies.
11. Why does Liese Worth have a false name?
(a) To mislead the police.
(b) To protect her from her parents.
(c) To protect her from a group of criminals.
(d) To confuse the press.
12. In Part 1, Chapter 3, to what does Smiley devote his time at work?
(a) Making long phone calls.
(b) Finding spies.
(c) Interviewing new staff.
(d) Filing reports.
13. Who does Smiley pretend to be when he meets with Peter Worthington in Part 1, Chapter 10?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) Someone from the CIA.
(c) A social worker.
(d) Someone from the Foreign Office.
14. How many children do Peter and Elizabeth have?
15. How does Craw feel when he sees High Haven up close for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jerry first meet Frost?
2. Who is Phoebe Wayfarer a spy for?
3. What happens before the Moscow money laundering operation case is closed?
4. Who names the British Secret Service the "Circus"?
5. What does Jerry learn about how Drake Ko traveled to Hong Kong?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)