|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the telegram Jerry gets in Part 2, Chapter 2, who is dying?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His guardian.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
2. What role does Sally Cale play in the relationship between Drake Ko and Liese Worth?
(a) She sells drugs to them.
(b) She pays them.
(c) She helps them hide from the law.
(d) She introduced them.
3. Who names the British Secret Service the "Circus"?
(b) The dwarf.
(c) An American newspaper.
4. Who does Smiley pretend to be when he meets with Peter Worthington in Part 1, Chapter 10?
(a) Someone from the Foreign Office.
(b) A social worker.
(c) Someone from the CIA.
(d) An FBI agent.
5. Where does Craw retire?
(b) Hong Kong.
6. What does Jerry do when he walks to the bank in Hong Kong?
(a) Avoids stepping on cracks.
(b) Makes a lot of turns.
(c) Turns around a few times.
(d) Goes very quickly.
7. What nationality is Connie Sachs?
8. What does Fawn do besides act as a bodyguard?
(a) He is an assassin.
(b) He is a lecturer.
(c) He is a chief of police.
(d) He is a top spy.
9. How does Phoebe describe Liese Worth's effect on Drake Ko?
(a) She helps him invest money.
(b) She upsets him.
(c) She calms him.
(d) She inspires him.
10. What does Smiley remember asking Karla the time he met her face to face?
(a) If she would work for the British.
(b) If she was lost.
(c) If she would turn herself in.
(d) If she would go out with him.
11. Why does Jerry take a job with a newspaper in London?
(a) He is left without money.
(b) He wants to travel.
(c) He is doing the editor a favor.
(d) He finally earned his degree.
12. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 4, where does Smiley want to send an agent?
(b) New York.
(c) Hong Kong.
13. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what resources will Smiley use to run his investigation in Hong Kong?
(a) The Cousins' resources.
(b) The Circus' resources.
(c) The Foreign Office's resources.
(d) The Interal Affairs Office's resources.
14. Where is the office that Martello heads?
(a) Hong Kong.
(c) New York.
15. Why does Smiley know all about Sally Cale?
(a) She is a personal friend.
(b) She published her memoir.
(c) She is a celebrity.
(d) She was investigated years before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What huge photo does Smiley have in his office?
2. What does Frost do while Jerry takes pictures at the Hong Kong bank?
3. What does Craw do when he first visits High Haven?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Jerry call from the airport?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 10, how does Peter describe Elizabeth's relationship with her mother?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)