|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 4, where does Smiley want to send an agent?
(a) Hong Kong.
(b) New York.
2. Whose job did George Smiley take over?
(a) Bill Haydon.
(b) Karla Vientiane.
(c) Yunnan Province.
(d) Connie Sachs.
3. What does Luke's landlord tell him about High Haven?
(a) It is taking boarders.
(b) It was robbed.
(c) It is abandoned.
(d) It looks suspicious.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how are the reporters at the Hong Kong bar described?
(a) Burned out.
(c) Hard working.
5. What type of business is Indocharter?
(a) They are a temp agency.
(b) They build office buildings.
(c) They are an investment firm.
(d) They charter planes.
6. In Part 1, Chapter 10, how does Peter describe his relationship with Elizabeth?
(a) He says he is like her boss.
(b) He says he always disappoints her.
(c) He says he wants to leave her.
(d) He says he is her rock.
7. Who does Drake Ko name his boat after?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
8. What does Sam Collins confirm about a bank account when Smiley's team questions him?
(a) The checks were also made out to "cash".
(b) The bankers burned the records.
(c) The account was in Haydon's name.
(d) The deposits were probably from Russia.
9. What does Smiley do with his team that includes Connie Sachs in Part 1?
(a) Review retirement packages.
(b) Look over Circus files.
(c) Interview Hong Kong agents.
(d) Reorganize the Circus.
10. How is Tiu related to Drake Ko?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are business partners.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are members of the same church.
11. What happens before the Moscow money laundering operation case is closed?
(a) A press conference is held.
(b) An interrogation is given.
(c) A meeting of spies happens.
(d) A formal request to investigate is sent.
12. Why does Liese Worth have a false name?
(a) To protect her from a group of criminals.
(b) To confuse the press.
(c) To protect her from her parents.
(d) To mislead the police.
13. When does Jerry first meet Frost?
(a) A few weeks before Jerry went to Hong Kong.
(b) The day before Jerry goes to the bank.
(c) The day after Jerry goes to the bank.
(d) The day Jerry goes to the bank.
14. How many children do Peter and Elizabeth have?
15. How does Smiley feel about warning the Governor of Hong Kong in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) He says he doesn't care.
(b) He refuses to talk about it.
(c) He is against it.
(d) He is for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What account does Drake Ko have at the Hong Kong bank?
2. What does Jerry do when he walks to the bank in Hong Kong?
3. What does Craw do when he first visits High Haven?
4. What does Jerry tell Craw about after he meets Drake Ko for the first time?
5. Who must Smiley have permission from before sending agents out overseas?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)