|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Winding the Clock: Chapter 9, Craw's Little Ship, and Chapter 10, Tea and Sympathy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smiley do with his team that includes Connie Sachs in Part 1?
(a) Review retirement packages.
(b) Interview Hong Kong agents.
(c) Look over Circus files.
(d) Reorganize the Circus.
2. What does Sam Collins confirm about a bank account when Smiley's team questions him?
(a) The deposits were probably from Russia.
(b) The checks were also made out to "cash".
(c) The bankers burned the records.
(d) The account was in Haydon's name.
3. Who is known as "the dwarf"?
(a) Luke's assistant.
(b) The British spy.
(c) Luke's chief.
(d) The Russian spy.
4. Why does Jerry take a job with a newspaper in London?
(a) He wants to travel.
(b) He is doing the editor a favor.
(c) He finally earned his degree.
(d) He is left without money.
5. After meeting with Phoebe in Part 1, Chapter 9, what does The Rocker tell Craw about Liese Worth?
(a) That she is an antique dealer.
(b) That she is running for Governor.
(c) That there is no record of her.
(d) That she has a long police record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Smiley discover told the Americans to stay away from Ricardo?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, to what does Smiley devote his time at work?
3. What does Jerry tell Craw about after he meets Drake Ko for the first time?
4. Why is Luke unable to write an article about High Haven after he visits it for the first time?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what resources will Smiley use to run his investigation in Hong Kong?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)