|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Shaking the Tree: Chapter 17, Ricardo, and Chapter 18, The River Bend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Guillam give the contract between Smiley and the American agents to?
(a) The Cousins.
2. Who thinks Sam Collins is part of the American conspiracy?
3. What huge photo does Smiley have in his office?
(a) A picture of a woman.
(b) A picture of the Russian spy.
(c) A picture of his family.
(d) A picture of a dollar bill.
4. Why does Nelson join the anti-English movement?
(a) He felt oppressed.
(b) It was popular.
(c) He was forced.
(d) It was a paying job.
5. What does Jerry do when he walks to the bank in Hong Kong?
(a) Goes very quickly.
(b) Turns around a few times.
(c) Avoids stepping on cracks.
(d) Makes a lot of turns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the office that Martello heads?
2. What does Smiley have Molly hide when she retrieves paper work for him in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. How many children do Peter and Elizabeth have?
4. Where does Jerry travel when Smiley orders him to find Ricardo?
5. After having dinner with Elizabeth in Part 2, Chapter 13, who does Jerry see watching her apartment?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)