|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Shaking the Tree: Chapter 17, Ricardo, and Chapter 18, The River Bend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiu say will happen to Ricardo if he completes the opium mission?
(a) He will be Tiu's personal assistant.
(b) He will be promoted.
(c) He will be richly rewarded.
(d) He will be a hero.
2. After reading the "Who's Who" book, how does Jerry research Drake Ko?
(a) He looks up police reports.
(b) He uses old newspapers.
(c) He calls his relatives.
(d) He uses the internet.
3. What does Smiley do with his team that includes Connie Sachs in Part 1?
(a) Interview Hong Kong agents.
(b) Reorganize the Circus.
(c) Look over Circus files.
(d) Review retirement packages.
4. What happens to Smiley's investigation around Christmas?
(a) It slows down.
(b) It picks up pace.
(c) It gets side-tracked.
(d) It completely stops.
5. Who does Enderby appear to form an alliance with in Part 2, Chapter 18?
(a) Drake Ko.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Smiley's wife live?
2. What does the postmistress assume about Jerry's telegram in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. Why does Jerry begin to avoid customs in Part 2, Chapter 18?
4. Why does Smiley pretend to be investigating Elizabeth Worthington?
5. After leaving the Hong Kong bank, how does Jerry feel about Frost?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)