|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Shaking the Tree: Chapter 15, Siege Town, and Chapter 16, Friends of Charlie Marshall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the Battambang airport, why does Jerry learns that flights to Phnom Penh were canceled?
(a) Phnom Penh airport was attacked.
(b) There was a storm at Phnom Penh.
(c) Someone stole a plane from Phnom Penh.
(d) There is no reason given.
2. Why does Liese Worth have a false name?
(a) To protect her from a group of criminals.
(b) To mislead the police.
(c) To confuse the press.
(d) To protect her from her parents.
3. After leaving the Hong Kong bank, how does Jerry feel about Frost?
(a) He feels bad for him.
(b) He thinks they will be great friends.
(c) He doesn't care about Frost.
(d) He is angry at him.
4. Who is Phoebe Wayfarer a spy for?
5. Where does Jerry ride on the plane with Charlie?
(a) In the storage area.
(b) In the cockpit.
(c) In coach.
(d) In first class.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 10, how does Peter describe Elizabeth's relationship with her mother?
2. Why does Jerry need Frost's help at the Hong Kong bank?
3. Why does Jerry take a job with a newspaper in London?
4. Who does Smiley pretend to be when he meets with Peter Worthington in Part 1, Chapter 10?
5. What type of journalist is Phoebe Wayfarer?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)