Part 1, Winding the Clock: Chapter 1, How the Circus Left Town, and Chapter 2, The Great Call
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how are the reporters at the Hong Kong bar described?
(b) Burned out.
(d) Hard working.
2. What nationality is Luke?
3. Who is known as "the dwarf"?
(a) Luke's assistant.
(b) The Russian spy.
(c) The British spy.
(d) Luke's chief.
4. What nationality is Craw?
5. What does Luke's landlord tell him about High Haven?
(a) It looks suspicious.
(b) It is abandoned.
(c) It was robbed.
(d) It is taking boarders.
6. What does Craw do when he first visits High Haven?
(a) Breaks the intercom.
(b) Yells through the door.
(c) Throws rocks at the windows.
(d) Climbs the gate.
7. How does Craw feel when he sees High Haven up close for the first time?
8. Why is Luke unable to write an article about High Haven after he visits it for the first time?
(a) His editor won't let him.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He has writer's block.
(d) He isn't sure what is important.
This section contains 4,496 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)