Part 1, Winding the Clock: Chapter 1, How the Circus Left Town, and Chapter 2, The Great Call
• A group of reporters sits around a bar in Hong Kong talking about current events.
• One reporter mentions that a famous mansion, High Haven, has been abandoned.
• The reporters go to check out the mansion and discover that High Haven really has been abandoned.
• The reporters rush to write the first article about High Haven, but most are rejected.
• Craw's article is published and re-published, so he retires.
• Jerry is a journalist trying to write a novel in Tuscany.
• The Tuscan villagers love to gossip about Jerry.
• Jerry quickly returns to England when he hears his guardian is dying.
Part 1, Winding the Clock: Chapter 3, Mr. George Smiley's Horse, and Chapter 4, The Castle Wakes
• George Smiley takes over as head of the Circus, replacing Haydon.
• Smiley starts his new job by investigating and reorganizing...
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)