|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Apollo's birth described?
2. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
3. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
(a) The best.
(b) The original.
(c) The greatest.
(d) The incomparable.
4. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is terrified.
5. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
(a) Happiness and knowledge.
(b) Happiness and fortune.
(c) Good luck and wealth.
(d) Good luck and happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
2. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
3. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
4. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
5. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)