|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
2. What name is Herakles also known as?
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) At her brother's house.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At her sister's house.
(d) On a mountain.
4. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
(b) He is turned into a hawk.
(c) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(d) He is richly rewarded.
5. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a scupltor.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Hymns to the Dioscuri, who do Castor and Pollux protect?
2. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
3. Which of the following gifts does the poet celebrate in The Hymn to Delian Apollo?
4. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
5. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)