|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(b) The first hymn is shorter.
(c) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(d) The first hymn is longer.
2. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
5. What type of arts is Athena known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hades's nickname?
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
3. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
4. How many mythic stories are combined in The Hymn to Demeter?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)