|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her sacredness.
(b) Her strength.
(c) Her commitment.
(d) Her loyalty.
2. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
3. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
4. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(a) Dispenser of favors.
(c) Giver of good things.
5. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
(a) They are all long.
(b) They are all based on Homer's experiences.
(c) They are all brief.
(d) They are all preludes to other hymns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
2. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
3. How is Apollo's birth described?
4. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
5. What is unique about The Hymn to the Sun?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)