|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
2. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
3. What is Artemis's skill?
(b) Fighting wars.
4. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
5. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
(a) They are all long.
(b) They are all based on Homer's experiences.
(c) They are all brief.
(d) They are all preludes to other hymns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hades's nickname?
2. According to the poet, what type of sign is the monthly occurrence of a full moon?
3. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
4. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
5. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)