|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A star.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bright light.
2. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
3. What does the poet think causes the complications surrounding Apollo's birth?
(a) Hera's jealousy.
(b) A lack of approval of the birth by the gods.
(c) Hera's lies.
(d) A lack of help for Apollo's mother.
4. In The Hymn to Pythian Apollo, what does Apollo want to build as a home for his Oracle?
(a) A temple.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A cave.
(d) A mountain.
5. Which fruit's seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
2. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
3. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
4. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
5. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)