|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the rays of the sun.
(b) From the flames of a fire.
(c) From the center of a flower.
(d) From the foam of the sea.
2. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
(a) A star.
(b) A bird.
(c) A bright light.
(d) An old woman.
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(b) Her eminence and glory.
(c) Her mercifulness and glory.
(d) Her eminence and mercifulness.
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her loyalty.
(b) Her strength.
(c) Her commitment.
(d) Her sacredness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
2. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
3. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
4. In The Hymn to Pythian Apollo, what does Apollo want to build as a home for his Oracle?
5. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)