|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(b) Mount Athos.
(c) Mount Olympus.
2. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
(a) Enter battle.
(b) Retreat from battle.
(c) Write another poem.
(d) Write another song.
3. Which fruit's seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
4. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
5. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is equal.
(b) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(c) It is less powerful.
(d) It is more powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. What is Hades's nickname?
3. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
4. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)