|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Hymn to Delian Apollo, who is given credit for being Apollo's mother?
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) Mount Athos.
3. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine leaves.
(b) Vine and flower leaves.
(c) Plant and flower leaves.
(d) Plant leaves.
4. Which fruit's seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
5. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods and animals, but not men.
(b) Gods, men, and animals.
(c) Gods and men.
(d) Men and animals, but not gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
2. What meter are the hymns composed in?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
5. What is Artemis's skill?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)