|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the moon apparently have an affair with, creating a daughter in the process?
2. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
3. What is Hades's nickname?
(a) Ruler of the Unliving.
(b) Ruler of the Dead.
(c) Lord of the Dead.
(d) Lord of the Unliving.
4. How is Demeter's wandering described as she searches for her daughter?
5. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
(a) Two days after they meet.
(b) Three days after they meet.
(c) One week after they meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
2. What name is Herakles also known as?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
5. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)