|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
2. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
(a) Neither his wisdom nor his power.
(b) Only his power.
(c) Only his wisdom.
(d) His wisdom and power.
3. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
4. Based on the information provided in The Hymns to the Dioscuri, who do Castor and Pollux protect?
5. How is Demeter's wandering described as she searches for her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
2. What is another word that depicts the form of art that Athena is associated with?
3. What name is Herakles also known as?
4. How does The Hymn to Ares end?
5. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)