|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Hymns to the Dioscuri, who do Castor and Pollux protect?
2. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
3. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To introduce the second one.
(b) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(c) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(d) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
5. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
2. What is the length of the longest hymn?
3. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
4. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
5. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)