|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
2. Who is Demeter's daughter?
3. What characteristic does the hymn point out about Hephaistos?
(a) His persuasiveness.
(b) His persistence.
(c) His cautiousness.
(d) His cleverness.
4. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
(a) An island.
(b) The underworld.
(c) A mountain.
5. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect his identity.
(b) To protect him from Hera.
(c) To teach him various skills.
(d) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
2. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
3. Who does the poet praise in The Second Hymn to Demeter?
4. How is the island of Delos described in The Hymn to Delian Apollo?
5. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)