|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
(b) An island.
(c) A mountain.
(d) The underworld.
2. What does the poet think causes the complications surrounding Apollo's birth?
(a) Hera's lies.
(b) A lack of approval of the birth by the gods.
(c) Hera's jealousy.
(d) A lack of help for Apollo's mother.
3. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from the translator.
(b) With a note from Homer.
(c) With a description of Dionysus.
(d) With a song about Dionysus.
4. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
(a) Happiness and knowledge.
(b) Good luck and wealth.
(c) Good luck and happiness.
(d) Happiness and fortune.
5. What is Artemis's skill?
(c) Fighting wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
2. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
3. How is the island of Delos described in The Hymn to Delian Apollo?
4. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
5. How many hymns are there to Athena?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)