|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the moon apparently have an affair with, creating a daughter in the process?
2. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
3. Where does Herakles eventually live?
(c) Mount Olympus.
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is equal.
(c) It is more powerful.
(d) It is less powerful.
5. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear A.
(b) Linear D.
(c) Linear B.
(d) Linear C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet ask Ares for?
2. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
3. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
4. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
5. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)