|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
2. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
(a) With fear.
(b) With silence.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With laughter.
3. What is unique about The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) It is the last hymn that Homer is believed to have written.
(b) It is half the length of the longest hymn.
(c) It does not mention the sun at all.
(d) It does not mention the name of the god it refers to.
4. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
5. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods and men.
(b) Gods, men, and animals.
(c) Men and animals, but not gods.
(d) Gods and animals, but not men.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
2. Why do so many places in Greece refuse to allow Apollo's mother entrance?
3. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
4. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
5. As stated in the hymn, who does Ares lead?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)