|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
(a) A star.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bright light.
2. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
3. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
4. What does the poet think causes the complications surrounding Apollo's birth?
(a) A lack of approval of the birth by the gods.
(b) Hera's lies.
(c) Hera's jealousy.
(d) A lack of help for Apollo's mother.
5. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With silence.
(c) With laughter.
(d) With fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the poet give to the moon?
2. In The Hymn to the Moon, what analogy is made to the moon?
3. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
4. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)