|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(b) As a cheater, but not a helper.
(c) As a cheater and a helper.
(d) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
2. How is Hades first described in The Hymn to Demeter?
(a) He who receives so many.
(b) He who takes from the Earth.
(c) He who receives so few.
(d) He who takes what is not theirs.
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The eighth and fourth.
(b) The twelfth and seventh.
(c) The eighth and second.
(d) The twelfth and ninth.
5. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
Short Answer Questions
1. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
2. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
3. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
4. What does the poet think causes the complications surrounding Apollo's birth?
5. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)