|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of civilization.
(b) The mother of civilization.
(c) The guardian of us all.
(d) The mother of us all.
2. How is the island of Delos described in The Hymn to Delian Apollo?
(a) Rocky and empty.
(b) Rocky and abandoned.
(c) Rocky and barren.
(d) Rocky and desolated.
3. What is another word that depicts the form of art that Athena is associated with?
4. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
5. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
2. How many hymns are there to Athena?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
5. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)