|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Both by writing and verbally.
(d) By writing.
2. How many hymns are there to Athena?
3. What suffers as a result of Demeter's quest to find her daughter?
(a) Only the crops of Greece.
(b) The crops of the whole world.
(c) Only the crops of Rome and Greece.
4. In the hymn, how does the child's mother react to Demeter's attempt to make the child immortal?
(a) With fear.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With gratitude.
(d) With anger.
5. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His silence.
(b) His absence.
(c) His rudeness.
(d) His odd behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
2. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
3. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
5. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)