|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to The Hymn to Delian Apollo, who hates the island of Delos?
(a) No one.
(b) Most Greeks.
(c) All Greeks.
(d) Only a few Greeks.
2. Making it different than many of the other hymns, how does The Hymn to Ares begin?
(a) With a description of another god.
(b) With no mention of Ares's name.
(c) With the reference to another god.
(d) With a repetition of Ares's name.
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is more powerful.
(d) It is equal.
4. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A tiger.
5. Which of the following gifts does the poet celebrate in The Hymn to Delian Apollo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
4. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
5. How many times is Apollo rejected by reluctant land in The Hymn to Pythian Apollo?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)