|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose child does Demeter attempt to make immortal?
2. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
3. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
(a) Write another poem.
(b) Write another song.
(c) Retreat from battle.
(d) Enter battle.
4. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
5. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
2. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
3. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
4. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
5. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)