|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
2. Who is Demeter's daughter?
3. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
(a) The incomparable.
(b) The greatest.
(c) The original.
(d) The best.
4. Which one of the following is not included by the poet in the list of people that the Muses favor?
5. What is unique about The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) It does not mention the name of the god it refers to.
(b) It is the last hymn that Homer is believed to have written.
(c) It does not mention the sun at all.
(d) It is half the length of the longest hymn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the moon apparently have an affair with, creating a daughter in the process?
2. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
3. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
4. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
5. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)