|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) The holiness of the prisoner.
(b) The danger that the crew is in.
(c) That the boat was going off course.
(d) That the boat was sinking.
2. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
3. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Fifty eight lines.
(b) Twenty eight lines.
(c) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(d) Five hundred and eighty lines.
4. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect him from Hera.
(b) To teach him various skills.
(c) To protect his identity.
(d) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
5. Who is Demeter's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
2. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
4. Which fruit's seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
5. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)