|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet ask Ares for?
2. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
3. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
(a) The underworld.
(b) An island.
(d) A mountain.
4. What is Hades's nickname?
(a) Ruler of the Unliving.
(b) Lord of the Unliving.
(c) Lord of the Dead.
(d) Ruler of the Dead.
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
2. Who is Hera's husband?
3. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
4. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
5. Along with his feats of strength, which one of the following is also discussed in The Hymn to Herakles?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)