|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(c) Mount Athos.
(d) Mount Olympus.
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(b) Humans, animals, and nature.
(c) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(d) Humans and animals, but not nature.
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A secret mountain.
(c) A secret fortress.
(d) A secret island.
4. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
5. Which one of the following is not included by the poet in the list of people that the Muses favor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
2. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
3. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
4. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
5. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)