|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Demeter's daughter?
2. What does the poet ask Ares for?
3. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A shield.
(b) A lyre.
(c) A hat.
(d) A bowl.
4. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He spent most of his life alone.
(d) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
5. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret mountain.
(b) A secret cave.
(c) A secret island.
(d) A secret fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
2. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
3. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
4. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
5. How many mythic stories are combined in The Hymn to Demeter?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)