|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
(a) A great mythic figure.
(b) A great mythic hero.
(c) A great mythic fighter.
(d) A great mythic warrior.
2. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
3. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
(a) They are all brief.
(b) They are all preludes to other hymns.
(c) They are all based on Homer's experiences.
(d) They are all long.
4. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
5. What does the poet ask Ares for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Herakles also known as?
2. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
4. Who is Hera's husband?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)