|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet ask Ares for?
2. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
(a) Like servants.
(b) In poverty.
(d) Like animals.
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(b) Her voice.
(d) Her feet.
4. As stated in the hymn, who does Ares lead?
(a) Most loyal men.
(b) Most just men.
(c) All loyal men.
(d) All just men.
5. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
(a) The best.
(b) The incomparable.
(c) The greatest.
(d) The original.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
2. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
3. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
4. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
5. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)