|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
2. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The mother of civilization.
(b) The guardian of us all.
(c) The mother of us all.
(d) The guardian of civilization.
3. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(b) To introduce the second one.
(c) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(d) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
5. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
(a) Neither his wisdom nor his power.
(b) Only his power.
(c) His wisdom and power.
(d) Only his wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
2. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
3. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
4. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
5. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)