|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
(a) The power of the sea.
(b) The power of the winds.
(c) The power of sea creatures.
(d) The power of the sea plants.
2. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(b) He spent most of his life alone.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
3. What is Artemis's skill?
(b) Fighting wars.
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a song.
5. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
3. Whose child does Demeter attempt to make immortal?
4. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
5. Making it different than many of the other hymns, how does The Hymn to Ares begin?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)