|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
2. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear A.
(b) Linear D.
(c) Linear B.
(d) Linear C.
3. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(b) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(c) The first hymn is longer.
(d) The first hymn is shorter.
4. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
(a) Deformed, but not ugly.
(b) Neither ugly nor deformed.
(c) Ugly and deformed.
(d) Ugly, but not deformed.
5. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
(b) A mountain.
(c) The underworld.
(d) An island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
2. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
3. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
4. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
5. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)