|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is five years old.
(b) When he is eight years old.
(c) When he is one year old.
(d) When he is ten years old.
2. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
3. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(b) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(c) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
4. What is Artemis's skill?
(b) Fighting wars.
5. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
(a) They are all brief.
(b) They are all long.
(c) They are all based on Homer's experiences.
(d) They are all preludes to other hymns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
2. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
3. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
4. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
5. What name is Herakles also known as?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)