|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. How many mythic stories are combined in The Hymn to Demeter?
3. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a poet.
(c) He is a sheepherder.
(d) He is a cowherd.
4. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
(a) As a mortal girl.
(b) As a girl that Anchises knows.
(c) As another goddess.
(d) As a girl that Anchises once knew.
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a praise.
(d) With a question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
2. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
3. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
4. What characteristic does the hymn point out about Hephaistos?
5. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)