|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
2. Which fruit's seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
3. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
(a) It can lead to chaos.
(b) It can lead to destruction.
(c) It can lead to confusion.
(d) It can lead to tragedy.
4. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
(a) In caves.
(b) On boats.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In shacks.
5. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
3. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
4. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
5. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)