|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
(a) The power of the sea plants.
(b) The power of sea creatures.
(c) The power of the sea.
(d) The power of the winds.
2. As stated in the hymn, which King welcomes Demeter into his home?
3. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect his identity.
(b) To teach him various skills.
(c) To protect him from Hera.
(d) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
4. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(b) To introduce the second one.
(c) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(d) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
2. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
4. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
5. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)