|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Demeter's daughter?
2. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) Two weeks after he is born.
(b) Two days after he is born.
(c) The day after he is born.
(d) The week after he is born.
3. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
4. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) The uncertainty of life.
(b) Ignorance of the future.
(c) Ignorance of the past.
(d) The inevitable nature of old age.
5. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herakles eventually live?
2. What suffers as a result of Demeter's quest to find her daughter?
3. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
4. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
5. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)