|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
2. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
(a) Like animals.
(b) Like servants.
(c) In poverty.
3. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
4. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
5. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(c) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
2. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
3. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
4. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
5. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)