|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by Homer.
(b) A longer poem.
(c) Another book by a different author.
(d) A shorter poem.
2. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Fifty eight lines.
(b) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(c) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(d) Twenty eight lines.
3. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
4. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
(a) The power of the sea.
(b) The power of the winds.
(c) The power of the sea plants.
(d) The power of sea creatures.
5. What characteristic does the hymn point out about Hephaistos?
(a) His cautiousness.
(b) His cleverness.
(c) His persuasiveness.
(d) His persistence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
2. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
3. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
4. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
5. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)