|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To tell everyone about her visit.
(b) To begin preparing to raise their son.
(c) To remain silent about her visit.
(d) To find a woman to marry.
2. How is Hades first described in The Hymn to Demeter?
(a) He who receives so few.
(b) He who receives so many.
(c) He who takes from the Earth.
(d) He who takes what is not theirs.
3. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(d) He will be ignored.
4. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Twenty three.
(b) Forty three.
(c) Fifty three.
(d) Thirty three.
5. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(b) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(c) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
2. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
3. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
4. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)