|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
2. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is more powerful.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
3. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
4. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
5. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
(a) A lion.
(b) A horse.
(c) A goat.
(d) A zebra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Herakles also known as?
2. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
5. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)