|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
2. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(b) As a cheater, but not a helper.
(c) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(d) As a cheater and a helper.
3. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
4. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
2. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
3. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
4. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
5. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)