|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her eminence and mercifulness.
(b) Her mercifulness and glory.
(c) Her eminence and glory.
(d) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
2. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(b) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(c) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(d) Humans, animals, and nature.
4. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) That the boat was sinking.
(b) The holiness of the prisoner.
(c) That the boat was going off course.
(d) The danger that the crew is in.
5. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His absence.
(b) His silence.
(c) His rudeness.
(d) His odd behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
2. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
3. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
4. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)