|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
2. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her mercifulness and glory.
(b) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(c) Her eminence and glory.
(d) Her eminence and mercifulness.
3. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His silence.
(b) His absence.
(c) His odd behavior.
(d) His rudeness.
4. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her sacredness.
(b) Her commitment.
(c) Her loyalty.
(d) Her strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
2. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
3. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
4. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)