|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A herd of cattle.
(c) A group of oxen.
(d) A group of horses.
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
3. What name is Herakles also known as?
4. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He spent most of his life alone.
(b) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
5. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His rudeness.
(b) His silence.
(c) His absence.
(d) His odd behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
2. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
5. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)