|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
2. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
3. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Girl-crazy lion.
(b) Wild, noisy lion.
(c) Girl-crazy goat.
(d) Wild, noisy goat.
4. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
5. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret island.
(b) A secret mountain.
(c) A secret fortress.
(d) A secret cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
3. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
5. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)