|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
2. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His absence.
(b) His odd behavior.
(c) His silence.
(d) His rudeness.
3. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) That the boat was sinking.
(b) The holiness of the prisoner.
(c) The danger that the crew is in.
(d) That the boat was going off course.
4. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(a) Works and Days.
(b) The Odyssey.
5. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
2. Who is Hera's husband?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
4. What does the poet ask Ares for?
5. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)