|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Twenty three.
(b) Forty three.
(c) Thirty three.
(d) Fifty three.
2. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
3. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
4. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(b) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
(c) He is turned into a hawk.
(d) He is richly rewarded.
5. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
Short Answer Questions
1. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
2. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
3. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
4. What is Artemis's skill?
5. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)