|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hera's husband?
2. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is richly rewarded.
(b) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
(c) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(d) He is turned into a hawk.
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a question.
4. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
5. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
(a) Write another song.
(b) Retreat from battle.
(c) Enter battle.
(d) Write another poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
2. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
4. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
5. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)