|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is longer.
(b) The first hymn is shorter.
(c) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(d) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
2. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The mother of us all.
(b) The guardian of us all.
(c) The mother of civilization.
(d) The guardian of civilization.
5. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
2. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
3. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
4. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)