|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine leaves.
(b) Vine and flower leaves.
(c) Plant leaves.
(d) Plant and flower leaves.
2. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
3. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(b) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(c) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
4. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) Two days after he is born.
(b) The day after he is born.
(c) The week after he is born.
(d) Two weeks after he is born.
5. What meter are the hymns composed in?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
2. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
3. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
4. As stated in the hymn, who does Ares lead?
5. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)