|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Health and fortune.
(c) Health and wealth.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
2. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A shield.
(b) A hat.
(c) A lyre.
(d) A bowl.
3. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(b) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(c) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
5. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
2. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
3. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
4. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
5. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)