|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
2. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(a) Works and Days.
(d) The Odyssey.
4. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
5. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) A longer poem.
(b) Another book by Homer.
(c) A shorter poem.
(d) Another book by a different author.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
2. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
3. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
4. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)