|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
(a) Write another song.
(b) Retreat from battle.
(c) Write another poem.
(d) Enter battle.
2. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
(a) A bow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A wand.
3. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
4. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
5. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
2. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
3. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
4. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
5. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)