|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her mercifulness and glory.
(b) Her eminence and mercifulness.
(c) Her eminence and glory.
(d) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
2. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect his identity.
(b) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(c) To protect him from Hera.
(d) To teach him various skills.
3. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(b) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(c) To introduce the second one.
(d) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
4. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
5. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A herd of cattle.
(c) A group of oxen.
(d) A group of horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
2. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. What is Artemis's skill?
5. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)