|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(a) Mount Athos.
(b) Mount Olympus.
2. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
(a) Write another poem.
(b) Write another song.
(c) Retreat from battle.
(d) Enter battle.
3. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Health and fortune.
(c) Fortune and wealth.
(d) Health and wealth.
4. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
(a) A relentless voice.
(b) A shrill voice.
(c) A chilling voice.
(d) A loud voice.
5. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(b) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(c) To destroy Dionysus.
(d) To release Dionysus on the next island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
2. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
3. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
4. Where does Herakles eventually live?
5. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)