|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with his feats of strength, which one of the following is also discussed in The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) His rivalries.
(b) His wandering.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His philosophy.
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
4. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The mother of civilization.
(b) The mother of us all.
(c) The guardian of civilization.
(d) The guardian of us all.
5. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) Excellence and fortune.
(b) Excellence and wealth.
(c) Fortune and wealth.
(d) Excellence, fortune, and wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
2. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
3. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
4. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
5. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)