|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
2. What does the poet ask Ares for?
3. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
4. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
5. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He spent most of his life alone.
(d) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
4. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
5. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)