|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
3. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
4. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
5. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) The inevitable nature of old age.
(b) Ignorance of the past.
(c) Ignorance of the future.
(d) The uncertainty of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
2. What meter are the hymns composed in?
3. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
4. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
5. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)