|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
(a) She scolds him.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She ignores him.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(a) Giver of good things.
(b) Dispenser of favors.
3. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
4. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear A.
(b) Linear C.
(c) Linear B.
(d) Linear D.
5. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
2. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
3. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
4. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)