|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a cheater and a helper.
(b) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(c) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(d) As a cheater, but not a helper.
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her feet.
4. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
5. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
2. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
3. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)