|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear C.
(b) Linear D.
(c) Linear A.
(d) Linear B.
4. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A herd of cattle.
(c) A group of horses.
(d) A group of oxen.
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
2. Who is Hera's husband?
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)