|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His absence.
(b) His silence.
(c) His odd behavior.
(d) His rudeness.
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her feet.
3. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(b) To protect his identity.
(c) To protect him from Hera.
(d) To teach him various skills.
4. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Fifty three.
(b) Forty three.
(c) Twenty three.
(d) Thirty three.
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a question.
(d) With a praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
2. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
3. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
5. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)