|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a praise.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a question.
2. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) The entire crew.
(b) No one.
(c) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(d) The entire crew except for the captain.
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is more powerful.
(b) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is less powerful.
4. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
5. What is Artemis's skill?
(d) Fighting wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
2. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
3. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)