|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(b) Giver of good things.
(c) Dispenser of favors.
2. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To destroy Dionysus.
(b) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(c) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(d) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a praise.
(c) With a question.
(d) With a song.
4. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her feet.
5. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
2. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
3. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
4. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
5. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)