|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
2. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret island.
(b) A secret mountain.
(c) A secret cave.
(d) A secret fortress.
3. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Wild, noisy goat.
(b) Girl-crazy goat.
(c) Girl-crazy lion.
(d) Wild, noisy lion.
4. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
5. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
2. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
3. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
4. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)