|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He spent most of his life alone.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
(d) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
4. What is Artemis's skill?
(b) Fighting wars.
5. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret island.
(b) A secret fortress.
(c) A secret mountain.
(d) A secret cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
2. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
3. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
4. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
5. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)