|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine and flower leaves.
(b) Vine leaves.
(c) Plant and flower leaves.
(d) Plant leaves.
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret fortress.
(b) A secret island.
(c) A secret cave.
(d) A secret mountain.
4. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
5. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
2. What is the length of the longest hymn?
3. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
4. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)