|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Thirty three.
(b) Fifty three.
(c) Forty three.
(d) Twenty three.
2. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
3. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
4. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is turned into a hawk.
(b) He is richly rewarded.
(c) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(d) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
5. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Wild, noisy lion.
(b) Wild, noisy goat.
(c) Girl-crazy goat.
(d) Girl-crazy lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
2. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
5. What is the length of the longest hymn?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)