|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
4. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His silence.
(b) His odd behavior.
(c) His rudeness.
(d) His absence.
5. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
(a) A horse.
(b) A wand.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A bow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
5. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)