|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
2. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(b) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(c) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(d) To introduce the second one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
2. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
3. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
4. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)