|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
2. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
3. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(b) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(c) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(d) To introduce the second one.
4. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
2. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
5. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)