|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(c) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
2. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect him from Hera.
(b) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(c) To protect his identity.
(d) To teach him various skills.
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a praise.
4. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Fifty three.
(b) Twenty three.
(c) Forty three.
(d) Thirty three.
5. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His odd behavior.
(b) His absence.
(c) His silence.
(d) His rudeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
3. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
4. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
5. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)