|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(b) Powerful and remorseless.
(c) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(d) Powerful, but not remorseless.
2. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(b) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(c) As a cheater and a helper.
(d) As a cheater, but not a helper.
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her voice.
4. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
2. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
3. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
4. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
5. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)