|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(a) Both by writing and verbally.
(b) By writing.
(d) It is unclear.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(c) Dispenser of favors.
(d) Giver of good things.
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(b) Her feet.
(d) Her voice.
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(b) Powerful and remorseless.
(c) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(d) Remorseless, but not powerful.
5. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
2. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
4. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
5. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)