|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(b) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(c) Twenty eight lines.
(d) Fifty eight lines.
2. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect his identity.
(b) To protect him from Hera.
(c) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(d) To teach him various skills.
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His silence.
(b) His absence.
(c) His rudeness.
(d) His odd behavior.
5. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Both by writing and verbally.
(d) By writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
2. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
3. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
5. Who is Hera's husband?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)