|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Twenty three.
(b) Forty three.
(c) Thirty three.
(d) Fifty three.
3. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health and fortune.
(b) Fortune and wealth.
(c) Health and wealth.
(d) Health, fortune, and wealth.
4. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A group of oxen.
(c) A group of horses.
(d) A herd of cattle.
5. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
2. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
3. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
4. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)