|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from the translator.
(b) With a description of Dionysus.
(c) With a note from Homer.
(d) With a song about Dionysus.
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
3. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
4. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
5. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)