|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Twenty three.
(b) Fifty three.
(c) Thirty three.
(d) Forty three.
3. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect him from Hera.
(b) To protect his identity.
(c) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(d) To teach him various skills.
4. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(a) Both by writing and verbally.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) By writing.
5. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
3. What is the length of the longest hymn?
4. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
5. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)