|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A tiger.
2. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
3. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) The uncertainty of life.
(b) The inevitable nature of old age.
(c) Ignorance of the future.
(d) Ignorance of the past.
4. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from Homer.
(b) With a note from the translator.
(c) With a song about Dionysus.
(d) With a description of Dionysus.
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
2. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
4. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
5. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)