|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(a) Works and Days.
(b) The Odyssey.
2. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
3. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(b) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(c) To introduce the second one.
(d) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
5. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) Another book by Homer.
(c) A longer poem.
(d) A shorter poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
3. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
4. Who is Hera's husband?
5. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)