|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine and flower leaves.
(b) Vine leaves.
(c) Plant leaves.
(d) Plant and flower leaves.
2. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(b) Twenty eight lines.
(c) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(d) Fifty eight lines.
3. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The twelfth and ninth.
(b) The twelfth and seventh.
(c) The eighth and second.
(d) The eighth and fourth.
4. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
5. What meter are the hymns composed in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
2. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)