|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
5. Who is Hera's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
2. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
5. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)