|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(b) To destroy Dionysus.
(c) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(d) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
2. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
3. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
(a) A bow.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A horse.
(d) A wand.
4. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) No one.
(b) The entire crew except for the captain.
(c) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(d) The entire crew.
5. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Twenty eight lines.
(b) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(c) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(d) Fifty eight lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
2. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
3. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
4. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
5. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)