|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(a) Dispenser of favors.
(b) Giver of good things.
2. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
3. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
4. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
5. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)