|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is longer.
(b) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(c) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(d) The first hymn is shorter.
2. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health and fortune.
(b) Health and wealth.
(c) Fortune and wealth.
(d) Health, fortune, and wealth.
3. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a question.
(d) With a praise.
5. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
2. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
3. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
4. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
5. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)