|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Powerful and remorseless.
(b) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(c) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(d) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
2. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful.
(b) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is more powerful.
4. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
5. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
2. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
3. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
4. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
5. What is the length of the longest hymn?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)