|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her feet.
(d) Her voice.
2. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is richly rewarded.
(b) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(c) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
(d) He is turned into a hawk.
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. What is Artemis's skill?
(d) Fighting wars.
5. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(b) By writing.
(c) Both by writing and verbally.
(d) It is unclear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
2. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
3. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
4. Who is Hera's husband?
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)