|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a prediction.
2. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) The holiness of the prisoner.
(b) That the boat was going off course.
(c) The danger that the crew is in.
(d) That the boat was sinking.
5. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a description of Dionysus.
(b) With a song about Dionysus.
(c) With a note from the translator.
(d) With a note from Homer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
2. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
4. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
5. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)