|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To destroy Dionysus.
(b) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(c) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(d) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
2. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is shorter.
(b) The first hymn is longer.
(c) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(d) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
3. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from the translator.
(b) With a song about Dionysus.
(c) With a description of Dionysus.
(d) With a note from Homer.
4. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
5. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) At her sister's house.
(b) At her brother's house.
(c) In the forest.
(d) On a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
2. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
5. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)