|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) A longer poem.
(c) Another book by Homer.
(d) A shorter poem.
2. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
3. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
4. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans, animals, and nature.
(b) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(c) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(d) Humans and nature, but not animals.
5. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
2. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
3. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
5. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)