|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(b) The first hymn is longer.
(c) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(d) The first hymn is shorter.
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) Works and Days.
4. What is Artemis's skill?
(c) Fighting wars.
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a praise.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
2. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
3. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
4. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
5. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)