|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
2. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) A shorter poem.
(c) A longer poem.
(d) Another book by Homer.
3. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear C.
(b) Linear A.
(c) Linear B.
(d) Linear D.
4. Who is Hera's husband?
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a question.
(b) With a prediction.
(c) With a praise.
(d) With a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
3. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
4. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
5. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)