|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two lines.
(b) Three lines.
(c) Two paragraphs.
(d) Three paragraphs.
2. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
3. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is more powerful.
(b) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is less powerful.
5. Who is Hera's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
2. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
3. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
4. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
5. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)