|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect him from Hera.
(b) To teach him various skills.
(c) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(d) To protect his identity.
2. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(b) The first hymn is longer.
(c) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(d) The first hymn is shorter.
3. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
4. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
5. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Fortune and wealth.
(b) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(c) Health and fortune.
(d) Health and wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
5. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)