|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Health and fortune.
(c) Fortune and wealth.
(d) Health and wealth.
2. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
3. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
4. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) Works and Days.
5. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(b) He is richly rewarded.
(c) He is turned into a hawk.
(d) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
2. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
5. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)