|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) At her sister's house.
(c) At her brother's house.
(d) In the forest.
3. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of civilization.
(b) The mother of civilization.
(c) The guardian of us all.
(d) The mother of us all.
4. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
5. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) A longer poem.
(b) A shorter poem.
(c) Another book by a different author.
(d) Another book by Homer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
3. What meter are the hymns composed in?
4. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
5. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)