|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Three lines.
(b) Three paragraphs.
(c) Two lines.
(d) Two paragraphs.
2. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a praise.
(d) With a prediction.
4. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Both by writing and verbally.
(d) By writing.
5. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Health and wealth.
(c) Health and fortune.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
2. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
3. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
4. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)