|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(a) The Odyssey.
(c) Works and Days.
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
4. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear D.
(b) Linear B.
(c) Linear A.
(d) Linear C.
5. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a description of Dionysus.
(b) With a note from Homer.
(c) With a song about Dionysus.
(d) With a note from the translator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
2. What is the length of the longest hymn?
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
4. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
5. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)