|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a praise.
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is more powerful.
(b) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(c) It is less powerful.
(d) It is equal.
4. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(d) He spent most of his life alone.
5. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(c) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
5. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)