|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(b) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(c) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
2. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from Homer.
(b) With a song about Dionysus.
(c) With a description of Dionysus.
(d) With a note from the translator.
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a prediction.
(c) With a praise.
(d) With a question.
4. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
5. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(c) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
2. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
4. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
5. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)