|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(b) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(c) Twenty eight lines.
(d) Fifty eight lines.
4. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(b) Works and Days.
(c) The Odyssey.
5. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) The uncertainty of life.
(b) Ignorance of the past.
(c) Ignorance of the future.
(d) The inevitable nature of old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
2. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
5. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)