|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hera's husband?
2. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
3. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The eighth and fourth.
(b) The twelfth and seventh.
(c) The eighth and second.
(d) The twelfth and ninth.
4. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(b) To introduce the second one.
(c) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(d) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
2. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
3. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)