|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is richly rewarded.
(b) He is turned into a hawk.
(c) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(d) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
3. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
4. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
5. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) The danger that the crew is in.
(b) The holiness of the prisoner.
(c) That the boat was going off course.
(d) That the boat was sinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
2. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)