|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is equal.
(b) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(c) It is more powerful.
(d) It is less powerful.
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her feet.
3. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To introduce the second one.
(b) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(c) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(d) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
4. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(b) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(c) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
5. Who is Hera's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. What meter are the hymns composed in?
3. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
4. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
5. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)