|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) At her brother's house.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At her sister's house.
(d) On a mountain.
2. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(b) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(c) The first hymn is longer.
(d) The first hymn is shorter.
3. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
4. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(b) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(c) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(d) To destroy Dionysus.
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her commitment.
(b) Her loyalty.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her sacredness.
Short Answer Questions
1. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
2. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
5. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)