|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A secret island.
(c) A secret fortress.
(d) A secret mountain.
2. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A lion.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bear.
3. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The twelfth and seventh.
(b) The eighth and second.
(c) The eighth and fourth.
(d) The twelfth and ninth.
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a praise.
(d) With a song.
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(b) To introduce the second one.
(c) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(d) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
3. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
4. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
5. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)