|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
2. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Girl-crazy goat.
(b) Girl-crazy lion.
(c) Wild, noisy lion.
(d) Wild, noisy goat.
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(b) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(c) Humans, animals, and nature.
(d) Animals and nature, but not humans.
4. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her feet.
(d) Her voice.
5. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Plant and flower leaves.
(b) Vine and flower leaves.
(c) Vine leaves.
(d) Plant leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
2. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
3. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
5. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)