|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) The entire crew.
(b) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(c) No one.
(d) The entire crew except for the captain.
2. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
3. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
4. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
5. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(b) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(c) Fifty eight lines.
(d) Twenty eight lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)