|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her mercifulness and glory.
(b) Her eminence and glory.
(c) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(d) Her eminence and mercifulness.
2. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(b) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(c) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(d) To destroy Dionysus.
3. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The twelfth and seventh.
(b) The eighth and fourth.
(c) The eighth and second.
(d) The twelfth and ninth.
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a question.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a praise.
5. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) No one.
(b) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(c) The entire crew.
(d) The entire crew except for the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
4. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
5. What is Artemis's skill?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)