|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(b) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(c) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(d) Humans, animals, and nature.
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(b) To protect his identity.
(c) To teach him various skills.
(d) To protect him from Hera.
5. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) The entire crew.
(b) The entire crew except for the captain.
(c) No one.
(d) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
2. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
3. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
4. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
5. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)