|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(c) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(d) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
3. What is Artemis's skill?
(d) Fighting wars.
4. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of civilization.
(b) The guardian of us all.
(c) The mother of us all.
(d) The mother of civilization.
5. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. What meter are the hymns composed in?
3. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
4. What is the length of the longest hymn?
5. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)