|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
(a) As a girl that Anchises knows.
(b) As a girl that Anchises once knew.
(c) As another goddess.
(d) As a mortal girl.
2. How is Zeus described by the poet in The Hymn to Zeus?
(a) The strongest of all.
(b) The most remembered of all.
(c) The most popular of all.
(d) The most famous of all.
3. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
(a) A great mythic figure.
(b) A great mythic warrior.
(c) A great mythic fighter.
(d) A great mythic hero.
4. What does the poet ask Ares for?
5. Where does Herakles eventually live?
(a) Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
2. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
3. According to the hymn, how does Demeter try to make a child immortal?
4. How is Demeter's wandering described as she searches for her daughter?
5. What is the length of the longest hymn?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)