|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
2. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He sings a song.
(d) He says a prayer.
3. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
4. In the poet's prayer at the conclusion of The Hymn to the Sun, what does he hope that his life will satisfy?
(a) His desire.
(b) His heart.
(c) His mind.
(d) His curiosity.
5. Who is Hera's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
2. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
3. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
4. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
5. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)