|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bear.
2. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
(d) He spent most of his life alone.
3. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
4. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two paragraphs.
(b) Two lines.
(c) Three lines.
(d) Three paragraphs.
5. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
2. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
3. What is Hades's nickname?
4. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
5. What type of arts is Athena known for?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)