|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assists the poet in the beginning of The Hymn to the Moon?
(a) The Harpies.
(b) The Nymphs.
(c) The Muses.
(d) The Sirens.
2. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
3. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is eight years old.
(b) When he is ten years old.
(c) When he is five years old.
(d) When he is one year old.
4. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
5. Making it different than many of the other hymns, how does The Hymn to Ares begin?
(a) With no mention of Ares's name.
(b) With a description of another god.
(c) With a repetition of Ares's name.
(d) With the reference to another god.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
2. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
4. Which manifestations of the sun are discussed in The Hymn to the Sun?
5. As described by the poet, what kind of wings do Castor and Pollux use to shoot across the sky?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)