|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
(a) A bird.
(b) A star.
(c) A bright light.
(d) An old woman.
2. Which fruit's seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret mountain.
(b) A secret fortress.
(c) A secret cave.
(d) A secret island.
4. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) A longer poem.
(c) Another book by Homer.
(d) A shorter poem.
5. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
2. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
5. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)