|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) The week after he is born.
(b) Two weeks after he is born.
(c) Two days after he is born.
(d) The day after he is born.
2. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her eminence and mercifulness.
(b) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(c) Her eminence and glory.
(d) Her mercifulness and glory.
3. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
4. Based on the information provided in The Hymns to the Dioscuri, who do Castor and Pollux protect?
5. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(d) He will be ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hera's husband?
2. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
3. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
4. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
5. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)