|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine and flower leaves.
(b) Vine leaves.
(c) Plant and flower leaves.
(d) Plant leaves.
3. Which one of the following is not something that Demeter is known for?
4. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her loyalty.
(b) Her sacredness.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her commitment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
2. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
3. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
4. As stated in the hymn, which King welcomes Demeter into his home?
5. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)