|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(a) He will be ignored.
2. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
(d) All of them.
3. What metaphor is made to the sun's journey in The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) A golden chariot.
(b) A ball of energy.
(c) A blazing fire.
(d) A speeding star.
4. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
(a) Deformed, but not ugly.
(b) Ugly, but not deformed.
(c) Ugly and deformed.
(d) Neither ugly nor deformed.
5. According to the poet, what type of sign is the monthly occurrence of a full moon?
(a) A sign for help.
(b) A troubling sign.
(c) A confirmation.
(d) An assurance.
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
2. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
3. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
4. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
5. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)