|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(b) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
3. Which one of the following is Athena known for?
4. As stated in the hymn, which King welcomes Demeter into his home?
5. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is equal.
(c) It is less powerful.
(d) It is more powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
2. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
3. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
4. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
5. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)