|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
(a) Happiness and fortune.
(b) Happiness and knowledge.
(c) Good luck and wealth.
(d) Good luck and happiness.
2. What name is Herakles also known as?
3. Who is Athena's father?
4. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
5. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A herd of cattle.
(b) A group of oxen.
(c) A group of horses.
(d) A herd of sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
2. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
3. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
4. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
5. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)