|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
2. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
(a) A wand.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bow.
(d) A pair of shoes.
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) Works and Days.
4. Who is Demeter's daughter?
5. How is Zeus described by the poet in The Hymn to Zeus?
(a) The most popular of all.
(b) The most famous of all.
(c) The strongest of all.
(d) The most remembered of all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
2. How is Hades first described in The Hymn to Demeter?
3. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
4. Who is Athena's father?
5. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)