|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meter are the hymns composed in?
2. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) A shorter poem.
(b) A longer poem.
(c) Another book by a different author.
(d) Another book by Homer.
3. What name does the poet give to the moon?
4. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret mountain.
(b) A secret island.
(c) A secret cave.
(d) A secret fortress.
5. What is another word that depicts the form of art that Athena is associated with?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
2. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
3. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
4. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
5. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)