|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
2. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
3. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a scupltor.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
4. Which one of the following is not something that Demeter is known for?
5. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
(a) Write another song.
(b) Enter battle.
(c) Write another poem.
(d) Retreat from battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
2. Who is Hera's husband?
3. Along with his feats of strength, which one of the following is also discussed in The Hymn to Herakles?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. Who is Athena's father?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)