|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods and men.
(b) Men and animals, but not gods.
(c) Gods and animals, but not men.
(d) Gods, men, and animals.
2. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
3. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
4. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
5. Along with his feats of strength, which one of the following is also discussed in The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) His rivalries.
(b) His wandering.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
2. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
3. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
4. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)