|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is angry.
2. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
3. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(b) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(c) As a cheater and a helper.
(d) As a cheater, but not a helper.
4. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
(a) Music, history, dance, and poetry.
(b) Music, and dance, but not poetry or history.
(c) Music, history, and poetry, but not dance.
(d) Music, dance, and poetry, but not history.
5. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With fear.
(d) With silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
2. What is Hades's nickname?
3. How many seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
4. Making it different than many of the other hymns, how does The Hymn to Ares begin?
5. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)