|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To introduce the second one.
(b) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(c) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(d) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
3. Whose origin does The Hymn to the Sun describe?
4. What is unique about The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) It is the last hymn that Homer is believed to have written.
(b) It does not mention the name of the god it refers to.
(c) It does not mention the sun at all.
(d) It is half the length of the longest hymn.
5. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
2. What type of arts is Athena known for?
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. Where does Herakles eventually live?
5. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)