|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
2. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
(a) From her mother's forehead.
(b) From her mother's chin.
(c) From her father's chin.
(d) From her father's forehead.
3. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
4. According to the hymn, how does Demeter try to make a child immortal?
(a) By rubbing his feet.
(b) By holding him over a fire.
(c) By dipping his feet in water.
(d) By resting him on a cloud.
5. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
2. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
4. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)