|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to the Sun, Moon and the Dioscuri.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor is made to the sun's journey in The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) A blazing fire.
(b) A golden chariot.
(c) A speeding star.
(d) A ball of energy.
2. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
(a) He is a scupltor.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a blacksmith.
3. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
(a) From her father's chin.
(b) From her father's forehead.
(c) From her mother's chin.
(d) From her mother's forehead.
4. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) Excellence, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Excellence and fortune.
(c) Fortune and wealth.
(d) Excellence and wealth.
5. As described by the poet, what kind of wings do Castor and Pollux use to shoot across the sky?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
2. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
3. Who does the moon apparently have an affair with, creating a daughter in the process?
4. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
5. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)