|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
2. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her sacredness.
(c) Her commitment.
(d) Her loyalty.
3. What is Artemis's skill?
(c) Fighting wars.
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a question.
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
2. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
3. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
4. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)