|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
4. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
5. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(b) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(c) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(d) Humans, animals, and nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
2. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
3. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
4. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
5. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)