|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) Mount Athos.
2. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is equal.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(d) It is more powerful.
4. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(a) The Odyssey.
(c) Works and Days.
5. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(d) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
2. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
3. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
4. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
5. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)