|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret mountain.
(b) A secret fortress.
(c) A secret island.
(d) A secret cave.
2. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
3. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) The week after he is born.
(b) The day after he is born.
(c) Two weeks after he is born.
(d) Two days after he is born.
4. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At her brother's house.
(d) At her sister's house.
5. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(b) Giver of good things.
(d) Dispenser of favors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
2. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
3. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
4. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
5. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)