|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
2. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a prediction.
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is equal.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is more powerful.
(d) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
4. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
5. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(b) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
(c) He is turned into a hawk.
(d) He is richly rewarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
4. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
5. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)