|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) The day after he is born.
(b) Two days after he is born.
(c) Two weeks after he is born.
(d) The week after he is born.
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
4. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
5. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A herd of cattle.
(b) A group of horses.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A group of oxen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
2. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
3. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
4. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)