|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
(a) He must return the stolen animals to Apollo.
(b) He can keep the stolen animals.
(c) He must grant Apollo three wishes.
(d) He must apologize to Apollo.
2. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) Two weeks after he is born.
(b) Two days after he is born.
(c) The week after he is born.
(d) The day after he is born.
3. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two paragraphs.
(b) Two lines.
(c) Three paragraphs.
(d) Three lines.
4. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(b) As a cheater and a helper.
(c) As a cheater, but not a helper.
(d) As a helper, but not a cheater.
5. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Plant leaves.
(b) Plant and flower leaves.
(c) Vine and flower leaves.
(d) Vine leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
2. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
5. What is Artemis's skill?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)