|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine and flower leaves.
(b) Vine leaves.
(c) Plant leaves.
(d) Plant and flower leaves.
3. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
4. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His odd behavior.
(b) His silence.
(c) His absence.
(d) His rudeness.
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
2. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
3. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
4. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
5. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)