|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) The entire crew except for the captain.
(b) The entire crew.
(c) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(d) No one.
2. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
3. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
4. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
5. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) The day after he is born.
(b) Two weeks after he is born.
(c) The week after he is born.
(d) Two days after he is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
2. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
3. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
4. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)