|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(b) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(c) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(d) Humans, animals, and nature.
2. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her mercifulness and glory.
(b) Her eminence and mercifulness.
(c) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(d) Her eminence and glory.
3. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
4. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
5. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
2. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
3. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
4. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
5. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)