|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(b) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(c) To destroy Dionysus.
(d) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
2. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(b) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(c) As a cheater and a helper.
(d) As a cheater, but not a helper.
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a prediction.
4. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is richly rewarded.
(b) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(c) He is turned into a hawk.
(d) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
5. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
2. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
5. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)