|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) Mount Athos.
3. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
4. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(b) Fifty eight lines.
(c) Twenty eight lines.
(d) Five hundred and eighty lines.
5. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
2. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
5. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)