|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret mountain.
(b) A secret cave.
(c) A secret island.
(d) A secret fortress.
2. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of civilization.
(b) The guardian of us all.
(c) The mother of civilization.
(d) The mother of us all.
3. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Twenty three.
(b) Forty three.
(c) Fifty three.
(d) Thirty three.
4. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) Ignorance of the future.
(b) The uncertainty of life.
(c) The inevitable nature of old age.
(d) Ignorance of the past.
5. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
3. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
4. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)