|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful.
(b) It is more powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
2. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) That the boat was sinking.
(b) The danger that the crew is in.
(c) That the boat was going off course.
(d) The holiness of the prisoner.
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(b) Humans, animals, and nature.
(c) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(d) Animals and nature, but not humans.
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Powerful and remorseless.
(b) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(c) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(d) Remorseless, but not powerful.
5. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(b) Twenty eight lines.
(c) Fifty eight lines.
(d) Two hundred and eighty lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
2. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
5. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)