|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Girl-crazy goat.
(b) Wild, noisy lion.
(c) Wild, noisy goat.
(d) Girl-crazy lion.
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans, animals, and nature.
(b) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(c) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(d) Humans and nature, but not animals.
3. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
4. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two lines.
(b) Three lines.
(c) Three paragraphs.
(d) Two paragraphs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
4. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)