|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is more powerful.
2. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear C.
(b) Linear B.
(c) Linear D.
(d) Linear A.
3. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Three paragraphs.
(b) Two lines.
(c) Two paragraphs.
(d) Three lines.
4. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
5. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A hat.
(b) A lyre.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
2. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
3. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
4. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)