|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
2. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A secret mountain.
(c) A secret fortress.
(d) A secret island.
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(b) The Odyssey.
(d) Works and Days.
4. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(b) To destroy Dionysus.
(c) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(d) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(b) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(c) To introduce the second one.
(d) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
2. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
3. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
4. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
5. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)