|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artemis's skill?
(a) Fighting wars.
2. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Both by writing and verbally.
(d) By writing.
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(b) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(c) To destroy Dionysus.
(d) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
4. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) The danger that the crew is in.
(b) That the boat was going off course.
(c) That the boat was sinking.
(d) The holiness of the prisoner.
5. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Girl-crazy lion.
(b) Girl-crazy goat.
(c) Wild, noisy lion.
(d) Wild, noisy goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
3. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
4. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
5. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)