|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A shield.
(b) A lyre.
(c) A hat.
(d) A bowl.
2. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
3. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
4. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
5. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
3. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
4. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
5. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)