|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
2. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
3. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
4. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Both by writing and verbally.
(c) By writing.
5. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Wild, noisy goat.
(b) Wild, noisy lion.
(c) Girl-crazy goat.
(d) Girl-crazy lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
2. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
3. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)