|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
(a) She scolds him.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She cries.
2. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Three paragraphs.
(b) Two paragraphs.
(c) Three lines.
(d) Two lines.
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(c) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
4. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He spent most of his life alone.
(c) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(d) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
5. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
5. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)