|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vortigern ingratiates himself to the Picts, utilizing their rash temperament to his advantage to slay Constans. This event prompts what?
2. Caesar sends a letter to King Cassivelaunus. How is it received?
3. Now that Vortigern is married to his daughter, Hengist counsels the King to do what?
4. To where does Caesar retreat?
5. Over what does an argument break out regarding Aurelius and Utherpendragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brutus marry Pandrasus' daughter?
2. Why is Vortimer poisoned?
3. How is Britain described? What is the purpose of this book?
4. How does Vortigern begin plotting a takeover of the kingship?
5. What happens after Caesar sends a letter to King Cassivelaunus?
6. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
7. How does Brutus end up deciding to free the Trojans?
8. What happens after Guiderius refuses to pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus?
9. How does Locrinus deal with his feelings for Estrildis and his marriage to Gwendolen?
10. What does Ebraucus do when he takes over control of Britain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cassivelaunus attempts to restore Britain's glory.
Part 1) Who is Cassivelaunus? How does he attempt to restore Britain's glory? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does Cassivelaunus compare to Brutus? What flaw does he possess? How does this flaw affect his judgment and ultimately his country?
Part 3) What could Cassivelaunus have done differently? How might this affect Britain?
Essay Topic 2
Merlin's prophecy is similar to the Book of Revelation.
Part 1) What is the Book of Revelation? How is this prophecy like the Book of Revelation?
Part 2) What is the purpose for having this prophecy be like the Book of Revelation? What does this say about Britain?
Part 3) Does Merlin believe Britain will survive? Why or why not? What is the connection between Britain and success and the survival of the world? Why does this connection exist?
Essay Topic 3
Guiderus is much like Brutus.
Part 1) Describe Guiderus. How does he seem at first? Why?
Part 2) How does one's opinion of him change? What causes this change?
Part 3) How is he successful? What is not so successful? What role does his brother, Arvirargus, play in Britain's independence? Why?
Part 4) What is Britain like after the reign of each brother? Why?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)