Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
(a) Goes into exile.
(b) Finds a wife.
(c) Takes care of his mother.
(d) Becomes king.
2. Who do Vortigern's magicians tell him to search out to help him with his building project?
(a) A local child.
(b) A parentless child.
(c) The child of royalty.
(d) A child born without a father.
3. Estrildis is the daughter of the _______________ king and was captured by Humber.
4. Where is Constans raised?
(a) In the monastic order.
(b) In the King's home.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In his uncle's home.
5. Mempricius' son, Ebraucus, takes over control of Britain and reigns for how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brutus has how many sons?
2. To what name was the Severn River changed?
3. What did Vortigern slowly begin doing?
4. Three longships arrive from Saxony, a province in Germany, bearing two men of huge stature. Who are these men?
5. What does Cassivelaunus do to celebrate his second victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Caesar sends a letter to King Cassivelaunus?
2. What happens when three springs erupt?
3. What does Merlin do for Vortigern?
4. How does the Humber River receive its name?
5. Describe the battles leading to Pandrasus being the only member of his army still alive.
6. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
7. What good does Aurelius do for Britain?
8. How does Arthur show his maturity and humanity when dealing with the enemy?
9. What does Pope Gregory do? How does this affect Augustine?
10. Why does Arthur decide to conquer many other lands?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)