|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merlin says that if the workers dig into the ground they will find a pool that, once drained, will reveal two hollow rocks, each containing what?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A diamond.
2. Locrinus divides the battle spoils among his men, keeping treasure found on the ships and what else for himself?
(c) Three beautiful women.
3. Ebraucus sails to Gaul where he does what?
(a) Asks to meet with the King.
(b) Asks for help from the king.
(c) Searches for a wife.
(d) Ransacks cities, gaining great wealth for himself.
4. Why does Corineus become enraged when he hears Locrinus is infatuated with Estrilidis?
(a) Estrildis is Corineus' wife.
(b) Locrinus had promised to marry his daughter.
(c) Estrildis is Corineus' mother.
(d) Corineus loves Estrilidis.
5. What does Vortigern realize about Merlin?
(a) He is very strange.
(b) He has a great imagination.
(c) He holds a great supernatural power.
(d) He is very dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Locrinus hide Estrildis?
2. Aurelius and Utherpendragon are fostered by whom?
3. How might Leil be described as a ruler?
4. Estrildis gives birth to a daughter named _____________.
5. Why does Pandrasus begin plotting war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cassivelaunus' emotions get the best of him?
2. What does Julius Caesar think of Britons?
3. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
4. How does Merlin begin helping Vortigern?
5. How does Locrinus deal with his feelings for Estrildis and his marriage to Gwendolen?
6. What do Brutus' sons do when he dies?
7. What does Merlin do for Vortigern?
8. Why does Corineus become upset that Locrinus is attracted to Estrildis?
9. How does Constantine end up giving aid to the Britons?
10. What is Constantine able to do for the Britons?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)