|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brutus decides to surprise Pandrasus' forces by night but will need the help of whom?
(a) One of the Greeks.
(b) One of the Romans.
(c) One of the Gauls.
(d) One of the Britons.
2. How might Leil be described as a ruler?
3. Over what does an argument break out regarding Aurelius and Utherpendragon?
(a) What language they should speak.
(b) Who should be made king after their father.
(c) Where they should be educated.
(d) Who should raise them.
4. Anacletus will approach the Greek encampment saying what has happened?
(a) He is secretly working for Pandrasus.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He has killed Antigonus.
(d) He has escaped with Antigonus.
5. What did Vortigern slowly begin doing?
(a) Rebuilding cities.
(b) Stealing money from the royal treasury and placing his own supporters as rulers in neighboring towns.
(c) Converting Britains to Catholicism.
(d) Selling off parts of Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Madden rule?
2. Where does Locrinus hide Estrildis?
3. Locrinus divides the battle spoils among his men, keeping treasure found on the ships and what else for himself?
4. What does Caesar think will be easy about the Britons?
5. Two years later Caesar once again gathers a fleet and sets sail for Britain. When Cassivelaunus learns of Caesar's approach, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vortigern gain control of Britain?
2. What do Brutus' sons do when he dies?
3. What happens when both Mepricius and Malin want to be King?
4. How does Locrinus deal with his feelings for Estrildis and his marriage to Gwendolen?
5. What does Locrinus do when Corineus dies? How does this affect Locrinus' life?
6. What happens after Claudius returns to Rome?
7. What does Julius Caesar think of Britons?
8. What happens after Guiderius refuses to pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus?
9. Why is Vortimer poisoned?
10. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)