|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vortigern realize about Merlin?
(a) He is very strange.
(b) He is very dangerous.
(c) He holds a great supernatural power.
(d) He has a great imagination.
2. Estrildis gives birth to a daughter named _____________.
3. The first part opens with a description of Britain as what?
(a) A desolate wasteland.
(b) An idyllic island.
(c) An ordinary island.
(d) A busy metropolis.
4. What does Hudibras do for Britain?
(a) He builds a strong army.
(b) He restores peace and establishes several cities.
(c) He destroys the kingdom.
(d) He builds London.
5. Geoffrey's dedication is a request that his benefactor, Alexander, ___________________.
(a) Promote his book.
(b) Financially support him.
(c) Read his book.
(d) Receive the text favorably.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aided by a Greek man named _______________, Brutus assumes a leadership role and begins planning to undertake the freeing of the Trojan slaves.
2. Who are the original inhabitants that have been driven into the minority by the invasion of the others?
3. Androgeus strategically places Caesar's forces so what will happen?
4. After twenty years of rule, by what is Mempricius killed?
5. Caesar launches a fleet and arrives in Britain where what happens immediately?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vortigern die?
2. Describe Severus' reign.
3. What does Locrinus do when Corineus dies? How does this affect Locrinus' life?
4. What is the story of King Leir?
5. How does Vortigern gain control of Britain?
6. What good does Aurelius do for Britain?
7. What does Pope Gregory do? How does this affect Augustine?
8. What happens when three springs erupt?
9. What are the two possible deaths that stand before Vortigern?
10. How does Locrinus deal with his feelings for Estrildis and his marriage to Gwendolen?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)