|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Constantine have?
2. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
(a) Becomes king.
(b) Goes into exile.
(c) Takes care of his mother.
(d) Finds a wife.
3. By whom is Constantine killed?
(a) His sons.
(b) His advisers.
(c) A traitorous Pict serving in his kingdom.
(d) His wife.
4. At the advice of his counselors, what does Vortigern build?
(a) A ship.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A castle.
(d) A large tower for himself.
5. For how long does Gwendolen reign?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Fourteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Britain's rule given over to Vortigern?
2. What does Claudius do when Arvirargus turns to battle him?
3. Nennius dies fifteen days later from a wound inflicted by Caesar and is buried with what?
4. Humber, the king of the Huns, lands in Albanctus' lands and does what?
5. Gwendolen bears a son called ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Britain described? What is the purpose of this book?
2. How do more Saxons begin arriving in Britain?
3. What does Merlin do for Vortigern?
4. How does Constantine end up giving aid to the Britons?
5. How does Merlin begin helping Vortigern?
6. How does Brutus end up deciding to free the Trojans?
7. What does Ebraucus do when he takes over control of Britain?
8. How does the Humber River receive its name?
9. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
10. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)