|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the disagreement rages, Vortigern counsels Constans to do what?
(a) Become his brothers' adviser.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Leave the church and take the kingship.
(d) Aide his brothers in the kingship.
2. What did Vortigern slowly begin doing?
(a) Stealing money from the royal treasury and placing his own supporters as rulers in neighboring towns.
(b) Selling off parts of Britain.
(c) Converting Britains to Catholicism.
(d) Rebuilding cities.
3. Who does Aeneas marry?
(a) King Latinus' daughter, Lucia.
(b) King Latinus' daughter, Lucretia.
(c) King Latinus' daughter, Lavinia.
(d) King Latinus' daughter, Lucinda.
4. Once Caesar receives the hostages, what does he do?
(a) He sells them to other countries.
(b) He returns to Rome.
(c) He makes them his minions.
(d) He gathers his army and hastens into Britain again.
5. What does Caesar think will be easy about the Britons?
(a) They will be an easy target for him to subjugate.
(b) They will be easy to get along with.
(c) They will be easy to convert.
(d) They will be easy to transport to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these rivers so important?
2. Vortigern revels in his new status and begins doing what?
3. What does Cassivelaunus do when he becomes worried that his army will starve to death?
4. What does Hudibras do for Britain?
5. Geoffrey of Monmouth says he will relate to the reader what exactly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Severus' reign.
2. What do Brutus' sons do when he dies?
3. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
4. How do more Saxons begin arriving in Britain?
5. What does Ebraucus do when he takes over control of Britain?
6. What is the story of King Leir?
7. What does Locrinus do when Corineus dies? How does this affect Locrinus' life?
8. How does Brutus end up deciding to free the Trojans?
9. What happens after Caesar sends a letter to King Cassivelaunus?
10. What happens after Claudius returns to Rome?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)