|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nennius dies fifteen days later from a wound inflicted by Caesar and is buried with what?
(a) His sword.
(b) Caesar's sword.
(c) His comrades.
(d) His crown.
2. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
(a) Takes care of his mother.
(b) Goes into exile.
(c) Finds a wife.
(d) Becomes king.
3. The first part opens with a description of Britain as what?
(a) An idyllic island.
(b) An ordinary island.
(c) A desolate wasteland.
(d) A busy metropolis.
4. Over what does an argument break out regarding Aurelius and Utherpendragon?
(a) Where they should be educated.
(b) Who should raise them.
(c) What language they should speak.
(d) Who should be made king after their father.
5. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Androgeus drafts a letter that is sent to Caesar pleading for aide. How do Caesar's advisers counsel the ruler?
2. Why is Aldroenus not interested in ruling Britain?
3. How might Leil be described as a ruler?
4. What does Cassivelaunus do to celebrate his second victory?
5. When Madden dies, his two sons, Mempricius and Malin, do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Constantine able to do for the Britons?
2. Describe Severus' reign.
3. Why does Corineus become upset that Locrinus is attracted to Estrildis?
4. How is Britain described? What is the purpose of this book?
5. What happens after Guiderius refuses to pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus?
6. How do more Saxons begin arriving in Britain?
7. How does the Humber River receive its name?
8. What happens after Claudius returns to Rome?
9. How does Brutus first go about trying to free the Trojan slaves? What is the response to his actions?
10. What takes place after Pandrasus agrees to his daughter's marriage to Brutus?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)