|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassivelaunus do to celebrate his second victory?
(a) He goes to Rome.
(b) He holds a great feast.
(c) He marries.
(d) He takes a vacation.
2. Brutus secures the castle and leaves 600 soldiers to guard it while he goes out to tell the Trojan people of his recent victory. Pandrasus decides to attack the fortress by night. Is he successful in wearing down the Trojans inside?
(a) Not at first.
(b) Just at first.
3. Merlin says that if the workers dig into the ground they will find a pool that, once drained, will reveal two hollow rocks, each containing what?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A snake.
4. Where does Locrinus hide Estrildis?
(a) In a cave beneath the town.
(b) In his bed chambers.
(c) In peasant's home.
(d) In a barn.
5. Aurelius and Utherpendragon are fostered by whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
2. What does Claudius do when Arvirargus turns to battle him?
3. When Corineus dies, what does Locrinus do?
4. Once Caesar receives the hostages, what does he do?
5. Brutus has how many sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vortigern gain control of Britain?
2. How does the Humber River receive its name?
3. How do more Saxons begin arriving in Britain?
4. How is idolatry and paganism wiped out from Britain?
5. How is Britain described? What is the purpose of this book?
6. Describe Severus' reign.
7. What does Julius Caesar think of Britons?
8. What does Locrinus do when Corineus dies? How does this affect Locrinus' life?
9. Why is Vortimer poisoned?
10. What does Merlin do for Vortigern?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)