|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After twenty years of rule, by what is Mempricius killed?
(a) A tornado.
(b) Ravenous wolves.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) His brother.
2. Merlin says that if the workers dig into the ground they will find a pool that, once drained, will reveal two hollow rocks, each containing what?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dragon.
3. While the disagreement rages, Vortigern counsels Constans to do what?
(a) Leave the church and take the kingship.
(b) Aide his brothers in the kingship.
(c) Become his brothers' adviser.
(d) Become a priest.
4. How many sons does Constantine have?
5. When Brutus dies, his sons bury him in the walls of the city and do what?
(a) Give the kingdom to the oldest sibling.
(b) Leave the kingdom.
(c) Give the kingdom to a cousin.
(d) Divide the rule of the country among themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julius Caesar says that the Britons descend from the same stock as the Romans. What is the result of them living so far away?
2. Locrinus divides the battle spoils among his men, keeping treasure found on the ships and what else for himself?
3. Brutus has how many sons?
4. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
5. Where is Constans raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battles leading to Pandrasus being the only member of his army still alive.
2. How does Constantine end up giving aid to the Britons?
3. Describe Severus' reign.
4. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
5. What happens after Guiderius refuses to pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus?
6. How does Vortigern begin plotting a takeover of the kingship?
7. What happens after Caesar sends a letter to King Cassivelaunus?
8. How is idolatry and paganism wiped out from Britain?
9. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
10. How does the Humber River receive its name?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)