|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Caesar's ships arrive?
(a) They are attacked.
(b) They are destroyed by pirates.
(c) They are warmly welcomed.
(d) They are impaled on the stakes.
2. What does Vortigern realize about Merlin?
(a) He holds a great supernatural power.
(b) He has a great imagination.
(c) He is very dangerous.
(d) He is very strange.
3. For how long does Madden rule?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Forty years.
4. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
(a) Becomes king.
(b) Finds a wife.
(c) Goes into exile.
(d) Takes care of his mother.
5. What does Hudibras do for Britain?
(a) He builds London.
(b) He destroys the kingdom.
(c) He restores peace and establishes several cities.
(d) He builds a strong army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brutus sends a letter to King Pandrasus asking for what?
2. Gwendolen bears a son called ________________.
3. Three longships arrive from Saxony, a province in Germany, bearing two men of huge stature. Who are these men?
4. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
5. How does Arvirargus, Guiderius' brother, avenge him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place after Pandrasus agrees to his daughter's marriage to Brutus?
2. How do more Saxons begin arriving in Britain?
3. Describe the battles leading to Pandrasus being the only member of his army still alive.
4. What happens after Guiderius refuses to pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus?
5. How do Caesar's ships become impaled in the River Thames?
6. Why does Brutus marry Pandrasus' daughter?
7. Describe Severus' reign.
8. What does Julius Caesar think of Britons?
9. What happens when both Mepricius and Malin want to be King?
10. How does Vortigern gain control of Britain?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)