|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hamo able to kill the King?
(a) He drowns him in the river.
(b) He disguises himself in British armor.
(c) He shoots an arrow at him.
(d) He poisons him.
2. Vortigern sends messengers to bid Hengist to return to Britain with a small company of men. With how many men does Hengist sail?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) One thousand.
3. Why does Corineus become enraged when he hears Locrinus is infatuated with Estrilidis?
(a) Corineus loves Estrilidis.
(b) Locrinus had promised to marry his daughter.
(c) Estrildis is Corineus' wife.
(d) Estrildis is Corineus' mother.
4. There are ___________ races of man that populate the isle.
5. Vortigern revels in his new status and begins doing what?
(a) Plotting how to obtain the kingship for himself.
(b) Improving aspects of life in Britain.
(c) Plotting to kill the brothers.
(d) Killing his opposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassivelaunus tell Caesar?
2. Caesar agrees to accept homage and tribute from Cassivelaunus after what happens?
3. How might Leil be described as a ruler?
4. Anacletus will approach the Greek encampment saying what has happened?
5. Where does Locrinus hide Estrildis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Hengist?
2. What do the dragons represent?
3. What takes place after Pandrasus agrees to his daughter's marriage to Brutus?
4. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
5. Why does Brutus marry Pandrasus' daughter?
6. What does Arthur do with his leadership and military abilities? How does he also show that he respects the ideas of others?
7. What happens after Caesar sends a letter to King Cassivelaunus?
8. How is idolatry and paganism wiped out from Britain?
9. What is Brian sent to do? How does this help to defeat Edwin and benefit Cadwallo?
10. How does Brutus end up deciding to free the Trojans?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)