|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guiderius refuse to do?
(a) Have contact with Rome.
(b) Fight Rome.
(c) Pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus.
(d) Rule Britain.
2. Guiderius manages to beat Claudius' forces back, but what happens to Guiderius?
(a) He kills Claudius.
(b) He kills Claudius' right hand man.
(c) He is captured by Claudius' right hand man.
(d) He is killed by Claudius' right hand man.
3. Geoffrey speaks highly of the ruler and asks that Alexander ignore what?
(a) The fictional sections in the book.
(b) The historical inaccuracies.
(c) The poor descriptions of the various kings.
(d) The base language in which Geoffrey writes.
4. How is Vortimer killed?
(a) He is stabbed by his father.
(b) His father drowns him.
(c) He is poisoned by an adviser.
(d) His mother poisons him.
5. There are ___________ races of man that populate the isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aldroenus not interested in ruling Britain?
2. The first part opens with a description of Britain as what?
3. Where does Locrinus hide Estrildis?
4. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
5. Estrildis is the daughter of the _______________ king and was captured by Humber.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when both Mepricius and Malin want to be King?
2. Describe the battles leading to Pandrasus being the only member of his army still alive.
3. How does Brutus first go about trying to free the Trojan slaves? What is the response to his actions?
4. How is idolatry and paganism wiped out from Britain?
5. How does Brutus end up deciding to free the Trojans?
6. Why is Vortimer poisoned?
7. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
8. How does Vortigern begin plotting a takeover of the kingship?
9. Why does Brutus marry Pandrasus' daughter?
10. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)