|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Vortigern's magicians tell him to search out to help him with his building project?
(a) A local child.
(b) A child born without a father.
(c) The child of royalty.
(d) A parentless child.
2. For how long does Gwendolen reign?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Thirteen years.
3. Humber, the king of the Huns, lands in Albanctus' lands and does what?
(a) Steals livestock.
(b) Kills the civilians.
(c) Kills the ruler.
(d) Takes the ruler hostage.
4. For how long does Madden rule?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Thirty years.
5. To where does Caesar retreat?
(a) The river.
(b) The forest.
(d) A tower he built in case he was forced to flee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corineus dies, what does Locrinus do?
2. When Hengist's army arrives from Saxony, his daughter, Renwein, is also on board. Vortigern falls madly in love with the girl and desires to wed her even though she is also a pagan. Why does Hengist agree to the marriage?
3. After twenty years of rule, by what is Mempricius killed?
4. Brutus surprises Pandrasus' forces and drives them to slaughter where?
5. How many of Caesar's soldiers are lost to the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brutus end up deciding to free the Trojans?
2. How does the Humber River receive its name?
3. How is idolatry and paganism wiped out from Britain?
4. How do Caesar's ships become impaled in the River Thames?
5. What is the story of King Leir?
6. Why does Brutus marry Pandrasus' daughter?
7. What does Locrinus do when Corineus dies? How does this affect Locrinus' life?
8. Why does Corineus become upset that Locrinus is attracted to Estrildis?
9. How does Constantine end up giving aid to the Britons?
10. Describe the battles leading to Pandrasus being the only member of his army still alive.
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)