|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julius Caesar says that the Britons descend from the same stock as the Romans. What is the result of them living so far away?
(a) They must be degenerates.
(b) They must have different traditions.
(c) They must speak a different language.
(d) They must be more intelligent.
2. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
3. For how long does Madden rule?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
4. Estrildis is the daughter of the _______________ king and was captured by Humber.
5. When Brutus dies, his sons bury him in the walls of the city and do what?
(a) Divide the rule of the country among themselves.
(b) Leave the kingdom.
(c) Give the kingdom to the oldest sibling.
(d) Give the kingdom to a cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the original inhabitants that have been driven into the minority by the invasion of the others?
2. What does Caesar think will be easy about the Britons?
3. What does Cassivelaunus do to celebrate his second victory?
4. Humber, the king of the Huns, lands in Albanctus' lands and does what?
5. How does Arvirargus, Guiderius' brother, avenge him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Britain described? What is the purpose of this book?
2. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
3. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
4. How does Merlin begin helping Vortigern?
5. Why does Corineus become upset that Locrinus is attracted to Estrildis?
6. What happens when both Mepricius and Malin want to be King?
7. What does Ebraucus do when he takes over control of Britain?
8. How does Locrinus deal with his feelings for Estrildis and his marriage to Gwendolen?
9. How does Vortigern gain control of Britain?
10. Why is Vortimer poisoned?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)