|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geoffrey of Monmouth says he will relate to the reader what exactly?
(a) How Britain became overrun by outside forces.
(b) How the Britons successfully fought other groups of people.
(c) How the kings each improve the island.
(d) How the British isles drew inhabitants.
2. At the advice of his counselors, what does Vortigern build?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A large tower for himself.
(c) A ship.
(d) A castle.
3. The first part opens with a description of Britain as what?
(a) A desolate wasteland.
(b) An idyllic island.
(c) An ordinary island.
(d) A busy metropolis.
4. Humber, the king of the Huns, lands in Albanctus' lands and does what?
(a) Kills the ruler.
(b) Steals livestock.
(c) Kills the civilians.
(d) Takes the ruler hostage.
5. Who do Vortigern's magicians tell him to search out to help him with his building project?
(a) A local child.
(b) The child of royalty.
(c) A parentless child.
(d) A child born without a father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brutus has how many sons?
2. How many of Caesar's soldiers are lost to the water?
3. For how long does Gwendolen reign?
4. Androgeus drafts a letter that is sent to Caesar pleading for aide. How do Caesar's advisers counsel the ruler?
5. Androgeus strategically places Caesar's forces so what will happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when both Mepricius and Malin want to be King?
2. What do Brutus' sons do when he dies?
3. Why does Corineus become upset that Locrinus is attracted to Estrildis?
4. How is Britain described? What is the purpose of this book?
5. What does Merlin do for Vortigern?
6. How does the Humber River receive its name?
7. What happens after Guiderius refuses to pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus?
8. How does Cassivelaunus' emotions get the best of him?
9. What does Julius Caesar think of Britons?
10. How does Brutus first go about trying to free the Trojan slaves? What is the response to his actions?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)