|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are ___________ races of man that populate the isle.
2. Over what does an argument break out regarding Aurelius and Utherpendragon?
(a) Who should raise them.
(b) Where they should be educated.
(c) What language they should speak.
(d) Who should be made king after their father.
3. Julius Caesar says that the Britons descend from the same stock as the Romans. What is the result of them living so far away?
(a) They must have different traditions.
(b) They must be degenerates.
(c) They must be more intelligent.
(d) They must speak a different language.
4. Guithelinus, the Archbishop of London, is sent to Aldroenus in Armorica for what reason?
(a) To convert the Britains there.
(b) To seek aide from the transplanted Britons living there.
(c) To search for missing Britons.
(d) To speak to the King.
5. Why are these rivers so important?
(a) They are a home for many wild animals.
(b) They supply clean water to villages.
(c) They bring goods and trade from all over the world.
(d) They are beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
2. When Corineus dies, what does Locrinus do?
3. Anacletus will approach the Greek encampment saying what has happened?
4. When Hengist's army arrives from Saxony, his daughter, Renwein, is also on board. Vortigern falls madly in love with the girl and desires to wed her even though she is also a pagan. Why does Hengist agree to the marriage?
5. What does Cassivelaunus do to celebrate his second victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is idolatry and paganism wiped out from Britain?
2. What does Julius Caesar think of Britons?
3. What happens when both Mepricius and Malin want to be King?
4. Why does Brutus marry Pandrasus' daughter?
5. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
6. Describe the battles leading to Pandrasus being the only member of his army still alive.
7. What takes place after Pandrasus agrees to his daughter's marriage to Brutus?
8. How do Caesar's ships become impaled in the River Thames?
9. What is the history leading up to Brutus' birth?
10. How does Constantine end up giving aid to the Britons?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)