|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estrildis is the daughter of the _______________ king and was captured by Humber.
2. At the advice of his counselors, what does Vortigern build?
(a) A castle.
(b) A ship.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A large tower for himself.
3. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
(a) Finds a wife.
(b) Becomes king.
(c) Goes into exile.
(d) Takes care of his mother.
4. Geoffrey's dedication is a request that his benefactor, Alexander, ___________________.
(a) Promote his book.
(b) Read his book.
(c) Financially support him.
(d) Receive the text favorably.
5. To what name was the Severn River changed?
(a) The Madden River.
(b) The Gwendolen River.
(c) The Habren River.
(d) The Estrildis River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Cassivelaunus' nephew, Hirelgdas, is slain?
2. Brutus decides to surprise Pandrasus' forces by night but will need the help of whom?
3. Caesar sends a letter to King Cassivelaunus. How is it received?
4. Three longships arrive from Saxony, a province in Germany, bearing two men of huge stature. Who are these men?
5. When Corineus dies, what does Locrinus do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when both Mepricius and Malin want to be King?
2. What does Locrinus do when Corineus dies? How does this affect Locrinus' life?
3. What happens after Guiderius refuses to pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus?
4. What happens after Claudius returns to Rome?
5. How does the Humber River receive its name?
6. What does Geoffrey write to Alexander? Why does he do this?
7. How does Constantine end up giving aid to the Britons?
8. Why does Brutus marry Pandrasus' daughter?
9. What does Merlin do for Vortigern?
10. What is Constantine able to do for the Britons?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)