|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pandrasus begin plotting war?
(a) He hates Brutus.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He follows the advice of his counselors.
(d) It is the first idea that comes to mind.
2. Estrildis gives birth to a daughter named _____________.
3. What happened when Caesar's ships arrive?
(a) They are destroyed by pirates.
(b) They are attacked.
(c) They are warmly welcomed.
(d) They are impaled on the stakes.
4. Why is Britain's rule given over to Vortigern?
(a) Vortigern kills the three brothers.
(b) The other brothers cannot decide who should be King.
(c) Constans does not want to be king.
(d) Constans' religious training does not prepare him to be an adequate ruler.
5. Together Claudius and Arvirargus build what city in honor of the marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brutus has how many sons?
2. What does Caesar think will be easy about the Britons?
3. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
4. After twenty years of rule, by what is Mempricius killed?
5. Why is Aldroenus not interested in ruling Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brutus first go about trying to free the Trojan slaves? What is the response to his actions?
2. How does Cassivelaunus' emotions get the best of him?
3. How does the Humber River receive its name?
4. What do Brutus' sons do when he dies?
5. How is Britain described? What is the purpose of this book?
6. How do more Saxons begin arriving in Britain?
7. What takes place after Pandrasus agrees to his daughter's marriage to Brutus?
8. Why is Vortimer poisoned?
9. Why does Corineus become upset that Locrinus is attracted to Estrildis?
10. How does Locrinus deal with his feelings for Estrildis and his marriage to Gwendolen?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)