|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After twenty years of rule, by what is Mempricius killed?
(a) Ravenous wolves.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) His brother.
2. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
3. Brutus decides to surprise Pandrasus' forces by night but will need the help of whom?
(a) One of the Greeks.
(b) One of the Gauls.
(c) One of the Romans.
(d) One of the Britons.
4. Vortigern revels in his new status and begins doing what?
(a) Improving aspects of life in Britain.
(b) Killing his opposition.
(c) Plotting to kill the brothers.
(d) Plotting how to obtain the kingship for himself.
5. By whom is Constantine killed?
(a) A traitorous Pict serving in his kingdom.
(b) His sons.
(c) His wife.
(d) His advisers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Cassivelaunus' nephew, Hirelgdas, is slain?
2. Geoffrey speaks highly of the ruler and asks that Alexander ignore what?
3. Geoffrey of Monmouth says he will relate to the reader what exactly?
4. There are ___________ races of man that populate the isle.
5. To where does Caesar retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of King Leir?
2. What does Arthur do with his leadership and military abilities? How does he also show that he respects the ideas of others?
3. What do Brutus' sons do when he dies?
4. What happens when three springs erupt?
5. How does Arthur show his maturity and humanity when dealing with the enemy?
6. How do more Saxons begin arriving in Britain?
7. How does Locrinus deal with his feelings for Estrildis and his marriage to Gwendolen?
8. What happens after Claudius returns to Rome?
9. Why does Octa end up living in an uninhabited area of Britain as a subject of the King?
10. What is Brian sent to do? How does this help to defeat Edwin and benefit Cadwallo?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)