|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur sets siege to the city but must abandon his attack when Cheldric arrives from Germany with aide for the Saxons. Arthur retreats to London and seeks advice from whom?
(a) His father.
(b) His council.
2. Calling on the name of God, what does Arthur do?
(a) He slays hundreds of the enemy by himself.
(b) He slays thousands of the enemy by himself.
(c) He forgives his enemies.
(d) He meets with his enemies.
3. Vortigern is amazed at Merlin's prophecies and wishes to know what?
(a) How his own future will turn out.
(b) What else Merlin knows.
(c) When he first noticed he was different.
(d) How Merlin knows all of this.
4. Aurelius rules from London and works to do what?
(a) Take over Europe.
(b) Bring Christianity to Britain.
(c) Restore old laws, renew peace, and deal out justice.
(d) Communicate with other European rulers.
5. The German worm will be overcome by whom?
6. Upon his return, Arthur arranges for a festival to be held in the City of Legions. What is Guinevere doing at the same time?
(a) She is traveling from Gaul.
(b) She is waiting in the church for him.
(c) She is sitting at home waiting for him to return.
(d) She is being conducted to the second church.
7. With whom does Gormund, king of the Africans, make a treaty?
(a) Keredic of the Britons.
(b) Wilhelm of the Germans.
(c) Isembard of the Franks.
(d) Castagliola of the Italians.
8. Men will continue to fight for the throne of Britain until when?
(a) The angels cry in heaven.
(b) Even the heavens avert their eyes.
(c) God ascends from the heavens.
(d) Hell freezes over.
9. Merlin further states that Aurelius is sailing toward Britain as they speak and will land when?
(a) The next evening.
(b) The next morning.
(c) The next afternoon.
(d) A week later.
10. How does Constantine die?
(a) By the hands of the Saxons.
(b) By Mordred's hand.
(c) By God's hand.
(d) By the hands of Mordred's sons.
11. Following the death of Uther, the leaders of the Britons urge Dubricius to do what?
(a) Anoint Aurelius king.
(b) Anoint Merlin king.
(c) Anoint Utherpendragon king.
(d) Anoint Arthur king.
12. What will rebuild the island, increase fortifications, and construct pathways beneath the earth?
(a) A rat.
(b) A chipmunk.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A mole.
13. How is Augustine received by the British bishops?
(a) He is not received by the bishops.
(b) Not kindly.
(c) Fairly well.
(d) Very well.
14. What will happen to those who drink from the second?
(a) They will have a long and healthy life.
(b) They will die from disease.
(c) They will die of insatiable hunger.
(d) They will live in peace.
15. Cadvan, accompanied by several other kings, marches against Ethelfrid. In the end, Cadvan and Ethelfrid reach what agreement?
(a) Neither man will rule Britain.
(b) Ethelfrid will rule Britain.
(c) Cadvan will rule Britain.
(d) Each rules one portion of Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aurelius does not know how he will move the stones but sends __________________________, fifteen thousand men and Merlin to fetch the circle.
2. What happens when Merlin tells the men to try moving the stones?
3. What happens soon after Constantine takes the crown?
4. Pope Gregory sends Augustine to Britain to do what?
5. What does Gormund do to the city where Keredic has taken refuge?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)