|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geoffrey speaks highly of the ruler and asks that Alexander ignore what?
(a) The historical inaccuracies.
(b) The base language in which Geoffrey writes.
(c) The fictional sections in the book.
(d) The poor descriptions of the various kings.
2. The British people soon become afraid of the swelling number of Saxons and turn to who for aide?
(b) The Pope.
3. Who impregnates a niece of Aeneas' wife?
(a) Aeneas' son.
(b) Aeneas' grandson.
(c) Aeneas' cousin.
(d) Aeneas' nephew.
4. Caesar agrees to accept homage and tribute from Cassivelaunus after what happens?
(a) His men begin to starve to death.
(b) Androgeus threatens him with harm.
(c) Caesar threatens Cassivelaunus.
(d) Cassivelaunus begs for help.
5. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Two hundred.
6. Does Locrinus marry Corineus' daughter, Gwendolen?
(c) Yes, but he later divorces her.
(d) Not until later.
7. Caesar launches a fleet and arrives in Britain where what happens immediately?
(a) He is warmly welcomed.
(b) He is engaged in battle by Cassivelaunus and other British lords.
(c) He is brought to see Cassivelaunus.
(d) He is ignored.
8. Together Claudius and Arvirargus build what city in honor of the marriage?
9. What happened when Caesar's ships arrive?
(a) They are impaled on the stakes.
(b) They are destroyed by pirates.
(c) They are attacked.
(d) They are warmly welcomed.
10. To where does Caesar retreat?
(a) The river.
(b) The forest.
(d) A tower he built in case he was forced to flee.
11. Who does Aeneas marry?
(a) King Latinus' daughter, Lucia.
(b) King Latinus' daughter, Lavinia.
(c) King Latinus' daughter, Lucinda.
(d) King Latinus' daughter, Lucretia.
12. Androgeus drafts a letter that is sent to Caesar pleading for aide. How do Caesar's advisers counsel the ruler?
(a) Not to go into Britain at any time.
(b) To go to Britain immediately.
(c) To write a letter to Androgeus telling him he will not be available.
(d) Not to go into Britain on Androgeus' word alone.
13. How many sons does Constantine have?
14. Vortigern revels in his new status and begins doing what?
(a) Killing his opposition.
(b) Improving aspects of life in Britain.
(c) Plotting to kill the brothers.
(d) Plotting how to obtain the kingship for himself.
15. When Corineus dies, what does Locrinus do?
(a) He has Gwendolen killed.
(b) He abandons Gwendolen and makes Estrildis his queen.
(c) He abandons Estrildis and makes Gwendolen his queen.
(d) He leaves the kingdom to Gwendolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Madden dies, his two sons, Mempricius and Malin, do what?
2. What happens when Cassivelaunus' nephew, Hirelgdas, is slain?
3. By whom is Constantine killed?
4. What does Guiderius refuse to do?
5. Why are these rivers so important?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)