|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does an argument break out regarding Aurelius and Utherpendragon?
(a) Where they should be educated.
(b) What language they should speak.
(c) Who should raise them.
(d) Who should be made king after their father.
2. Who are the original inhabitants that have been driven into the minority by the invasion of the others?
(a) The Britons.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Saxons.
3. In Greece, what does Brutus learn?
(a) The leaders of Greece are Trojans.
(b) He is Greek.
(c) The Greeks are very intelligent.
(d) A large number of Trojans are being kept in captivity.
4. Brutus surprises Pandrasus' forces and drives them to slaughter where?
(a) In a clearing.
(b) In France.
(c) In a nearby river.
(d) Outside the castle.
5. Aldroenus offers to send his brother, Constantine, with how many soldiers to aide the Britons?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
6. Why are these rivers so important?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They supply clean water to villages.
(c) They are a home for many wild animals.
(d) They bring goods and trade from all over the world.
7. Brutus has how many sons?
8. When Madden dies, his two sons, Mempricius and Malin, do what?
(a) Divide up the kingdom.
(b) Mourn their father.
(c) Share the kingdom.
(d) Argue over control of the kingdom.
9. What does Caesar think will be easy about the Britons?
(a) They will be easy to get along with.
(b) They will be easy to transport to Rome.
(c) They will be easy to convert.
(d) They will be an easy target for him to subjugate.
10. Membritius stands up and says that the only sensible course of action is what?
(a) To imprison Pandrasus.
(b) To wed Pandrasus' eldest daughter.
(c) To kill Pandrasus.
(d) To return home.
11. Humber, the king of the Huns, lands in Albanctus' lands and does what?
(a) Kills the ruler.
(b) Kills the civilians.
(c) Takes the ruler hostage.
(d) Steals livestock.
12. Anacletus will approach the Greek encampment saying what has happened?
(a) He has killed Antigonus.
(b) He has escaped with Antigonus.
(c) He is secretly working for Pandrasus.
(d) He is dying.
13. Hengist orders his men to hide daggers in their boots and on his command kill the British lord nearest him during the meeting. Is Vortigern killed?
(d) Not at first.
14. Once Caesar receives the hostages, what does he do?
(a) He returns to Rome.
(b) He sells them to other countries.
(c) He makes them his minions.
(d) He gathers his army and hastens into Britain again.
15. Why is Britain's rule given over to Vortigern?
(a) Constans' religious training does not prepare him to be an adequate ruler.
(b) Vortigern kills the three brothers.
(c) Constans does not want to be king.
(d) The other brothers cannot decide who should be King.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Madden rule?
2. Three longships arrive from Saxony, a province in Germany, bearing two men of huge stature. Who are these men?
3. How does Arvirargus, Guiderius' brother, avenge him?
4. When Brutus dies, his sons bury him in the walls of the city and do what?
5. How is Vortimer killed?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)