|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Locrinus hide Estrildis?
(a) In his bed chambers.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a cave beneath the town.
(d) In peasant's home.
2. How many sons does Constantine have?
3. Hengist orders his men to hide daggers in their boots and on his command kill the British lord nearest him during the meeting. Is Vortigern killed?
(b) Not at first.
4. What does Guiderius refuse to do?
(a) Fight Rome.
(b) Pay the tribute agreed upon by Cassivelaunus.
(c) Have contact with Rome.
(d) Rule Britain.
5. When Corineus dies, what does Locrinus do?
(a) He abandons Estrildis and makes Gwendolen his queen.
(b) He abandons Gwendolen and makes Estrildis his queen.
(c) He has Gwendolen killed.
(d) He leaves the kingdom to Gwendolen.
6. Why does Corineus become enraged when he hears Locrinus is infatuated with Estrilidis?
(a) Locrinus had promised to marry his daughter.
(b) Estrildis is Corineus' mother.
(c) Corineus loves Estrilidis.
(d) Estrildis is Corineus' wife.
7. Vortigern sends messengers to bid Hengist to return to Britain with a small company of men. With how many men does Hengist sail?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Four thousand.
8. Soothsayers correctly predict that the child, a boy, will cause what?
(a) The end of his family's bloodline.
(b) The death of both his parents.
(d) Natural disasters.
9. Who takes controls of the kingdom when Locrinus is killed?
10. Estrildis is the daughter of the _______________ king and was captured by Humber.
11. What does Caesar think will be easy about the Britons?
(a) They will be easy to get along with.
(b) They will be easy to transport to Rome.
(c) They will be easy to convert.
(d) They will be an easy target for him to subjugate.
12. Estrildis gives birth to a daughter named _____________.
13. Brutus surprises Pandrasus' forces and drives them to slaughter where?
(a) In a clearing.
(b) Outside the castle.
(c) In a nearby river.
(d) In France.
14. How is Hamo able to kill the King?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He shoots an arrow at him.
(c) He drowns him in the river.
(d) He disguises himself in British armor.
15. By whom is Constantine killed?
(a) His sons.
(b) A traitorous Pict serving in his kingdom.
(c) His wife.
(d) His advisers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Locrinus marry Corineus' daughter, Gwendolen?
2. Now that Vortigern is married to his daughter, Hengist counsels the King to do what?
3. Over what does an argument break out regarding Aurelius and Utherpendragon?
4. Androgeus strategically places Caesar's forces so what will happen?
5. Together Claudius and Arvirargus build what city in honor of the marriage?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)