|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the disagreement rages, Vortigern counsels Constans to do what?
(a) Aide his brothers in the kingship.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Become his brothers' adviser.
(d) Leave the church and take the kingship.
2. Why are many readers already familiar with King Leir's story?
(a) He is the character in fairy tales.
(b) Due to this book.
(c) He is the king in Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Due to Shakespeare's play, King Lear.
3. Merlin says that if the workers dig into the ground they will find a pool that, once drained, will reveal two hollow rocks, each containing what?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A diamond.
4. Estrildis gives birth to a daughter named _____________.
5. What does Claudius do when Arvirargus turns to battle him?
(a) He fights him.
(b) He returns to Rome.
(c) He sends envoys to Arvirargus to arrange for a treaty.
(d) He takes over Britain.
6. Brutus surprises Pandrasus' forces and drives them to slaughter where?
(a) In a clearing.
(b) In France.
(c) In a nearby river.
(d) Outside the castle.
7. When Madden dies, his two sons, Mempricius and Malin, do what?
(a) Mourn their father.
(b) Argue over control of the kingdom.
(c) Divide up the kingdom.
(d) Share the kingdom.
8. Who do Vortigern's magicians tell him to search out to help him with his building project?
(a) The child of royalty.
(b) A child born without a father.
(c) A local child.
(d) A parentless child.
9. Once Caesar receives the hostages, what does he do?
(a) He returns to Rome.
(b) He sells them to other countries.
(c) He gathers his army and hastens into Britain again.
(d) He makes them his minions.
10. Guithelinus, the Archbishop of London, is sent to Aldroenus in Armorica for what reason?
(a) To seek aide from the transplanted Britons living there.
(b) To search for missing Britons.
(c) To speak to the King.
(d) To convert the Britains there.
11. Caesar agrees to accept homage and tribute from Cassivelaunus after what happens?
(a) His men begin to starve to death.
(b) Androgeus threatens him with harm.
(c) Cassivelaunus begs for help.
(d) Caesar threatens Cassivelaunus.
12. For how long does Gwendolen reign?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Twelve years.
13. Mempricius' son, Ebraucus, takes over control of Britain and reigns for how many years?
14. Geoffrey speaks highly of the ruler and asks that Alexander ignore what?
(a) The base language in which Geoffrey writes.
(b) The poor descriptions of the various kings.
(c) The fictional sections in the book.
(d) The historical inaccuracies.
15. To where does Caesar retreat?
(a) The forest.
(c) A tower he built in case he was forced to flee.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brutus allows his men to divide the spoils among themselves while he consults with his advisers on what to do with whom?
2. Guiderius manages to beat Claudius' forces back, but what happens to Guiderius?
3. Anacletus will approach the Greek encampment saying what has happened?
4. After twenty years of rule, by what is Mempricius killed?
5. Androgeus drafts a letter that is sent to Caesar pleading for aide. How do Caesar's advisers counsel the ruler?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)