|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Gwendolen reign?
(a) Thirteen years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
2. Brutus secures the castle and leaves 600 soldiers to guard it while he goes out to tell the Trojan people of his recent victory. Pandrasus decides to attack the fortress by night. Is he successful in wearing down the Trojans inside?
(b) Just at first.
(c) Not at first.
3. Geoffrey speaks highly of the ruler and asks that Alexander ignore what?
(a) The historical inaccuracies.
(b) The base language in which Geoffrey writes.
(c) The fictional sections in the book.
(d) The poor descriptions of the various kings.
4. When Corineus dies, what does Locrinus do?
(a) He abandons Gwendolen and makes Estrildis his queen.
(b) He abandons Estrildis and makes Gwendolen his queen.
(c) He has Gwendolen killed.
(d) He leaves the kingdom to Gwendolen.
5. Now that Vortigern is married to his daughter, Hengist counsels the King to do what?
(a) Bring more Saxons into Britain.
(b) Improve Britain.
(c) Ask Rome for assistance.
(d) Bring peace to Britain.
6. Why are these rivers so important?
(a) They supply clean water to villages.
(b) They bring goods and trade from all over the world.
(c) They are a home for many wild animals.
(d) They are beautiful.
7. What does Cassivelaunus do to celebrate his second victory?
(a) He marries.
(b) He goes to Rome.
(c) He holds a great feast.
(d) He takes a vacation.
8. Why are many readers already familiar with King Leir's story?
(a) He is the king in Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Due to this book.
(c) Due to Shakespeare's play, King Lear.
(d) He is the character in fairy tales.
9. Aided by a Greek man named _______________, Brutus assumes a leadership role and begins planning to undertake the freeing of the Trojan slaves.
10. At the advice of his counselors, what does Vortigern build?
(a) A castle.
(b) A ship.
(c) A large tower for himself.
(d) A cabin.
11. The child is given to a midwife and the name Brutus is bestowed upon him. What does Brutus do following the accidental slaying of his father?
(a) Finds a wife.
(b) Goes into exile.
(c) Takes care of his mother.
(d) Becomes king.
12. Vortigern ingratiates himself to the Picts, utilizing their rash temperament to his advantage to slay Constans. This event prompts what?
(a) The Britons to attack the Picts.
(b) A civil war.
(c) Aurelius and Utherpendragon to avenge their brother.
(d) The caretakers of Aurelius and Utherpendragon to flee with the small boys to Armorica.
13. At the end of the Trojan War, Aeneas flees to where?
14. Who does Aeneas marry?
(a) King Latinus' daughter, Lucia.
(b) King Latinus' daughter, Lucretia.
(c) King Latinus' daughter, Lavinia.
(d) King Latinus' daughter, Lucinda.
15. To where does Caesar retreat?
(b) The river.
(c) The forest.
(d) A tower he built in case he was forced to flee.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first part opens with a description of Britain as what?
2. Anacletus will approach the Greek encampment saying what has happened?
3. Who do Vortigern's magicians tell him to search out to help him with his building project?
4. Brutus has how many sons?
5. For how long does Madden rule?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)