|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: Arthur of Britain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aldroenus not interested in ruling Britain?
(a) Because of the powerful King.
(b) Because of its dangerous state.
(c) Because of its ruinous state.
(d) Because the people do not trust him.
2. Together Claudius and Arvirargus build what city in honor of the marriage?
3. Aurelius then turns to the pursuit of Hengist's son, Octa, who has taken refuge in York. When Octa sees Aurelius advancing toward York, what does he do?
(a) He hides in the castle.
(b) He emerges from the castle with a length of chain and gravel on his head.
(c) He attacks Aurelius' army.
(d) He attempts suicide.
4. Two years later Caesar once again gathers a fleet and sets sail for Britain. When Cassivelaunus learns of Caesar's approach, what does he do?
(a) He gathers his people for a town meeting.
(b) He evacuates the city.
(c) He garrisons his cities and has iron tipped stakes implanted in the river bed.
(d) He runs and hides.
5. Now that Vortigern is married to his daughter, Hengist counsels the King to do what?
(a) Ask Rome for assistance.
(b) Bring more Saxons into Britain.
(c) Improve Britain.
(d) Bring peace to Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caesar agrees to accept homage and tribute from Cassivelaunus after what happens?
2. Brutus secures the castle and leaves 600 soldiers to guard it while he goes out to tell the Trojan people of his recent victory. Pandrasus decides to attack the fortress by night. Is he successful in wearing down the Trojans inside?
3. Merlin further states that Aurelius is sailing toward Britain as they speak and will land when?
4. At the end of the Trojan War, Aeneas flees to where?
5. A council is convened to determine what should be done with Hengist. In the end what is decided?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)