|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: The House of Constantine (continued).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geoffrey's dedication is a request that his benefactor, Alexander, ___________________.
(a) Receive the text favorably.
(b) Financially support him.
(c) Read his book.
(d) Promote his book.
2. Aurelius then turns to the pursuit of Hengist's son, Octa, who has taken refuge in York. When Octa sees Aurelius advancing toward York, what does he do?
(a) He hides in the castle.
(b) He attacks Aurelius' army.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He emerges from the castle with a length of chain and gravel on his head.
3. What will rebuild the island, increase fortifications, and construct pathways beneath the earth?
(a) A mole.
(b) A chipmunk.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A rat.
4. When the people become bloodthirsty, one man will overthrow another and march where?
(a) To the East.
(b) To the North.
(c) To the West.
(d) To the South.
5. To what name was the Severn River changed?
(a) The Gwendolen River.
(b) The Habren River.
(c) The Madden River.
(d) The Estrildis River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gwendolen bears a son called ________________.
2. After Anacletus draws the guards away, Brutus will do what?
3. A girl from Canute's forest will arrive to do what?
4. The British people soon become afraid of the swelling number of Saxons and turn to who for aide?
5. A council is convened to determine what should be done with Hengist. In the end what is decided?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)