Dedication and Part One: Brutus Occupies the Island of Albion
1. Geoffrey's dedication is a request that his benefactor, Alexander, ___________________.
(a) Read his book.
(b) Promote his book.
(c) Financially support him.
(d) Receive the text favorably.
2. Geoffrey speaks highly of the ruler and asks that Alexander ignore what?
(a) The historical inaccuracies.
(b) The poor descriptions of the various kings.
(c) The fictional sections in the book.
(d) The base language in which Geoffrey writes.
3. The first part opens with a description of Britain as what?
(a) A busy metropolis.
(b) An idyllic island.
(c) A desolate wasteland.
(d) An ordinary island.
4. Britain boasts "_________ noble rivers."
5. Why are these rivers so important?
(a) They are a home for many wild animals.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) They supply clean water to villages.
(d) They bring goods and trade from all over the world.
6. There are ___________ races of man that populate the isle.
This section contains 5,140 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)