|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the ill man in Book 11 allegedly healed, where did the man want to make a pilgrimage to?
(a) Saint Silas' tomb.
(b) Saint Martin's tomb.
(c) The tomb where Jesus died.
(d) His parents' home.
2. How many bishops validated the right of ascendancy of Clothar?
3. What was Diana?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A saint.
(c) A miracle worker.
(d) A peasant.
4. What reaction did Gregory have to seeing a man thrown into a giant stew pot?
(a) He was relieved.
(b) He laughed.
(c) He cried.
(d) He was fearful for his own life.
5. What was Chilperic's son being called?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose loss did a prominent leader hope to seek vengeance for?
2. What journey did King Gunthram put in order?
3. In Book 9, the man was able to sense what about other people?
4. After the flood occurred, what was the second recommendation for a solution?
5. Gregory and one other man became convinced that the man Gregory had problems with was which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gregory of Tours have to say about the fear of God?
2. What happened to the woman who caught on fire, according to Gregory?
3. According to Gregory, what was the real cause of Chilperic's demise?
4. Gregory described a man whom he had many problems with. How did this man view the hierarchy of he and Gregory?
5. Besides the flood in Rome, what other disasters occurred in the same time period and location?
6. What did Gregory and some of the other men become convinced of about the man Gregory had many problems with?
7. Why did Gregory attempt to reject his promotion?
8. What is the dramatic story Gregory relayed about a young woman and one of her suitors?
9. How did the "sorcerer" come to the attention of local clerics?
10. How did Gregory intend to make the reader feel by including the details of how one man was killed and treated like an animal?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)