|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man with powers wear in Book 9?
(d) A hood.
2. Who did the man Gregory had trouble with attack?
(a) A priest.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A bishop.
3. According to Gregory, who was there a problem with after the flood?
(d) Political leaders.
4. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
(b) Horse hair.
5. In the story of the young man who gets ill enough that many think he will die, who did he call upon?
(a) Saint Martin.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Saint Silas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't a priest serve alcohol to the man Gregory worked with?
2. Who does Gregory describe as treating their own people as if they were the enemy?
3. In the first miracle story, what part of the young woman's body caught on fire?
4. In Book 9, Chapter 15, Gregory reports that the King of Spain called together which groups of people?
5. Gregory the deacon was changed to what role after the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gregory intend to make the reader feel by including the details of how one man was killed and treated like an animal?
2. According to Gregory, what was the real cause of Chilperic's demise?
3. Why did Gregory attempt to reject his promotion?
4. What environmental anecdote did Gregory reveal in Chapter 10 of Book 10?
5. How did Gregory describe the man who had the ability to sense when others spoke ill of him?
6. Who did Gregory describe as validating the right of ascendancy of Clothar?
7. How was the word 'pope' used in two different ways?
8. What happened to the man who was so ill many believed he was going to die, according to Gregory?
9. Why was Gregory the deacon uplifted to Gregory the bishop?
10. What did Gregory and some of the other men become convinced of about the man Gregory had many problems with?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)