|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Gregory of Tours revealed about King Gunthram, how many years had he been king?
2. In order for an individual to be perfect and capable of performing miracles, what did Gregory claim was needed?
(a) Fulfilling tasks set up by God.
(b) Comparing religions.
(c) Full belief.
(d) Reading religious texts.
3. Who did Gregory have a problem with?
(a) Saint Martin worshippers.
(b) Followers of the king.
(c) Followers of the queen.
(d) Diana worshippers.
4. What greatly marked the rules of conduct of Gregory's church?
(a) Gender difference.
(b) Class difference.
(c) Political difference.
(d) Social difference.
5. According to Gregory of Tours, what appeared during the flood?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A dinosaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Gregory most disappointed in the man he had problems with?
2. In the dramatic story Gregory tells of a young woman and her suitors, which of the following describes the man?
3. How did local clerics react to the "sorcerer"?
4. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
5. What was the woman in the first miracle story doing when she caught on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gregory attempt to reject his promotion?
2. What marked the rules of conduct at Saint Martin's temple by gender difference?
3. How did Gregory describe the man who had the ability to sense when others spoke ill of him?
4. What made Gregory believe that a man was a "sorcerer"?
5. How was the word 'pope' used in two different ways?
6. What did Gregory of Tours have to say about the fear of God?
7. What happened to the woman who caught on fire, according to Gregory?
8. What environmental anecdote did Gregory reveal in Chapter 10 of Book 10?
9. How did Gregory describe some of the bad political leaders during his time?
10. How did the "sorcerer" come to the attention of local clerics?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)