|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
(b) Horse hair.
2. What was the result of Gregory attempting to evade his promotion?
(a) His request to deny was accepted.
(b) His request to deny was stopped.
(c) He was banished.
(d) He was fired completely.
3. In the first miracle story, what part of the young woman's body caught on fire?
(a) Left hand.
(b) Left foot.
(c) Right hand.
(d) Right foot.
4. Gregory the deacon was changed to what role after the flood?
(a) Church follower.
5. In the second story of Book 11, how was the man believed to have been punished after taking credit for something?
(a) He was thrown from his horse.
(b) He was stripped of his riches.
(c) He was released from the church.
(d) He was killed by an enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which forest were animals free to roam in Chapter 10?
2. As described in Chapter 10, what year was Childebert in his reign?
3. How did local clerics react to the "sorcerer"?
4. What was the "last straw" at Gregory's church?
5. In order for an individual to be perfect and capable of performing miracles, what did Gregory claim was needed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gregory described a man whom he had many problems with. How did this man view the hierarchy of he and Gregory?
2. What happened to the man who was so ill many believed he was going to die, according to Gregory?
3. What marked the rules of conduct at Saint Martin's temple by gender difference?
4. What passing down of relics did Gregory describe?
5. What is the dramatic story Gregory relayed about a young woman and one of her suitors?
6. According to Gregory, what was the real cause of Chilperic's demise?
7. What made Gregory believe that a man was a "sorcerer"?
8. What environmental anecdote did Gregory reveal in Chapter 10 of Book 10?
9. How was the word 'pope' used in two different ways?
10. What did Gregory of Tours have to say about the fear of God?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)