|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is present in Chapter 10?
(a) An anecdote including environmental regulations.
(b) An anecdote including the rules of leading an army.
(c) A romantic anecdote about Gregory and his lover.
(d) An anecdote about traditions surrounding death.
2. Why did Gregory initially reject his promotion?
(a) He feared he wouuld be unpopular.
(b) He feared it would go to his head.
(c) He feared he would be unsuccessful.
(d) He feared he would be equated with God.
3. What kind of teeth was the "sorcerer" trying to sell?
4. Who did the man prone to outbursts admit he was subordinate to?
(a) The king.
(b) The priest.
5. Within how many hours was the woman who caught on fire allegedly healed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of the young man who gets ill enough that many think he will die, who did he call upon?
2. What journey did King Gunthram put in order?
3. After the ill man in Book 11 allegedly healed, where did the man want to make a pilgrimage to?
4. In the story where the woman caught on fire, what was her reaction?
5. Who did Gregory of Tours base most stories on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gregory attempt to reject his promotion?
2. How did the "sorcerer" come to the attention of local clerics?
3. What did Gregory and some of the other men become convinced of about the man Gregory had many problems with?
4. What did the man who was bucked from his horse allegedly do to deserve this?
5. What recommendations were made to cure the plague after the flood of Rome?
6. How did Gregory intend to make the reader feel by including the details of how one man was killed and treated like an animal?
7. Why did Gregory dislike Diana-worshiping?
8. Who did Gregory describe as validating the right of ascendancy of Clothar?
9. According to Gregory, what was the real cause of Chilperic's demise?
10. Why was Gregory the deacon uplifted to Gregory the bishop?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)