|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did one of Clotilda's grandson's end up with?
2. Who was visited when the healing scene occurred?
3. What else happened in the same year Gregory of Tours completed the manuscript of this book?
(a) Gregory got married.
(b) Gregory died.
(c) Gregory became bishop.
(d) Gregory had a child.
4. What were bishops considered to be?
(c) Spiritual descendants of Jesus.
5. Who overwhelmed the secular political governing officials?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action would skeptics say that "resurrection" was actually attributed to as a result of this?
2. Who had Brunhilda been married to before Merovech?
3. What relationship did Gregory have to Tours?
4. Which of Radegunda's family members died?
5. Which relationship became tension-filled with the lack of monogamy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe monogamy in Gregory of Tours' time.
2. What did Gregory of Tours mean when he said that a man became bishop after emerging from underground?
3. What items were thought to have been cures for health conditions?
4. What was the fate of Clotilda's grandsons?
5. Describe the difficulties Saint Martin faced before he became a saint.
6. What was Queen Clotilda's goal?
7. How did voting work in Gregory of Tours' time?
8. Why did people stand in the way of Clotilda's plan?
9. What delusion did Gregory of Tours dispel for readers in Book 5?
10. Which people did Gregory of Tours speak vindictively of?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)