|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Gregory of Tours' time, which of the following described the other bishops?
2. Which of the following best describes one of the bishop's backgrounds?
3. What was the name of the duke the two men wanted to attack?
(a) Duke of Cantral.
(b) Duke of Chicanso.
(c) Duke of Chantario.
(d) Duke of Champagne.
4. What relationship did Gregory have to Tours?
(a) He was the bishop.
(b) He was a resident.
(c) He was the king.
(d) He was the pope.
5. What is the significance of the introduction in The History of the Franks?
(a) It gives the reader perspective about religion during the time the book takes place.
(b) It gives the reader perspective about who the Franks were.
(c) It gives the reader perspective on the conditions surrounding the creation of the book.
(d) It gives the reader perspective surrounding Gregory of Tours and his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What years does The History of the Franks cover?
2. What action would skeptics say that "resurrection" was actually attributed to as a result of this?
3. What was Brunhilda's position?
4. Which of the following is significantly noticeable to the reader by the second book?
5. Which of the following were saints considered to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was referred to as a "cult"?
2. Describe the circumstances under which Saint Martin's church was robbed.
3. How did voting work in Gregory of Tours' time?
4. Why did people stand in the way of Clotilda's plan?
5. Describe the role of miracles in the lives of saints.
6. Which people did Gregory of Tours speak vindictively of?
7. What knowledge did Gregory of Tours have about the Old Testament and how did he show this?
8. Describe monogamy in Gregory of Tours' time.
9. What careers did Gregory of Tours have?
10. What perspective have the editors of The History of the Franks pointed out to the reader?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)