|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gregory of Tours showed a direct connection between defense of the doctrine of the Trinity and what other component?
(a) Financial glory.
(b) Military victory.
2. What is the significance of the introduction in The History of the Franks?
(a) It gives the reader perspective about religion during the time the book takes place.
(b) It gives the reader perspective on the conditions surrounding the creation of the book.
(c) It gives the reader perspective surrounding Gregory of Tours and his job.
(d) It gives the reader perspective about who the Franks were.
3. What did a man feel enter him during the healing scene?
(a) A saint.
(d) The spirit.
4. In the description of the cure assigned to one man's condition, which of the following was one of the cures?
(a) Blessed oil.
(c) Holy water.
5. What was the word Christ used as?
(a) A first name.
(b) A title.
(c) A pledge.
(d) A surname.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man with a physical ailment was told to spend time where, in order to heal?
2. Radegunda was able to obtain a husband using the association of which of the following?
3. What was Rauching's fate?
4. Between which two groups was there a civil war?
5. What is one delusion of many readers that Gregory dispels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gregory of Tours define his relationship with religion?
2. Which people did Gregory of Tours speak vindictively of?
3. Why did Queen Brunhilde disapprove of Lupus and Ursio?
4. What did Lupus and Ursio do to the Duke of Champagne, and what resulted?
5. What careers did Gregory of Tours have?
6. What knowledge did Gregory of Tours have about the Old Testament and how did he show this?
7. What items were thought to have been cures for health conditions?
8. Describe the circumstances under which Saint Martin's church was robbed.
9. What was the reception Rauching received?
10. Why did Gregory of Tours write The History of the Franks?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)