|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which chapter is dedicated to Clotilda?
(a) Chapter 4.
(b) Chapter 12.
(c) Chapter 18.
(d) Chapter 8.
2. The man with a physical ailment was told to spend time where, in order to heal?
(a) The light of a window.
(b) Inside near the fireplace.
(c) Outside under the stars.
(d) Moonlight by a river.
3. Who was thought to have given men healing powers?
(a) Gregory of Tours.
(c) The king.
(d) Saint Martin.
4. Which of the following best describes one of the bishop's backgrounds?
5. What was Cato's role?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gregory of Tours describes the man who "emerged", what type of literary device was used?
2. Which of the following is the name of the second man determined to attack a duke?
3. What does the Talmud refer to?
4. What was Merovech's relationship to Chilperic?
5. What is one delusion of many readers that Gregory dispels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difficulties Saint Martin faced before he became a saint.
2. What was referred to as a "cult"?
3. What was the fate of Clotilda's grandsons?
4. How is the word 'death' used in a way that might be confusing for modern readers?
5. Describe the role of miracles in the lives of saints.
6. Describe the letter Gregory received from another bishop as described in Book 5.
7. What was Queen Clotilda's goal?
8. Why did Gregory of Tours write The History of the Franks?
9. What was the significance of Saint Martin to Gregory of Tours?
10. Why did Queen Brunhilde disapprove of Lupus and Ursio?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)