|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language was most significant for bishops to know?
2. Between which two groups was there a civil war?
(a) Franks and Gauls.
(b) Romans and Franks.
(c) Franks and British.
(d) Gauls and Romances.
3. Which of the following was true about monarchs?
(a) Monarchs were usually enemies.
(b) Monarchs were usually ignorant of each other.
(c) Monarchs were often related to each other.
(d) Monarchs were often friends with each other.
4. Who was visited when the healing scene occurred?
5. What years does The History of the Franks cover?
(a) AD 538 to 594.
(b) AD 605 to 656.
(c) AD 0 to 68.
(d) BC 206 to 52.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rauching an example of?
2. Which word best describes Radegunda overall?
3. The man with a physical ailment was told to spend time where, in order to heal?
4. What does the Talmud refer to?
5. What was Merovech's relationship to Chilperic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gregory of Tours mean when he said that a man became bishop after emerging from underground?
2. What was referred to as a "cult"?
3. What careers did Gregory of Tours have?
4. How did Merovech disobey Chilperic?
5. Describe the circumstances under which Saint Martin's church was robbed.
6. What happened when Lupus and Ursio formed a union?
7. What was the significance of Saint Martin to Gregory of Tours?
8. Which people did Gregory of Tours speak vindictively of?
9. Why did Queen Brunhilde disapprove of Lupus and Ursio?
10. How did Cato become a bishop?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)