|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gregory attempt to evade his promotion?
(a) He betrayed the king.
(b) He began to sin.
(c) He hid.
(d) He found a new job.
2. What was the result of Gregory attempting to evade his promotion?
(a) He was fired completely.
(b) He was banished.
(c) His request to deny was accepted.
(d) His request to deny was stopped.
3. In Book 9, the man who had powers was wearing a shirt made out of what?
(a) Horse hair.
(b) Cow hair.
(c) Human hair.
(d) Goat hair.
4. In the story where the woman caught on fire, what was her reaction?
(a) She prayed.
(b) She screamed and ran for help.
(c) She took her burning hand to the Pope.
(d) She put out the fire herself.
5. In Book 9, Chapter 15, Gregory reports that the King of Spain called together which groups of people?
6. How did local clerics react to the "sorcerer"?
(a) They persecuted him.
(b) They were kind to him.
(c) They killed him.
(d) They ignored him.
7. In Book 9, the man was able to sense what about other people?
(a) When others had negative attitudes.
(b) When others were unfaithful.
(c) When others spoke of him negatively.
(d) When others were genuine or not.
8. Gregory claimed that something was the real cause of Chilperic's demise. What was it?
(a) Gregory's doing.
(b) Chilperic's own misdeeds.
(c) Clothar's doing.
(d) Natural causes.
9. According to Gregory, what culminated from the flood and other events?
(a) A hailstorm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A plague.
(d) A tornado.
10. In Book 9, which of the following words was used by Gregory to describe the man with alleged special senses?
11. Gregory and one other man became convinced that the man Gregory had problems with was which of the following?
(a) Out of favor with the saint.
(b) Unfit to be in religious society.
(c) Possessed by a demon.
(d) Angry at religion.
12. What kind of teeth was the "sorcerer" trying to sell?
13. Who reported about the "last straw" at Gregory's church?
(b) A bishop.
(c) A man.
(d) A priest.
14. According to Gregory of Tours, what appeared during the flood?
(a) A serpent.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A dinosaur.
15. Why didn't a priest serve alcohol to the man Gregory worked with?
(a) He was already angry.
(b) He was not allowed to be drinking.
(c) He was already drunk.
(d) He was sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "last straw" at Gregory's church?
2. In which forest were animals free to roam in Chapter 10?
3. After the flood occurred, what was the second recommendation for a solution?
4. For whose loss did a prominent leader hope to seek vengeance for?
5. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)