|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gregory, the real source of misbehavior of the other man came from which of the following?
(a) Insufficient love of God.
(b) Insufficient knowledge of God.
(c) Insufficient compassion for others.
(d) Insufficient fear of God.
2. Who was ultimately credited with miraculously restoring the health of the ill man in Book 11?
(a) Saint Silas.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Gregory of Tours.
3. How did Gregory attempt to evade his promotion?
(a) He began to sin.
(b) He hid.
(c) He betrayed the king.
(d) He found a new job.
4. In Book 9, Chapter 15, Gregory reports that the King of Spain called together which groups of people?
5. In Chapter 10, what animals were free to roam?
6. The man who Gregory worked with threatened him with vengeance if he regained whose favor?
(a) The priest's.
(b) The king's.
(c) The bishop's.
(d) The Lord's.
7. After the ill man in Book 11 allegedly healed, where did the man want to make a pilgrimage to?
(a) Saint Silas' tomb.
(b) The tomb where Jesus died.
(c) Saint Martin's tomb.
(d) His parents' home.
8. Who did Gregory the deacon eventually become an aide to?
(b) The pope of a small city.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The king.
9. What journey did King Gunthram put in order?
(a) To kill Chilperic's son's wife.
(b) To save a duke the two men had been harrassing.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To save Chilperic's son.
10. Why was Book 11 prepared?
(a) To serve as a textbook.
(b) To reveal factual information Gregory of Tours did not include due to religion.
(c) To contradict Gregory of Tours' point of view.
(d) To back up Gregory of Tours' point of view.
11. What was the result of Gregory attempting to evade his promotion?
(a) His request to deny was stopped.
(b) He was banished.
(c) His request to deny was accepted.
(d) He was fired completely.
12. What did the man with powers wear in Book 9?
(a) A hood.
13. In the second story of Book 11, how was the man believed to have been punished after taking credit for something?
(a) He was thrown from his horse.
(b) He was released from the church.
(c) He was killed by an enemy.
(d) He was stripped of his riches.
14. Why didn't a priest serve alcohol to the man Gregory worked with?
(a) He was already drunk.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He was already angry.
(d) He was not allowed to be drinking.
15. After the flood occurred, what was the first recommendation for a solution?
(d) Kind words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What greatly marked the rules of conduct of Gregory's church?
2. Which of the following describes the writing style Gregory of Tours used in writing The History of the Franks?
3. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
4. Which of the following is true about the reliability of Gregory of Tours when he wrote this book?
5. According to Gregory, what culminated from the flood and other events?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)