|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What journey did King Gunthram put in order?
(a) To save Chilperic's son.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To kill Chilperic's son's wife.
(d) To save a duke the two men had been harrassing.
2. In the dramatic story Gregory tells of a young woman and her suitors, what was the woman's father's former occupation?
3. In the dramatic story Gregory tells of a young woman and her suitors, which of the following describes the man?
(a) A religious figure.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A pope.
(d) A leader.
4. In Chapter 10, what animals were free to roam?
5. What kind of teeth was the "sorcerer" trying to sell?
6. In Book 9, Chapter 15, Gregory reports that the King of Spain called together which groups of people?
7. In Book 10, what city was flooded?
8. Which of the following correlations did Gregory make?
(a) Between ethical development and relationships.
(b) Between favor and secularity.
(c) Between fear and ethical development.
(d) Between fear and unruliness.
9. Which of the following is true about the reliability of Gregory of Tours when he wrote this book?
(a) Much of the truth is portrayed accurately.
(b) None of the story is true.
(c) Much of the truth is left out intentionally.
(d) Much of the truth is left out, but not deceptively.
10. Gregory claimed that something was the real cause of Chilperic's demise. What was it?
(a) Clothar's doing.
(b) Chilperic's own misdeeds.
(c) Gregory's doing.
(d) Natural causes.
11. What was the role of the man who, with the representation of a number of people, set about a grim finish by being treated like an animal?
12. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
(c) Horse hair.
13. In the story where the woman caught on fire, what was her reaction?
(a) She took her burning hand to the Pope.
(b) She screamed and ran for help.
(c) She put out the fire herself.
(d) She prayed.
14. What was the woman in the first miracle story doing when she caught on fire?
(a) Attacking an enemy.
(b) Starting a fire for warmth.
(c) Roasting a pig.
(d) Baking bread.
15. According to Gregory, what culminated from the flood and other events?
(a) A hailstorm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the man prone to outbursts admit he was subordinate to?
2. Why did Gregory initially reject his promotion?
3. For whose loss did a prominent leader hope to seek vengeance for?
4. Who was the bishop of the city that had the large flood?
5. In the story of the young man who gets ill enough that many think he will die, who did he call upon?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)