|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Gregory of Tours base most stories on?
(a) Prominent religious figures.
(c) Prominent social political leaders.
(d) Peasants and village men.
2. Why didn't a priest serve alcohol to the man Gregory worked with?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was already drunk.
(c) He was not allowed to be drinking.
(d) He was already angry.
3. What reaction did Gregory have to seeing a man thrown into a giant stew pot?
(a) He cried.
(b) He was fearful for his own life.
(c) He laughed.
(d) He was relieved.
4. Which of the following describes the writing style Gregory of Tours used in writing The History of the Franks?
5. What made Gregory most disappointed in the man he had problems with?
(a) The man was not very smart.
(b) The man did not respect the bishops.
(c) The man was too secular.
(d) The man was angry.
6. In the dramatic story Gregory tells of a young woman and her suitors, which of the following describes the man?
(a) A leader.
(b) A religious figure.
(c) A pope.
(d) An enemy.
7. Why was the King of Spain disappointed in the group of people he called together?
(a) They were not healthy enough.
(b) They were able to perform miracles.
(c) They were not religious.
(d) They were unable to perform miracles.
8. According to Gregory, what culminated from the flood and other events?
(a) A hailstorm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A plague.
9. In the story where the woman caught on fire, what was her reaction?
(a) She prayed.
(b) She screamed and ran for help.
(c) She put out the fire herself.
(d) She took her burning hand to the Pope.
10. Who was Gunthram the king of?
11. In Book 10, what city was flooded?
12. In the story about the woman and her suitors, who repelled the man's attempt to marry the woman?
(a) The man's parents.
(b) The woman's mother.
(c) The woman's father.
(d) The woman.
13. What did the man with powers wear in Book 9?
(b) A hood.
14. Who was the bishop of the city that had the large flood?
15. In Book 9, what was the "sorcerer" selling?
(a) Imitation religious relics.
(b) Religious relics.
(c) Religious texts.
(d) Imitation religious texts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gregory and one other man became convinced that the man Gregory had problems with was which of the following?
2. Which of the following describes the man who had allegedly special senses in Book 9?
3. In which forest were animals free to roam in Chapter 10?
4. Gregory claimed that something was the real cause of Chilperic's demise. What was it?
5. Who did the man prone to outbursts admit he was subordinate to?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)