|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gregory and one other man became convinced that the man Gregory had problems with was which of the following?
(a) Angry at religion.
(b) Out of favor with the saint.
(c) Unfit to be in religious society.
(d) Possessed by a demon.
2. How many bishops validated the right of ascendancy of Clothar?
3. In order for an individual to be perfect and capable of performing miracles, what did Gregory claim was needed?
(a) Reading religious texts.
(b) Full belief.
(c) Fulfilling tasks set up by God.
(d) Comparing religions.
4. In Book 9, the man was able to sense what about other people?
(a) When others were unfaithful.
(b) When others were genuine or not.
(c) When others spoke of him negatively.
(d) When others had negative attitudes.
5. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
(b) Horse hair.
6. In Book 9, the man who had powers was wearing a shirt made out of what?
(a) Human hair.
(b) Goat hair.
(c) Cow hair.
(d) Horse hair.
7. In the dramatic story Gregory tells of a young woman and her suitors, which of the following describes the man?
(a) A pope.
(b) A leader.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A religious figure.
8. At the beginning of Book 10, what was located?
(a) A village.
(b) Religious texts.
(d) The biography of a king.
9. Who did the man prone to outbursts admit he was subordinate to?
(a) The king.
(b) The priest.
10. According to Gregory, the real source of misbehavior of the other man came from which of the following?
(a) Insufficient knowledge of God.
(b) Insufficient love of God.
(c) Insufficient fear of God.
(d) Insufficient compassion for others.
11. In which forest were animals free to roam in Chapter 10?
(a) Queen's Forest.
(b) Enchanted Forest.
(c) Franks' Forest.
(d) King's Forest.
12. In the story Gregory of Tours revealed about King Gunthram, how many years had he been king?
13. In Chapter 10, what animals were free to roam?
14. Why didn't a priest serve alcohol to the man Gregory worked with?
(a) He was already drunk.
(b) He was not allowed to be drinking.
(c) He was already angry.
(d) He was sad.
15. What greatly marked the rules of conduct of Gregory's church?
(a) Social difference.
(b) Political difference.
(c) Gender difference.
(d) Class difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dramatic story Gregory tells of a young woman and her suitors, what was the woman's father's former occupation?
2. In the story about the woman and her suitors, who repelled the man's attempt to marry the woman?
3. Who was ultimately credited with miraculously restoring the health of the ill man in Book 11?
4. What was the "last straw" at Gregory's church?
5. According to Gregory, what culminated from the flood and other events?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)