|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Merovech sent to do originally by his father?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Become a bishop.
(c) Acquire a new estate.
2. Which saint was most popular near Gregory's area of guidance?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Mary.
(c) Saint Silas.
(d) Saint Martin.
3. Which of the following describes the way Rauching ruled his kingdom?
(a) Wanton and cruel.
(b) Friendly and unimposing.
(c) Vindictive and aggressive.
(d) Fair and balanced.
4. What career did Gregory of Tours first have?
5. What represented Clotilda's grandson's fate?
(a) He was never educated.
(b) His hair was shorn.
(c) His limbs were amputated.
(d) He was not considered marriage material.
6. What was the fate of Clotilda's second grandson?
(a) He was banished.
(b) He was married off.
(c) He was given a job in the stables.
(d) He was reduced to being a commoner.
7. Who did Clotilda hope to raise?
(a) Her sons.
(b) Her nephews.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her grandsons.
8. What was the role of the man who wrote to Gregory asking for an estate belonging to the territory of Tours?
9. What did the two men who planned to attack the duke use to insult Brunhilde?
(a) They claimed she had no authority.
(b) They claimed disloyalty to her and her husband.
(c) They said she was incompentent.
(d) They said she was subdominant.
10. Who had Brunhilda been married to before Merovech?
(a) Merovech's brother.
(b) Merovech's uncle.
(c) Merovech's father.
11. Which of the following describes the use of the English language in The History of Franks?
(a) It has not been altered.
(b) It has been modernized.
(c) It is casual.
(d) It is almost unreadable.
12. What was considered typical of saints?
(a) Performing miracles.
(b) Performing in plays.
(c) Acting as God.
(d) Performing surgeries.
13. What marks the beginning of each "Book"?
(b) Roman numerals.
(c) Chapter titles.
(d) Arabic numerals.
14. Who did Rauching torment?
(a) His servants.
(b) His wives.
(c) His subjects.
(d) His children.
15. What type of people did Gregory describe as standing up against bishops?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Merovech?
2. Who was thought to have given men healing powers?
3. Which of the following was a prophet reputed to control?
4. What shows how twisted a woman's culture was in Book 4?
5. Which of the following was Elias thought to control?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)