|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which saint was most popular near Gregory's area of guidance?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Saint Mary.
(c) Saint Silas.
(d) Saint Martin.
2. What type of knowledge did Gregory of Tours have knowledge of?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) Writing in prose.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) Modern science.
3. What was the term used to describe the following of different saints?
4. The drama between Chilperic and Merovech involved which of the following?
5. What shows how twisted a woman's culture was in Book 4?
(a) She wanted to become a priest, but could not.
(b) She did not value herself.
(c) She accepted her husband after he abandoned her.
(d) She was having her 20th child.
6. The man who Gregory refers to as changing his appearance did so by doing what?
(a) Buying a new wardrobe.
(c) Wearing makeup.
(d) Changing his hairstyle.
7. Between which two groups was there a civil war?
(a) Romans and Franks.
(b) Franks and British.
(c) Franks and Gauls.
(d) Gauls and Romances.
8. What was the fate of Clotilda's second grandson?
(a) He was given a job in the stables.
(b) He was banished.
(c) He was married off.
(d) He was reduced to being a commoner.
9. Which of the following is significantly noticeable to the reader by the second book?
(a) The role of holidays.
(b) The role of peasants.
(c) The role of divine magic.
(d) The role of secular poltiics.
10. Why did Gregory of Tours write this book?
(a) He was a religious man in an unreligious world.
(b) He was a literate man in an illiterate world.
(c) He was a smart man in a world of unintelligence.
(d) He was the only one who knew the real history.
11. Who broke into Saint Martin's church?
(b) Religious do-gooders.
(d) Vengeful cult members of another saint.
12. Which of the following is used to describe the man who had multiple wives?
13. When Gregory of Tours describes the man who "emerged", what type of literary device was used?
14. What was the fate of one of Clotilda's grandsons?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He was poorly educated.
(c) He became king.
(d) He was banished.
15. What did the two men who planned to attack the duke use to insult Brunhilde?
(a) They claimed disloyalty to her and her husband.
(b) They said she was subdominant.
(c) They said she was incompentent.
(d) They claimed she had no authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. The editors of the book have pointed out that this book is told from which perspective?
2. Which of the following describes the votes Cato received?
3. What was considered typical of saints?
4. Which of the following is the name of the second man determined to attack a duke?
5. Which of the following words could have been used to describe relations between monarchs?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)