|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Chilperic react to Merovech's wife?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was thrilled.
(c) He was disappointed.
(d) He was pleased.
2. What type of history is generally shown in The History of the Franks?
(a) History of saints.
(b) Old Testament.
(c) Church doctrine.
(d) History of kings and queens.
3. Who did Clotilda hope to raise?
(a) Her sons.
(b) Her nephews.
(c) Her grandsons.
(d) Her brothers.
4. What was the name of Gregory's favorite saint?
(a) Saint Salvius.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Alexander.
(d) Saint Martin.
5. What did Gregory of Tours admit to the reader?
(a) He was not mentally healthy.
(b) He was angry and vengeful.
(c) He was not always right.
(d) He was not the greatest writer.
6. What was Brunhilda's position?
7. Who was Clotilda deceived into thinking supported her?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) The aunts and uncles of the boys.
(c) Her mother and father.
(d) Her sons and daughters.
8. What did Gregory of Tours compare "the Christ" to?
(a) The Redemmer.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The Faithful.
(d) The Savior.
9. When Saint Martin was tested and mocked, what was his position?
10. Which of the following words could have been used to describe relations between monarchs?
11. What was Merovech?
12. The drama between Chilperic and Merovech involved which of the following?
13. What was Radegunda's relation to the king?
(a) His niece.
(b) His lover.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
14. According to Gregory of Tours, where did one man emerge from?
(b) The sky.
(d) His father's home.
15. When Gregory of Tours refers to the man who died, what did he actually do?
(a) Became a priest.
(b) Got married.
(c) Change careers.
(d) Had a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was used medicinally?
2. What was considered typical of saints?
3. What was Rauching's fate?
4. What language was most significant for bishops to know?
5. When Gregory of Tours describes the man who "emerged", what type of literary device was used?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)