|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were bishops considered to be?
(b) Spiritual descendants of Jesus.
2. What relationship did Gregory have to Tours?
(a) He was the pope.
(b) He was the king.
(c) He was a resident.
(d) He was the bishop.
3. Which saint was most popular near Gregory's area of guidance?
(a) Saint Martin.
(b) Saint Francis.
(c) Saint Mary.
(d) Saint Silas.
4. What else was found in the alleged sorcerer's pouch to show to to Gregory that he was a sorcerer?
(a) Horse hair.
5. What marks the beginning of each "Book"?
(a) Roman numerals.
(b) Arabic numerals.
(c) Chapter titles.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the times of Chilperic and Merovech, how were leaders selected?
2. What type of history is generally shown in The History of the Franks?
3. What was the fate of one of Clotilda's grandsons?
4. Which of the following words could have been used to describe relations between monarchs?
5. In Book 9, the man who had powers was wearing a shirt made out of what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)