|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the lifestyle changes the man with many wives made?
(a) He took a more active interest in his children.
(b) He learned many new languages.
(c) He became a priest.
(d) He rekindled a relationship with a wife he abandoned.
2. According to Gregory, the real source of misbehavior of the other man came from which of the following?
(a) Insufficient knowledge of God.
(b) Insufficient fear of God.
(c) Insufficient love of God.
(d) Insufficient compassion for others.
3. What marks the beginning of each "Book"?
(b) Chapter titles.
(c) Arabic numerals.
(d) Roman numerals.
4. Which saint was most popular near Gregory's area of guidance?
(a) Saint Martin.
(b) Saint Silas.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Saint Mary.
5. What was Brunhilde's reaction to two men who were determined to attack the duke?
(a) She chose not to take sides.
(b) She was ignorant of the issue.
(c) She defended the men.
(d) She defended the duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered typical of saints?
2. Which concept did Gregory of Tours use in reference to the man with many wives, that may confuse readers?
3. What was Cato's role?
4. Who felt threatened by Clotilda's actions?
5. Who often mocked and teased Saint Martin?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)