Introduction & Book 1
1. What relationship did Gregory have to Tours?
(a) He was a resident.
(b) He was the king.
(c) He was the pope.
(d) He was the bishop.
2. Who took over Tours?
3. During Gregory of Tours' time, which of the following described the other bishops?
4. What language was most significant for bishops to know?
5. What years does The History of the Franks cover?
(a) AD 538 to 594.
(b) AD 0 to 68.
(c) BC 206 to 52.
(d) AD 605 to 656.
6. What did Gregory of Tours admit to the reader?
(a) He was angry and vengeful.
(b) He was not always right.
(c) He was not the greatest writer.
(d) He was not mentally healthy.
7. Which of the following relationships was most significant to Gregory of Tours?
(a) His relationship with his religious diety.
(b) HIs relationship with his mother.
(c) His relationship with his wife.
(d) His relationship with the bishops.
This section contains 3,943 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)