|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Origen observed what as a child and vowed to charge headlong into the fight for the faith?
(a) The construction of churches.
(d) Religious ceremonies.
2. What happens to Licinius?
(a) He became Emperor after Constantine.
(b) He went the way of Maxentius and Maximin.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He was exiled.
3. Stephen thought innovation that defied tradition was ______________.
4. Who aided this leader in restoring peace?
5. What did Eusebius think of Constantius?
(a) He was a god.
(b) He was no different than the other emperors.
(c) He was a great emperor.
(d) He was Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maximan and Maxentius made an alliance and devoted themselves to ____________.
2. What is granted to the churches?
3. Paul of Samosata held heretical opinions, such as that Christ was what?
4. Many Christian soldiers in the Imperial Army had been _______________________ by the Emperor.
5. According to Eusebius, did human initiative bring this change about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Licinius do this?
2. How was Origen influenced by martyrdom?
3. Describe letters that Dionysius wrote.
4. Who supported Origen, his mother, and siblings?
5. What is said about narcissus?
6. What happened at the end of the tenth year?
7. Describe the rule of Maximin and Maxentius.
8. What happened when Constantius began to rule?
9. What broke out?
10. What does Eusebius say about Paul of Samosata?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)