|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Origen leave for Greece?
(a) To evangelize.
(b) To visit family.
(c) To settle important questions related to the church.
(d) To visit several Apostles.
2. The famous heretic Mani arose, announcing himself to be what?
(a) The Holy Ghost.
(d) Jesus Christ.
3. What happened to Marcella and her mother?
(a) They were poisoned.
(b) They were burned alive.
(c) They were imprisoned for life.
(d) They were exiled.
4. Origen wrote a detailed commentary on Scripture, due to what?
(a) His father's insistence.
(b) His mother's insistence.
(c) God's insistence.
(d) Ambrose's insistence.
5. Licinius dismissed who from his house and demanded demonic sacrifice?
(a) His family.
(c) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul of Samosata held heretical opinions, such as that Christ was what?
2. At this time, the empire has two junior emperors, __________________, both of which often had rights of succession.
3. What happened to the churches?
4. Where had Maxentius fortified his troops?
5. What happened to enemies of Christians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ordinances from Constantine and Licinius?
2. What is said about narcissus?
3. What happened at the end of the tenth year?
4. What does Eusebius say about martyrdoms at this time?
5. What happened when persecutions ended?
6. How did Origen influence the church?
7. Describe letters that Dionysius wrote.
8. Describe the rule of Maximin and Maxentius.
9. What happened to Decius and his sons?
10. How does Eusebius open this chapter?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)