|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Origen's family?
(a) The church.
(b) A wealthy heretic woman.
(c) The Roman government.
(d) A wealthy Christian family.
2. The churches are all reestablished and dedication ceremonies are held where?
(a) In large cathedrals.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In all the churches.
(d) In the squares.
3. Origen took up instructing the Church in Alexandria but engaged in the shocking act of ____________ and tried to hide it.
(a) Castrating himself.
4. Constantius was ___________ Christians and their doctrines.
(a) Very surprised by.
(b) Kind to.
(c) Mean to.
(d) Unsure about.
5. How did Mani imitate this man?
(a) By walking on water.
(b) By being a carpenter.
(c) By leading his people out of Egypt.
(d) By assembling twelve disciples.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he grew up, Origen was dedicated to good Christian teaching and taught ___________, a Pagan, among others.
2. Cornelius was Bishop of Rome for how many years?
3. Emperor Constantine was proclaimed what, but he followed his father's tolerance and friendliness to Christian teaching?
4. Maximin Caesar followed Alexander as Roman Emperor ___________ years after he came to power.
5. Eusebius discusses the martyrs of the day and reproduces Maximin's rescript justifying what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in this chapter?
2. What caused the persecutions to begin again?
3. What happened when persecutions ended?
4. What happened when Valerian and his son Gallienus took over the Roman government?
5. What are the ordinances from Constantine and Licinius?
6. What happened when Constantius began to rule?
7. Describe letters that Dionysius wrote.
8. What did Maximin do at this time?
9. What did Licinius do?
10. Why did Licinius do this?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)