|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Origen wrote a detailed commentary on Scripture, due to what?
(a) His father's insistence.
(b) His mother's insistence.
(c) Ambrose's insistence.
(d) God's insistence.
2. What happened to Emperor Decius and his sons?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) They were tortured.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They were exiled.
3. To whom is the book dedicated?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The Apostles.
4. What happened to enemies of Christians?
(a) They were excommunicated.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were ignored.
(d) They were forgotten.
5. Eventually persecution broke out again, with Maximin producing what?
(a) Awful blasphemes and idols.
(b) An heir to the throne.
(c) New rules and regulations.
(d) New ways to torture and kill Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cyprian, pastor of Carthage, maintained that heretics should be ___________.
2. What is granted to the churches?
3. Famine, pestilence and war struck _________________.
4. Domnus then replaced Paul. How did Paul respond?
5. When did things change for the better?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accounts of martyrdom does Eusebius describe?
2. What is said about narcissus?
3. What caused the persecutions to begin again?
4. What happened when Constantius began to rule?
5. What happened when Valerian and his son Gallienus took over the Roman government?
6. What happened when persecutions ended?
7. How does Eusebius open this chapter?
8. Describe the rule of Maximin and Maxentius.
9. How does Eusebius open this chapter?
10. How was peace restored?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)