|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eusebius think of Constantius?
(a) He was a god.
(b) He was no different than the other emperors.
(c) He was Jesus Christ.
(d) He was a great emperor.
2. Constantine was victorious over Licinius. What was Constantine determined to do?
(a) Become the most powerful Emperor.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Become the most beloved Emperor.
(d) Rescue Licinius's victims.
3. When did things change for the better?
(a) At the beginning of the tenth year.
(b) In the middle of the tenth year.
(c) At the end of the fifteenth year.
(d) At the end of the tenth year.
4. Licinius dismissed who from his house and demanded demonic sacrifice?
(a) His friends.
(b) His family.
5. Stephen thought innovation that defied tradition was ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Constantine felt __________ the Christians and took up arms against Maxentius.
2. The recantation of what spread throughout the empire?
3. What happened to Emperor Decius and his sons?
4. Maximin Caesar followed Alexander as Roman Emperor ___________ years after he came to power.
5. In a third letter to Philemon, Dionysius wrote about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about narcissus?
2. To what did Maximan and Maxentius devote themselves?
3. Describe letters that Dionysius wrote.
4. What happened to the enemies of the Christians?
5. What accounts of martyrdom does Eusebius describe?
6. How was peace restored?
7. What caused the persecutions to begin again?
8. What took place between Ambrose and Origen?
9. What happened when Constantius began to rule?
10. What are the ordinances from Constantine and Licinius?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)