|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John was confined to the Isle of __________ where he wrote Revelation.
2. First, Eusebius discusses how the apostles lived when?
(a) After the Last Supper.
(b) Before Christ's ascension.
(c) After Christ's ascension.
(d) After Christ's crucifixion.
3. In a war when Aurelius's men were parched, the Melitene Legion, who were Christians, prayed for what and God answered them?
4. Herod ordered Bethlehem destroyed, expecting what to happen?
(a) Jesus to be captured.
(b) Jesus to be killed.
(c) Jesus to be surrendered to him.
(d) God to protect him.
5. Polytheism was rejected and the gospel was preached to whom?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Apostles.
(c) The Christians.
(d) The Gentiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Alexandria Church had a strong tradition of what?
2. Christ's doctrine contains nothing _______________ and neither does his religion.
3. Apparently over ___________ Jews died, according to Eusebius all over the Roman Empire.
4. Who was Bishop of Rome after Linus?
5. Who was associated with Stoicism and had traveled the world, even to India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Herod do regarding the news of Christ's birth? How did this affect him and his family?
2. Describe Christian doctrines, according to Eusebius.
3. What does Eusebius say about Josephus?
4. Who was Simon the Magus?
5. What did the Jews do to the Christians?
6. What is the great debate with Marcion?
7. What does Eusebius say about the Gospels?
8. Describe Philo.
9. Who are the apostles that Eusebius lists who were scattered throughout the world? What does the author say about these men?
10. When was Christ recorded? How was this affirmed?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)