|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eusebius will begin with the story of whom?
2. _______ had numerous martyrs.
3. After whom did Vespasian become Emperor?
4. Alcibiades lived in extreme poverty. What did he do later?
(a) Convinced others to join him.
(b) Gave this up.
(c) Died from illness.
(d) Regretted this decision.
5. Apparently over ___________ Jews died, according to Eusebius all over the Roman Empire.
(a) One million.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) One billion.
(d) One trillion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vespasian try to wipe out?
2. In Hardian's _____________ year of ruling, the war came to a head and the Jews were forced into Diaspora.
3. Herod, as many know, heard of Christ's birth from whom and sought to have him killed?
4. Hadrian prevented Christians from what?
5. The Alexandria Church had a strong tradition of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eusebius say about Polycarp?
2. What were Christ's predictions that Eusebius said came to pass as He had foretold?
3. Who was Simon the Magus?
4. What happened under Claudius' reign? How was this predicted?
5. What does Eusebius say about Justin's martyrdom? What else does Eusebius say about Justin?
6. What does Eusebius say about Josephus?
7. Name two heretics mentioned in the last chapter. What is significant about these two?
8. Describe Christian doctrines, according to Eusebius.
9. What is said about Alcibiades?
10. What did Herod do regarding the news of Christ's birth? How did this affect him and his family?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)