|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polytheism was rejected and the gospel was preached to whom?
(a) The Christians.
(b) The Apostles.
(c) The Gentiles.
(d) The Jews.
2. The Romans changed Jerusalem's name to _______ and the Church was composed of Gentiles.
3. Soon after Christ's death, ___________ was martyred, the first Christian to die for Christ.
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Joseph.
(c) St. Francis.
(d) St. Stephen.
4. Alcibiades, Montanus and Theodotus gained a reputation for ____________.
(b) Causing fear.
5. After whom did Vespasian become Emperor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Hadrianus a document defending his religion against its accusers?
2. Even in the twelfth generation, believers still exercised what?
3. The first pages are full of Old Testament exegesis intended to show what?
4. He cites Christ's greatness and claims _____________________ points towards this.
5. First, Eusebius discusses how the apostles lived when?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name two heretics mentioned in the last chapter. What is significant about these two?
2. How does Eusebius affirm Christ's lineage to be correct?
3. What does Eusebius first discuss in this chapter?
4. Who was Simon the Magus?
5. What still takes place in the twelfth century? What has changed?
6. Who was Pantaenus?
7. Who are the apostles that Eusebius lists who were scattered throughout the world? What does the author say about these men?
8. When was Christ recorded? How was this affirmed?
9. What does Eusebius say about Josephus?
10. What does Eusebius affirm through Christ?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)