|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herod, as many know, heard of Christ's birth from whom and sought to have him killed?
(b) The three wise men.
(c) The shepherds.
(d) The angel Gabriel.
2. _______ had numerous martyrs.
3. The Romans changed Jerusalem's name to _______ and the Church was composed of Gentiles.
4. He cites Christ's greatness and claims _____________________ points towards this.
(a) The New Testament.
(b) The Gnostic Gospels.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
5. Philo became known as a great scholar during this time and lived where?
(a) In Rome.
(b) In Alexandria.
(c) In Jerusalem.
(d) In Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. First, Eusebius discusses how the apostles lived when?
2. Prophesy and _______ persist.
3. Who was the Bishop of Rome following Paul and Peter?
4. After whom did Vespasian become Emperor?
5. Primus, the fourth from the apostles, became the Bishop of ______________, twelve years into Trajan's reign.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Pantaenus?
2. What does Eusebius say about Josephus?
3. Who was Simon the Magus?
4. What does Eusebius say about Justin's martyrdom? What else does Eusebius say about Justin?
5. When was Christ recorded? How was this affirmed?
6. What did Herod do regarding the news of Christ's birth? How did this affect him and his family?
7. What happened under Claudius' reign? How was this predicted?
8. What happened in Hardian's eighteenth year of ruling?
9. What does Eusebius first discuss in this chapter?
10. What does Eusebius say about the Gospels?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)