|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christ's doctrine contains nothing _______________ and neither does his religion.
(d) Novel or strange.
2. First, Eusebius discusses how the apostles lived when?
(a) After the Last Supper.
(b) Before Christ's ascension.
(c) After Christ's crucifixion.
(d) After Christ's ascension.
3. Hegesippus was prominent in fighting what?
(a) The Great Crusade.
(b) The heresies.
(c) The Jews.
(d) Devil worship.
4. _______ had numerous martyrs.
5. Who still persecuted the Church and the disciples of Jesus had been dispersed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Marcus Aurelius reigned for how many years?
2. Under whose reign did famine come to the empire?
3. Even in the twelfth generation, believers still exercised what?
4. Bishop Theophilus of Antioch wrote _________ rudimentary treatises.
5. Eusebius will begin with the story of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name two heretics mentioned in the last chapter. What is significant about these two?
2. What happened in Hardian's eighteenth year of ruling?
3. Who are the apostles that Eusebius lists who were scattered throughout the world? What does the author say about these men?
4. What does Eusebius say about Justin's martyrdom? What else does Eusebius say about Justin?
5. What does the author say about Peter and Mark?
6. What did Herod do regarding the news of Christ's birth? How did this affect him and his family?
7. Who was Simon the Magus?
8. What did Quadratus send Hadrianus? What did Aristedes leave behind?
9. When was Christ recorded? How was this affirmed?
10. What does Eusebius say about Gaul?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)