|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He ________________ various traditional Christian doctrines, that Christ is the son of God sent into the world to redeem mankind and so on.
2. Who was Bishop of Rome after Linus?
3. Hadrian prevented Christians from what?
(a) Marrying outside of the faith.
(b) Being executed without trial.
(c) Being put on trial.
(d) Basic rights.
4. He notes that many of the Apostles were ______________, such as Peter and Philip.
5. Where did Bardaisan the Syrian fight heretics?
(a) In Greece.
(b) In Mesopotamia.
(c) In Hungary.
(d) In Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke was Paul's companion during this time and wrote both _________________.
2. Where was Dionysius the Areopagite Paul's first convert?
3. Apparently over ___________ Jews died, according to Eusebius all over the Roman Empire.
4. Bishop Theophilus of Antioch wrote _________ rudimentary treatises.
5. Justin the Philosopher was martyred in Rome due to ____________ who devised a plot against him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Herod do regarding the news of Christ's birth? How did this affect him and his family?
2. What does Eusebius affirm through Christ?
3. Who was Pantaenus?
4. What is the great debate with Marcion?
5. What did having a foreign king do to the Jewish people?
6. What does Eusebius say about Justin's martyrdom? What else does Eusebius say about Justin?
7. When was Christ recorded? How was this affirmed?
8. What does Eusebius say about Polycarp?
9. What did Quadratus send Hadrianus? What did Aristedes leave behind?
10. What happened in Hardian's eighteenth year of ruling?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)