|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Origen wrote a detailed commentary on Scripture, due to what?
(a) His mother's insistence.
(b) Ambrose's insistence.
(c) His father's insistence.
(d) God's insistence.
2. Most of these persecutions occurred ___________.
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) In Budapest.
(c) In Cairo.
(d) In Alexandria.
3. What did he say must be done with Christians?
(a) They must be imprisoned or killed.
(b) They must be exiled.
(c) They must be converted.
(d) They must be tortured.
4. Many bishops ___________ Origen.
(c) Worried about.
5. Who was responsible for much of this persecution?
(d) Gordian I .
6. What happened to Diocletian before Maximian replaced him?
(a) He became mad.
(b) He asked the Christians for forgiveness.
(c) He became depressed.
(d) He converted to Christianity.
7. Eusebius ends the chapter in an appendix discussing ____________.
(a) These Christian soldiers.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Emperor.
8. Origen observed what as a child and vowed to charge headlong into the fight for the faith?
(a) The construction of churches.
(d) Religious ceremonies.
9. Dionysius wrote a letter to Stephen on what?
(b) The Eucharist.
10. Licinius was jealous of the Church. Why?
(a) Prayers were not offered on his behalf.
(b) He wanted to be a Bishop.
(c) He wanted the Church's power.
(d) No money was given to him.
11. Eusebius covers Dionysius's views on what festival?
12. Emperor Constantine was proclaimed what, but he followed his father's tolerance and friendliness to Christian teaching?
(a) God Himself.
(b) Supreme Ruler and God Himself.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) Supreme Ruler.
13. When did things change for the better?
(a) At the end of the tenth year.
(b) At the beginning of the tenth year.
(c) In the middle of the tenth year.
(d) At the end of the fifteenth year.
14. Maximin defended his actions in what?
(a) A dishonest letter.
(b) A dishonest speech.
(c) An honest letter.
(d) An honest speech.
15. Famine, pestilence and war struck _________________.
(a) Slowly one after another.
(b) Quckly all at once.
(c) Quickly one after another.
(d) Slowly all at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the persecutions ended, the churches overflowed with parishioners. How did this affect the non-believers?
2. Who is the Bishop of Tyre?
3. Eusebius recounts the deaths of whom?
4. Constantius was ___________ Christians and their doctrines.
5. Eusebius reproduces the imperial ordinances from whom?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)