|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many bishops ___________ Origen.
(d) Worried about.
2. Origen was born _______ years after Severus became Roman Emperor.
3. Licinius dismissed who from his house and demanded demonic sacrifice?
(b) His friends.
(d) His family.
4. Eusebius reproduces the imperial ordinances from whom?
(a) Crispus and Constantine.
(b) Constantius and Licinius.
(c) Constantius and Crispus.
(d) Constantine and Licinius.
5. Stephen thought innovation that defied tradition was ______________.
6. Licininus was envious of his master _______________ and launched an "unholy, all-out war against him."
(b) Jesus Christ.
7. A period of persecution lasted ______ years.
8. What happened to Emperor Decius and his sons?
(a) They were tortured.
(b) They were imprisoned.
(c) They were exiled.
(d) They were murdered.
9. Dionysius points out that since the persecutions died down, what had died along also?
(a) Any controversy to the church.
(b) The control of the Roman government.
(c) Novatus's heresy.
(d) All heresies.
10. Famine, pestilence and war struck _________________.
(a) Quckly all at once.
(b) Slowly one after another.
(c) Slowly all at once.
(d) Quickly one after another.
11. To whom is the book dedicated?
(a) The Apostles.
(c) Jesus Christ.
12. As the persecutions ended, the churches overflowed with parishioners. How did this affect the non-believers?
(a) They were unsure and angry.
(b) They were embarrassed.
(c) They were amazed and many converted.
(d) They were worried.
13. A fight had sprung up over the issue of whether those people who abandoned a heresy should be __________.
(d) Receive the Eucharist.
14. Eusebius will draw primarily from ____________, the Bishop of Alexandria, for his history of the period between Gallus and Gallienus.
15. Narcissus is thought to have wrought many __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is granted to the churches?
2. Maximin could not tolerate an end to persecution for longer than ___________ months.
3. Dionysius wrote a letter to Stephen on what?
4. Who persecuted the Church in his time, which produced further "glorious" martyrdoms?
5. What happened to the churches?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)