|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The churches are all reestablished and dedication ceremonies are held where?
(a) In all the churches.
(b) In large cathedrals.
(c) In the streets.
(d) In the squares.
2. Why did Origen leave for Greece?
(a) To evangelize.
(b) To settle important questions related to the church.
(c) To visit several Apostles.
(d) To visit family.
3. What does Eusebius instruct Paulinus to do?
(a) Hide the book.
(b) Print the book.
(c) Put the seal on the book.
(d) Give copies of the book to the church leaders.
4. Constantine felt __________ the Christians and took up arms against Maxentius.
(a) Anger against.
(b) Worry for.
(c) Pity for.
(d) Unsure about.
5. The tyrant had to fight a war against the ________________, who were Christians.
6. Constantius was ___________ Christians and their doctrines.
(a) Very surprised by.
(b) Mean to.
(c) Unsure about.
(d) Kind to.
7. Licinius was jealous of the Church. Why?
(a) He wanted to be a Bishop.
(b) Prayers were not offered on his behalf.
(c) No money was given to him.
(d) He wanted the Church's power.
8. Emperor Constantine was proclaimed what, but he followed his father's tolerance and friendliness to Christian teaching?
(a) God Himself.
(b) Supreme Ruler and God Himself.
(c) Supreme Ruler.
(d) Jesus Christ.
9. A fight had sprung up over the issue of whether those people who abandoned a heresy should be __________.
(c) Receive the Eucharist.
10. Maximan and Maxentius made an alliance and devoted themselves to ____________.
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) Bringing peace to the empire.
(d) Protecting Christians.
11. The recantation of what spread throughout the empire?
12. What was happening to the people at this time?
(a) Everyone hid.
(b) Everyone begged and starved to death.
(c) Everyone immigrated to other countries.
(d) Everyone was being tortured.
13. In a third letter to Philemon, Dionysius wrote about what?
(a) The destruction of the church by heretics.
(b) The end of the heresy.
(c) The origins of the heresy.
(d) The details of the heresy.
14. Where had Maxentius fortified his troops?
(a) In Brittany.
(b) In Gaul.
(c) In Italy.
(d) In Germany.
15. Eventually persecution broke out again, with Maximin producing what?
(a) An heir to the throne.
(b) New rules and regulations.
(c) Awful blasphemes and idols.
(d) New ways to torture and kill Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eusebius covers Dionysius's views on what festival?
2. A period of persecution lasted ______ years.
3. The Emperor then _____________ his crimes against Christians.
4. What happened to Diocletian before Maximian replaced him?
5. Origen aimed to translate what?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)