|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dionysius affirms the canonicity of __________ against many Christian critics.
(b) The Psalms.
(d) The Book of Ruth.
2. Stephen thought innovation that defied tradition was ______________.
3. What happened to the churches?
(a) They were forgotten.
(b) They were remodeled.
(c) They were reestablished.
(d) They were destroyed.
4. What happened to Marcella and her mother?
(a) They were imprisoned for life.
(b) They were exiled.
(c) They were burned alive.
(d) They were poisoned.
5. Licinius plotted against the Bishops and did what with the most influential one?
(a) He put him to death.
(b) He tortured him.
(c) He destroyed his reputation.
(d) He exiled him.
6. Famine, pestilence and war struck _________________.
(a) Slowly all at once.
(b) Slowly one after another.
(c) Quckly all at once.
(d) Quickly one after another.
7. Eusebius recounts the deaths of whom?
(a) The Christians.
(b) The Bishops.
(c) The tyrants.
(d) The Apostles.
8. Constantine felt __________ the Christians and took up arms against Maxentius.
(a) Anger against.
(b) Pity for.
(c) Unsure about.
(d) Worry for.
9. The churches are all reestablished and dedication ceremonies are held where?
(a) In all the churches.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In large cathedrals.
(d) In the squares.
10. Who persecuted the Church in his time, which produced further "glorious" martyrdoms?
11. What does the ordinance do?
(a) It protects the Bible and all churches.
(b) It begins persecution of non-Christians.
(c) It protects Christians from persecution.
(d) It begins the Crusades.
12. Eusebius covers Dionysius's views on what festival?
13. Eventually persecution broke out again, with Maximin producing what?
(a) New rules and regulations.
(b) An heir to the throne.
(c) Awful blasphemes and idols.
(d) New ways to torture and kill Christians.
14. Eusebius discusses the martyrs of the day and reproduces Maximin's rescript justifying what?
(a) His purpose as a ruler.
(b) His persecution of Christians.
(c) His change in ideas.
(d) His Christian beliefs.
15. Maximan and Maxentius made an alliance and devoted themselves to ____________.
(a) Protecting Christians.
(b) Bringing peace to the empire.
(d) Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Origen was born _______ years after Severus became Roman Emperor.
2. Constantius was ___________ Christians and their doctrines.
3. Who was responsible for much of this persecution?
4. Many bishops ___________ Origen.
5. Origen took up instructing the Church in Alexandria but engaged in the shocking act of ____________ and tried to hide it.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)