|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who still persecuted the Church and the disciples of Jesus had been dispersed?
2. Polycarp died a martyr and his martyrdom was unusually powerful. He was burned alive but for a time ________________.
(a) Resisted the fire and glowed from it.
(b) Sang to God.
(c) Prayed out loud.
3. Mark follows Eumenes as what?
(a) Bishop of Athens.
(b) Bishop of Rome.
(c) Bishop of Alexandria.
(d) Bishop of Cairo.
4. Julian became Archbishop of ___________ following Agrippinus.
5. Prophesy and _______ persist.
(d) The raising of the dead.
6. He notes that many of the Apostles were ______________, such as Peter and Philip.
7. Who was associated with Stoicism and had traveled the world, even to India?
(d) Phaedo of Elis.
8. Who sent Hadrianus a document defending his religion against its accusers?
9. The Romans changed Jerusalem's name to _______ and the Church was composed of Gentiles.
10. Whose capital cities are Lyons and Vienne on the Rhone?
11. Alcibiades, Montanus and Theodotus gained a reputation for ____________.
(b) Causing fear.
12. Eusebius claims that only Peter's ________ epistle is undoubtedly genuine.
13. Simon apparently originated what?
(a) The Eucharist.
(b) One heresy.
(c) Every heresy.
(d) Every sin.
14. Where did Bardaisan the Syrian fight heretics?
(a) In Hungary.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) In Mesopotamia.
(d) In Greece.
15. Simon the _________ came to Rome during this time and led many people astray; people claimed he could work magic and was regarded as a god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Herod, as many know, heard of Christ's birth from whom and sought to have him killed?
2. Eusebius then describes the heresies of ____________, the successor to Simon the Magus, the heresies of Cerinthus, and Nicolaus from the Ebionite Sect.
3. Gaius was next Caesar and appointed who ruler of the Jews?
4. Eusebius affirms the authorship of the Gospels and argues that the writers were _____________________.
5. Polytheism was rejected and the gospel was preached to whom?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)