|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apparently over ___________ Jews died, according to Eusebius all over the Roman Empire.
(a) One million.
(b) One billion.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) One trillion.
2. Herod at the time was the first _____________ of the Jewish people, which fulfills a Mosaic prophesy.
(a) Foreign king.
(c) Jewish king.
3. Many writings were accepted as ______.
4. The Roman senate considered recognizing Jesus as what?
(a) A sinner.
(b) An angel.
(c) A god.
(d) A criminal.
5. Alcibiades, Montanus and Theodotus gained a reputation for ____________.
(d) Causing fear.
6. Could these Christians raise the dead through prayer as the apostles did?
7. The story of Christ's ascension spread across the world ____________.
(d) Somewhat quickly.
8. Christ was recorded in the census of Augustus's _______________ year as Caesar, twenty-eight years after the conquest of Egypt and the death of Antony and Cleopatra.
9. The Jews fought under _______, a bloodthirsty bandit, against their rulers.
(b) Bar Cochba.
(c) Nittai of Arbela.
(d) Jose ben Joezer.
10. Who sent Hadrianus a document defending his religion against its accusers?
11. Eusebius affirms the authorship of the Gospels and argues that the writers were _____________________.
(a) All Apostles.
(b) Jesus' family members.
(d) Either eyewitnesses or associates with eyewitnesses.
12. Eusebius will demonstrate both the divine and ______________ features of Christian origins.
13. In a war when Aurelius's men were parched, the Melitene Legion, who were Christians, prayed for what and God answered them?
14. He cites Christ's greatness and claims _____________________ points towards this.
(a) The New Testament.
(b) The Old Testament.
(c) The Gnostic Gospels.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
15. In Hardian's _____________ year of ruling, the war came to a head and the Jews were forced into Diaspora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul wrote ___________ epistles, although some rejected Hebrews due to the testimony of the Roman Church.
2. Who did Vespasian try to wipe out?
3. Herod paid a terrible price afterward. What was that price?
4. Where was Dionysius the Areopagite Paul's first convert?
5. Who still persecuted the Church and the disciples of Jesus had been dispersed?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)