|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christ's doctrine contains nothing _______________ and neither does his religion.
(a) Novel or strange.
2. The Jews were ruthlessly persecuted by who?
3. Christ was recorded in the census of Augustus's _______________ year as Caesar, twenty-eight years after the conquest of Egypt and the death of Antony and Cleopatra.
4. He discovered that ____________ had preached in India and that some had copies of the Scriptures.
5. Paul wrote ___________ epistles, although some rejected Hebrews due to the testimony of the Roman Church.
6. Apparently over ___________ Jews died, according to Eusebius all over the Roman Empire.
(a) One billion.
(b) One trillion.
(c) One million.
(d) One hundred thousand.
7. Even in the twelfth generation, believers still exercised what?
(a) Miraculous powers.
(b) The ability to see God.
(c) The ability to raise the dead.
8. _______ had numerous martyrs.
9. John was confined to the Isle of __________ where he wrote Revelation.
10. Everyone who sought to have Christ killed eventually __________.
(b) Was victorious.
(c) Pleaded guilty.
11. Eusebius then describes the heresies of ____________, the successor to Simon the Magus, the heresies of Cerinthus, and Nicolaus from the Ebionite Sect.
(a) Neanderthall the probable.
(b) Nederlander the invincible.
(c) Menander the impossible.
(d) Menander the impostor.
12. There is _________ evidence of the succession of bishops in Jerusalem.
13. In a war when Aurelius's men were parched, the Melitene Legion, who were Christians, prayed for what and God answered them?
14. Mark follows Eumenes as what?
(a) Bishop of Athens.
(b) Bishop of Rome.
(c) Bishop of Alexandria.
(d) Bishop of Cairo.
15. What did Paul's preaching to the Gentiles lay the foundations for?
(a) The churches inside Jerusalem.
(b) The churches inside Rome.
(c) The churches outside Rome.
(d) The churches outside Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vespasian try to wipe out?
2. Irenaeus wrote a commentary on what that Eusebius covers?
3. Eusebius claims that only Peter's ________ epistle is undoubtedly genuine.
4. He ________________ various traditional Christian doctrines, that Christ is the son of God sent into the world to redeem mankind and so on.
5. Who was associated with Stoicism and had traveled the world, even to India?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)