|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul's preaching to the Gentiles lay the foundations for?
(a) The churches outside Rome.
(b) The churches inside Jerusalem.
(c) The churches outside Jerusalem.
(d) The churches inside Rome.
2. Who did Josephus seek to write a whole history of?
(a) The Jewish people.
(b) The Christian people.
(c) The Muslim people.
(d) The Hindu people.
3. First, Eusebius discusses how the apostles lived when?
(a) After Christ's crucifixion.
(b) Before Christ's ascension.
(c) After Christ's ascension.
(d) After the Last Supper.
4. Christ's doctrine contains nothing _______________ and neither does his religion.
(b) Novel or strange.
5. Hadrian prevented Christians from what?
(a) Being executed without trial.
(b) Marrying outside of the faith.
(c) Basic rights.
(d) Being put on trial.
6. Herod at the time was the first _____________ of the Jewish people, which fulfills a Mosaic prophesy.
(a) Foreign king.
(b) Jewish king.
7. Alcibiades lived in extreme poverty. What did he do later?
(a) Regretted this decision.
(b) Died from illness.
(c) Gave this up.
(d) Convinced others to join him.
8. At the start of the first chapter, Eusebius discloses what?
(a) He is not a Christian.
(b) His plan for the future of the church.
(c) His plan for his history of the church.
(d) He may not be completely accurate in his telling of the history of the church.
9. Paul wrote ___________ epistles, although some rejected Hebrews due to the testimony of the Roman Church.
10. Herod ordered Bethlehem destroyed, expecting what to happen?
(a) Jesus to be captured.
(b) Jesus to be killed.
(c) Jesus to be surrendered to him.
(d) God to protect him.
11. Eusebius then describes the heresies of ____________, the successor to Simon the Magus, the heresies of Cerinthus, and Nicolaus from the Ebionite Sect.
(a) Nederlander the invincible.
(b) Neanderthall the probable.
(c) Menander the impostor.
(d) Menander the impossible.
12. Who sent Hadrianus a document defending his religion against its accusers?
13. Many writings were accepted as ______.
14. Mark is thought to have established the Church where?
(a) In Rome.
(b) In Jerusalem.
(c) In Alexandria.
(d) In Athens.
15. Marcus Aurelius reigned for how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Primus, the fourth from the apostles, became the Bishop of ______________, twelve years into Trajan's reign.
2. After whom did Vespasian become Emperor?
3. Luke was Paul's companion during this time and wrote both _________________.
4. Persecution of the Church flared up and many martyrs _________.
5. What event closes the chapter?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)