|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is _________ evidence of the succession of bishops in Jerusalem.
2. Who was the Syrian governor?
(a) Aemilius Scaurus.
(b) Marcius Philippus.
3. Who else also left behind a defense of the faith?
4. _______ had numerous martyrs.
5. The author does not believe these discrepancies because one genealogy traces Christ's lineage by _________ and the other by nature.
6. Christ's doctrine contains nothing _______________ and neither does his religion.
(b) Novel or strange.
7. Eusebius then describes the heresies of ____________, the successor to Simon the Magus, the heresies of Cerinthus, and Nicolaus from the Ebionite Sect.
(a) Menander the impostor.
(b) Neanderthall the probable.
(c) Nederlander the invincible.
(d) Menander the impossible.
8. Hadrian prevented Christians from what?
(a) Being put on trial.
(b) Marrying outside of the faith.
(c) Being executed without trial.
(d) Basic rights.
9. Herod, as many know, heard of Christ's birth from whom and sought to have him killed?
(a) The shepherds.
(b) The three wise men.
(c) The angel Gabriel.
10. Mark follows Eumenes as what?
(a) Bishop of Athens.
(b) Bishop of Rome.
(c) Bishop of Alexandria.
(d) Bishop of Cairo.
11. Polytheism was rejected and the gospel was preached to whom?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Gentiles.
(c) The Christians.
(d) The Apostles.
12. He discovered that ____________ had preached in India and that some had copies of the Scriptures.
13. Where did Peter end his days as did Paul?
(a) In Alexandria.
(b) In Rome.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Athens.
14. Tiberius died after _____________ years in power in 37 A.D.
15. In Book 2, Eusebius has compiled the works of Clement, Tertullian, Josephus and __________ to tell a story about the time between Tiberius and Nero Caesar, which covers the period from the appointment of Matthias to replace Judas to the deaths of Peter and Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman senate considered recognizing Jesus as what?
2. Cerdo introduced the ___________ heresy.
3. Hegesippus was prominent in fighting what?
4. Philo became known as a great scholar during this time and lived where?
5. What did Bardaisan the Syrian doubt?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)