|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Peace and Recovery of the Church.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maxentius ordered the Christian persecutions to _______ when he was Emperor.
(a) Slow down.
2. Origen aimed to translate what?
(a) The Quran.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) The New Testament.
3. Licinius plotted against the Bishops and did what with the most influential one?
(a) He destroyed his reputation.
(b) He tortured him.
(c) He exiled him.
(d) He put him to death.
4. Irenaeus wrote a commentary on what that Eusebius covers?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Holy Scriptures.
(c) The New Testament.
(d) The Quran.
5. Hadrian prevented Christians from what?
(a) Marrying outside of the faith.
(b) Being put on trial.
(c) Basic rights.
(d) Being executed without trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this time, the lineage of the Jerusalem _______________ was rediscovered.
2. The Emperor commands a second synod for what reason?
3. Who was the Bishop of Rome following Paul and Peter?
4. Eusebius discusses the martyrs of the day and reproduces Maximin's rescript justifying what?
5. What happens to Licinius?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)