|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Gallus to Gallienus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herod, as many know, heard of Christ's birth from whom and sought to have him killed?
(a) The shepherds.
(c) The angel Gabriel.
(d) The three wise men.
2. In a third letter to Philemon, Dionysius wrote about what?
(a) The end of the heresy.
(b) The details of the heresy.
(c) The origins of the heresy.
(d) The destruction of the church by heretics.
3. Dionysius then wrote another letter, recording whose view?
(b) His own.
4. He cites Christ's greatness and claims _____________________ points towards this.
(a) The Gnostic Gospels.
(b) The Old Testament.
(c) The New Testament.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
5. Alexander claims Narcissus lived to be how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornelius was Bishop of Rome for how many years?
2. In Book 2, Eusebius has compiled the works of Clement, Tertullian, Josephus and __________ to tell a story about the time between Tiberius and Nero Caesar, which covers the period from the appointment of Matthias to replace Judas to the deaths of Peter and Paul.
3. Only as of late, in Eusebius's time, have Christians become what?
4. Herod paid a terrible price afterward. What was that price?
5. Who helped Origen's family?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)