|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Gallus to Gallienus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul of Samosata had to be dealt with; the Bishops met at a synod, discussing his heresies, and decided to do what to him?
(a) Excommunicate him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Kill him.
2. What did Bardaisan the Syrian doubt?
(a) The death of Christ.
(b) The resurrection of the body.
(c) Christ as a man.
(d) The three days between Christ's death and resurrection.
3. Whose capital cities are Lyons and Vienne on the Rhone?
4. Even in the twelfth generation, believers still exercised what?
(a) Miraculous powers.
(b) The ability to raise the dead.
(d) The ability to see God.
5. In a third letter to Philemon, Dionysius wrote about what?
(a) The destruction of the church by heretics.
(b) The end of the heresy.
(c) The origins of the heresy.
(d) The details of the heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philo could hold his own with anyone and was a great fan of who?
2. Origen wrote a detailed commentary on Scripture, due to what?
3. The story of Christ's ascension spread across the world ____________.
4. Christ's doctrine contains nothing _______________ and neither does his religion.
5. Who else also left behind a defense of the faith?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)