|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Vespasian to Trajan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herod ordered Bethlehem destroyed, expecting what to happen?
(a) God to protect him.
(b) Jesus to be surrendered to him.
(c) Jesus to be captured.
(d) Jesus to be killed.
2. At the start of the first chapter, Eusebius discloses what?
(a) He is not a Christian.
(b) His plan for his history of the church.
(c) He may not be completely accurate in his telling of the history of the church.
(d) His plan for the future of the church.
3. Who did Vespasian try to wipe out?
(a) The entire Davidic line.
(b) The entire Jewish population.
(c) All Roman rulers.
(d) The Roman people.
4. Gaius was next Caesar and appointed who ruler of the Jews?
5. Herod, as many know, heard of Christ's birth from whom and sought to have him killed?
(a) The three wise men.
(b) The angel Gabriel.
(c) The shepherds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Bishop of Rome following Paul and Peter?
2. The Roman senate considered recognizing Jesus as what?
3. Apparently over ___________ Jews died, according to Eusebius all over the Roman Empire.
4. John was confined to the Isle of __________ where he wrote Revelation.
5. Who was Bishop of Rome after Linus?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)