|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Vespasian to Trajan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 2, Eusebius has compiled the works of Clement, Tertullian, Josephus and __________ to tell a story about the time between Tiberius and Nero Caesar, which covers the period from the appointment of Matthias to replace Judas to the deaths of Peter and Paul.
2. Eusebius then describes the heresies of ____________, the successor to Simon the Magus, the heresies of Cerinthus, and Nicolaus from the Ebionite Sect.
(a) Menander the impostor.
(b) Menander the impossible.
(c) Nederlander the invincible.
(d) Neanderthall the probable.
3. Herod paid a terrible price afterward. What was that price?
(a) The death of Jesus.
(b) The murder of his wife and children, among other things.
(c) The loss of his power.
(d) His own death.
4. He cites Christ's greatness and claims _____________________ points towards this.
(a) The New Testament.
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) The Gnostic Gospels.
(d) The Old Testament.
5. Christ was recorded in the census of Augustus's _______________ year as Caesar, twenty-eight years after the conquest of Egypt and the death of Antony and Cleopatra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Herod ordered Bethlehem destroyed, expecting what to happen?
2. The author does not believe these discrepancies because one genealogy traces Christ's lineage by _________ and the other by nature.
3. Under whose reign did famine come to the empire?
4. Who did Josephus seek to write a whole history of?
5. First, Eusebius discusses how the apostles lived when?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)