|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Vespasian to Trajan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He ________________ various traditional Christian doctrines, that Christ is the son of God sent into the world to redeem mankind and so on.
2. Eusebius claims that only Peter's ________ epistle is undoubtedly genuine.
3. Christ was recorded in the census of Augustus's _______________ year as Caesar, twenty-eight years after the conquest of Egypt and the death of Antony and Cleopatra.
4. Eusebius will demonstrate both the divine and ______________ features of Christian origins.
5. At the start of the first chapter, Eusebius discloses what?
(a) His plan for the future of the church.
(b) He is not a Christian.
(c) His plan for his history of the church.
(d) He may not be completely accurate in his telling of the history of the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. He notes that many of the Apostles were ______________, such as Peter and Philip.
2. Philo became known as a great scholar during this time and lived where?
3. Tiberius died after _____________ years in power in 37 A.D.
4. Paul wrote ___________ epistles, although some rejected Hebrews due to the testimony of the Roman Church.
5. Soon after Christ's death, ___________ was martyred, the first Christian to die for Christ.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)