|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Severus to Decius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent Hadrianus a document defending his religion against its accusers?
2. What did Bardaisan the Syrian doubt?
(a) The death of Christ.
(b) The resurrection of the body.
(c) The three days between Christ's death and resurrection.
(d) Christ as a man.
3. The Jews fought under _______, a bloodthirsty bandit, against their rulers.
(a) Jose ben Joezer.
(c) Bar Cochba.
(d) Nittai of Arbela.
4. As he grew up, Origen was dedicated to good Christian teaching and taught ___________, a Pagan, among others.
5. Philo became known as a great scholar during this time and lived where?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) In Rome.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In Alexandria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against whose heresy did Apolinarius and Musanus fight?
2. In Hardian's _____________ year of ruling, the war came to a head and the Jews were forced into Diaspora.
3. Eusebius affirms the authorship of the Gospels and argues that the writers were _____________________.
4. Primus, the fourth from the apostles, became the Bishop of ______________, twelve years into Trajan's reign.
5. There is _________ evidence of the succession of bishops in Jerusalem.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)